• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I feel sorry for Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMETA

Banned
X360 much better than ps3? U mean online and multiplats but in exclusives you cappin!!! Once Uncharted 2/Killzone 2 were shown tht built a string of goty Sony winners, changed everything, ppl couldnt believe those games tht were coming out from Sony and Sony first parties started dominating. GOD OF WAR, UNCHARTED 2/3, KILLZONE 2/3, ETC ALL CONSOLE GRAPHICAL BENCHMARKS XBOX360 GAMES COULDN'T TOUCH Let's not do revisionist history. Tht Gen was dominated by Sony exclusives middle to end with higher metas, tons of awards and Xbox lost their way.

Uncharted is overrated, 2 may be good but 3 is utter trash. Killzone 3 was meh too, same for GT (Forza and Forza Horizon are much better games). PS3 had the JRPGs and TLOU, but that's about it. God of War 3 is like, whatever.

Most people play the multiplats, and 360 was simply the better console for that. Cheers :)

Last edited:

12Dannu123

They have a great value with GamePass.

It is their saving grace.. hopefully.

I want to see both consoles do well because I think it helps push Sony (who I actually care about more.)

MS's support of PC makes me happy, and makes me play on Xbox way less, but I still want them to do well. I'm not "sad" about today, but I think they could have really lackluster XSX sales. I'm worried Satya and their board have been sold on the idea that XCloud is going to greatly expand their userbase and I think that's a HUGE "if." Cloud gaming could go out with a whimper in the next 10 years while every executive seems to think it's going to replace traditional gaming.

All proof seems to point that Cloud Gaming will likely gain in attraction as 5G becomes more mainstream in a few years.

Traditional Gaming won't go away but it'll focus purely on hardcore gamers. Casual gamers will move away from traditional gaming because Cloud gaming is convenient.

GAMETA

Banned
452260.jpg
u mad bro?

Gamernyc78

Banned
Uncharted is overrated, 2 may be good but 3 is utter trash. Killzone 3 was meh too, same for GT (Forza and Forza Horizon are much better games). PS3 had the JRPGs had TLOU, but that's about it. God of War 3 is like, whatever.

Most people play the multiplats, and 360 was simply the better console for that. Cheers :)

Once u said uncharted was trash (one of the highest rated, most awarded games in history) , skipped over killzone 2 tht dominated graphics and gameplay over Halo tht year, yeah we done 😂😂

I see what it is with you👀💯 Do your thing playboy.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I feel sorry for people who feel sorry for inanimate objects. As far as "unaesthetic, bulky design", that is an opinion and even if it was the size of a fridge, not everyone lives in an apartment or midget home like yourself. We are all worse off for reading this thread and may God have mercy on our souls.

It's obvious that you're offended by the OP, because you've made personal statements about me rather than make statements about my arguments.

Kokoloko85

Uncharted is overrated, 2 may be good but 3 is utter trash. Killzone 3 was meh too, same for GT (Forza and Forza Horizon are much better games). PS3 had the JRPGs and TLOU, but that's about it. God of War 3 is like, whatever.

“ Utter trash “... ok. 2 May be good? God of War 3 is as whatever as Gears and Halo is whatever lol.

You forgot some games like Kilzone 2. INfamous 1 & 2. Demon Souls. MGS 4. Ratchet and Clank. Valkyrie Chronicles. Resistance. Little Big Planet.
I enjoyed my PS3 more. Xbox has lost it ever since Kinect and has been on the downhill since 2010

GAMETA

Banned
Once u said uncharted was trash (one of the highest tmrated, most awarded games in history) , skipped over killzone 2 tht dominated graphics and gameplay over Halo tht year, yeah we done 😂😂

I see what it is with you👀💯 Do your thing playboy.
Dude, I never played Halo, I owned the PS3 and the 360 at the end of the generation, I'm just saying based on what I played. Uncharted 3 was trash, Killzone 3 was meh, God of War 3 was whatever (but hey, I'm not a huge fan of h&s if that makes you feel a little better, ok? No hard feelings)

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I felt bad for MS fans. They’re like beaten housewives waiting for the day their man will change and treat them with respect.
As a fan of Halo, this is how it feels since Microsoft gave the IP to 343i.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
All proof seems to point that Cloud Gaming will likely gain in attraction as 5G becomes more mainstream in a few years.

Traditional Gaming won't go away but it'll focus purely on hardcore gamers. Casual gamers will move away from traditional gaming because Cloud gaming is convenient.
Proof? There is no proof of that.

And the idea is still nonsense to me:

- 5G is not really an improvement for home internet.. people don't seem to realize that.. it's not some magical latency cure for your cable/fiber internet.. it is the same or worse than those, for home internet it's only better than old DSL which is already on it's way out
- 5G for mobile...we already have games on our mobile phones.. they run just fine.. where is this driver to offload the rendering to a server? Beyond that games on mobile phones are often either simple, or complex games are customized for mobile phone usage (like Fortnite).. but again.. we already can play them without the need for constant high bandwidth servers
- 5g is not some magic tech.. it has issues.. like latency going up as a cell tower gets crowded.. AND a big one below..
- 5g is based on tons of short-range towers.. which means you'll be switching towers even more often than you already do on LTE, potentially even if you aren't even on the move, but DEFINITELY if you are moving. A cloud gaming stream can't survive a tower switch, it will have to stop and re-connect the stream.. enjoy the "connecting" messages mid-game

It's a solution looking for a problem to me

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Don't feel sorry. They've shown:
  • open world Halo
  • next-gen Forza
  • Fable
  • Everwild
  • Avowed
  • Some smaller first party games.
They've still got games to show, and all of it will come to Game Pass. There is no reason to feel "sorry" for Xbox. We'll wait for the reviews, if they all suck, well then you are right, but for the moment those games looked amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a playstation fanboy because I couldn't care less, I go where I think the best games are.

However, to me Xbox already lost the console war. I see Playstation injecting passion and personality in their console and games, Xbox to me just does the bare minimum work to make some fans happy but never tries to improve, they don't try to conquer new players.
People say games will be shown in 2-3-4 years, yes, but that's true for Sony too.
They didn't show the true power if their console, they didn't show anything that could make Playstation fans switch to Xbox, they even disappointed a good chunk of the Halo fanbase, I don't know what they are doing, they look out of touch.

This is like saying “I’m not a racist but....”

Its okay to like PlayStation more. You aren’t hurting anybody and you don’t come off as a fanboy. I play my Xbox more than my PlayStation and even I’m starting to get frustrated with Spencer. Honestly he’s been a disaster. Halo is shit now and you can’t keep rehashing Gears. I adore Forza but at some point you have to start making new, non-indie games. I love BC but that doesn’t entice me to buy a new console. If they don’t start showing something more than what they have I’ll just go back to tinkering with my PC and finish up the PlayStation exclusives I have and I won’t waste my time with Series X. And I’m always a day one Xbox console guy.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Quality first-party studios are hard to come by. Most of the best studios are already owned by other companies/ corporations. What was Microsoft to do?

Build their own, invest. It's not like Sony just bought all their studios already finished and full of talented people as they are now (with some they did, of course, like Insomniac most recently, but that's also a studio they have had a close to exclusive relationship with for many years). Microsoft just hasn't invested as much in this. Until a few years ago they were closing more studios than they were opening or acquiring. That's on them, just like the mistakes they made with the XB1.

GAMETA

Banned
“ Utter trash “... ok. 2 May be good? God of War 3 is as whatever as Gears and Halo is whatever lol.

You forgot some games like Kilzone 2. INfamous 1 & 2. Demon Souls. MGS 4. Ratchet and Clank. Valkyrie Chronicles. Resistance. Little Big Planet.
I enjoyed my PS3 more. Xbox has lost it ever since Kinect and has been on the downhill since 2010

Killzone 2 - never played, can't comment.

Infamous 1 and 2 are ultra fucking trash, I really don't know how you can even stand playing that crap with bad controls.

Demon's Souls is awesome, got a PS3 because of the game.

MGS 4 - never played, can't comment.

Ratchet and Clank - yeah, kind of meh as well.

Valkyrie Chronicles and Resistance - never played, can't comment.

Little Big Planet - LOL
icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif

Come'on dude, LBP isn't bad but Jesus, man, have you played fucking real platformers? Like Mario and Donkey Kong? Come'on...

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
By your logic God of War 2018 is the best action game ever made. It ain't even top 10.

It is for me 🤔 and facts are facts so idk what logic your talking about. It may not be for you but many consider games like Uncharted 2 game of the generation and what you or I say doesnt change tht ❤😊
Anyone can say anything to push a very flawed, frivilous agenda but facts and numbers are quantifiable.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Infamous 1 and 2 are ultra fucking trash, I really don't know how you can even stand playing that crap with bad controls.

Little Big Planet - LOL
icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif

Come'on dude, LBP isn't bad but Jesus, man, have you played fucking real platformers? Like Mario and Donkey Kong? Come'on...

You sound like Chad Warden but reversed.

DEMONDisco

Neo Member
I feel sorry for people who feel sorry for inanimate objects. As far as "unaesthetic, bulky design", that is an opinion and even if it was the size of a fridge, not everyone lives in an apartment or midget home like yourself. We are all worse off for reading this thread and may God have mercy on our souls.
Is that you Adam Sandler?

BiotypE

Neo Member
I wouldn't say I feel sorry for the MS Xbox division. They have been profitable so nothing to be sorry for. I do however feel bad for any developer that pours blood, sweat and tears into a game for years, to have critics tear that work apart based off a quick game-play reveal or trailer regardless of the platform the game is developed for. It would be like me spending all day painting my basement walls only to have my wife tell me she hates the color when I'm on my last brush stroke. Imagine if it took 3-5 years to paint the walls how that would feel.

If anything MS missed another opportunity to market the new, and unquestionably powerful system to the masses in a way that would wow people. There is no doubt both systems will have compelling games. I'll own both! I was just hoping to come away from this show a little more excited. In all honesty both shows left me wanting more. This does not take away from the fact that both have great games in the pipe, its just that my excitement waiting for them has lessened.

mcjmetroid

I don't get it.i watched the same show and I thought it was a good show?

Halo looked like a lot of fun. So fast and frantic.

It showed a lot of gameplay. More than the Sony one for sure and it was far more focused. Almost every game looked like something except that Tetris one.

There was nothing like that high school one on the ps5 one?

I thought as a show the MS one was better. Sony may have had the better games overall but it certainly didn't show much of them.

Kokoloko85

Little Big Planet - LOL
icon_lolsuper.gif
icon_lolsuper.gif

LBP was more the concept and create levels with friends and play them. of course Mario is better lol

Flintty

I don't get it.i watched the same show and I thought it was a good show?

Halo looked like a lot of fun. So fast and frantic.

It showed a lot of gameplay. More than the Sony one for sure and it was far more focused. Almost every game looked like something except that Tetris one.

There was nothing like that high school one on the ps5 one?

I thought as a show the MS one was better. Sony may have had the better games overall but it certainly didn't show much of them.

Yeah same. Not sure if Xbox fans are genuinely disappointed or if people are just trying to control the narrative. But it’s nice that people feel sorry for me I guess 😂

One thing’s for sure, GAF is going to be insufferable for a few days, I think I’ll need a break from the place. There will be negative Nancy’s in every thread. The front page is a fucking tragedy.

Kokoloko85

By your logic God of War 2018 is the best action game ever made. It ain't even top 10.

I love God of War 2018. Even more than the originals. Combat was awesome. Exploration was good. Story was cool and cant wait for a sequel, should be bigger and badder

Paracelsus

It is for me

If you claim it's better than DMC, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden or even God Hand you're quite definitely in the wrong.
Do not use reviews to deflect. If you think God of War 2018 is the best action game of all time, that means your opinion on action games can't be taken seriously.

and facts are facts so idk what logic your talking about. It may not be for you but many consider games like Uncharted 2 game of the generation and what you or I say doesnt change tht

Anyone can say anything to push a very flawed, frivilous agenda but facts and numbers are quantifiable.

People that hide behind numbers or appeal to majority usually are wrong and don't want to admit their taste might be flawed.
I'm not even talking about Uncharted, I liked Uncharted 2.

I love God of War 2018. Even more than the originals. Combat was awesome. Exploration was good. Story was cool and cant wait for a sequel, should be bigger and badder

Low-hanging fruit, combat was at best okayish.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

If you claim it's better than DMC, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden or even God Hand you're quite definitely in the wrong.
Do not use reviews to deflect. If you think God of War 2018 is the best action game of all time, that means your opinion on action games can't be taken seriously.

People that hide behind numbers or appeal to majority usually are wrong and don't want to admit their taste might be flawed.
I'm not even talking about Uncharted, I liked Uncharted 2.

Its better than God Hand and Bayonetta for me.
And Which DMC? 1 & 3 maybe no. 2 hell Yes. 4 and 5 yes
Ninja Gaiden was pretty awesome.

A very well reasoned OP. If Microsoft wanted to lead its next gen marketing push with power, they really needed to showcase it in the presentation today.

This was a bigger disaster than the Xbox One reveal.
Alright, hold on a second. To say this is worse than the Xbox One launch is a little dramatic. The XsX hardware is dramatically better than the X1. Come on now.

MS just showed off a ton of new games that will be available all at once for just a few bucks a month with Gamepass. There's a lot there. And if the XsX is cheaper than the PS5, there will be a ton of value there at launch.

You guys are overreacting.

Last edited:

Dory16

Banned
Microsoft just announced record profits et you are on your keyboard feeling sorry for the most powerful product on the market that they will soon release.

I know there’s no threshold to meet to be allowed to create threads but geesh

Kokoloko85

Low-hanging fruit, combat was at best okayish.

The combat was pretty good, maybe not a 10 or a 9 in that department like DMC 3 and NInja Gaiden, but it definitely made it for it in boss fights.
Exploration and story Id say just as good If not better

noise36

I feel sorry for people who are to poor to afford good games on which ever platform they play best.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Microsoft just announced record profits et you are on your keyboard feeling sorry for the most powerful product on the market that they will soon release.

I know there’s no threshold to meet to be allowed to create threads but geesh

Do you celebrate Apple iphone numbers?
Your not even supporting a console but a company’s cash revenue lol

edbrat

Given how important this IP is to a new console generation launch the Halo Infinite vids and screenshots are astonishingly bad. I honestly don't get it Xbox, MS, 343 is about the biggest concentration of highly compensated people anywhere in the World who'd know that these videos are underwhelming, to put it mildly, and barely competitive with this generations shooters. Did noone watch their E3 2018 reveal trailer which looks like its from a completely different game? How was this allowed to happen?

Simpkin92

Xbox is dead. I have OG Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One X and soon Xbox Series X. There won’t be another console. Im going to enjoy until the end. I’m like a sinking sail boat sailing into the sunset. Let me sink happy.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Considering its the only place for first party RPGs and 2 were announced today nothing to feel sorry about. Im sure next year we will get announcement of inexiles rpg. I feel bad for PS5 gamers who don't get RPGs. Ill own both so ill win no matter what a small slim PS5 with cheap exclusives i missed and series x and game pass.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

It’s hard to tell at this point if it’s just diminishing returns with the quality of late gen PS4 exclusives or if the Series X really is just under powered. The exclusives don’t really appeal to me from what the showed but I’ll definitely get the second version assuming they release A Series XX in a few years? Definitely not day one for me: PS5 might be Day One if they showcase BC enhancements before launch.

Keihart

Proof? There is no proof of that.

And the idea is still nonsense to me:

- 5G is not really an improvement for home internet.. people don't seem to realize that.. it's not some magical latency cure for your cable/fiber internet.. it is the same or worse than those, for home internet it's only better than old DSL which is already on it's way out
- 5G for mobile...we already have games on our mobile phones.. they run just fine.. where is this driver to offload the rendering to a server? Beyond that games on mobile phones are often either simple, or complex games are customized for mobile phone usage (like Fortnite).. but again.. we already can play them without the need for constant high bandwidth servers
- 5g is not some magic tech.. it has issues.. like latency going up as a cell tower gets crowded.. AND a big one below..
- 5g is based on tons of short-range towers.. which means you'll be switching towers even more often than you already do on LTE, potentially even if you aren't even on the move, but DEFINITELY if you are moving. A cloud gaming stream can't survive a tower switch, it will have to stop and re-connect the stream.. enjoy the "connecting" messages mid-game

It's a solution looking for a problem to me
Wherever 5G it's implemented with all the features, it'll work great latency wise, one of the key parts of the standard it's having a better back-haul and more cells working intelligently together, so handover it's not a bug but a feature too. You should get less over radiation and better coverage while at the same time having better back-haul. Speeds are going to be whatever the provider wants to give you, but the critical features are more aimed at latency so they can sell new services with it. I doubt it's going to be implemented in full in places with low density population tho, it doesn't make sense. Besides you can keep your enodeb and just change the core, it's compatible, no need to get the whole 5G feature set in every place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom