• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found out I got a girl pregnant, advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChouGoku

Im kind of freaking the fuck out right now. There is a girl I used to have sex with, she kind of wanted more but I just wanted to keep it casual, and I let her know that. She didn't like that she she broke it off. I was cool with that, I understood her pov and let bygones be bygones. Well two weeks ago I was out drunk as hell and I ran into her at a bar, we went back to my place and had drunk unprotected sex. Well yesterday I find out I got her pregnant. Now I was kind of freaking out but I remembered a conversation I had with her when we had unprotected sex when we were hooking up and we both agreed that abortion was an option. When I figured out she was pregnant in person yesterday, it still seemed like abortion was an option. She kind of made some off hand remarks that made made me kind of think but I thought it was me overreacting as usual and misreading her. I went out and did some research yesterday and let her know she would have to use her insurance as I am going to pay for it. I texted her today asking about the insurance ans she tells me that she is feeling emotional and she is both terrified of having an abortion and having a kid. We are supposed to meet up in an hour. I am a mix of emotions right now, mostly anger as we both agreed that abortion was an option. I'm am not ready to be a father for multiple reasons and the thought of it is making my anxiety go crazy, any advice?

Edit: So we talked about it, it looks like we are going through with the abortion. Thanks for some of the actual advice in this thread it helped. Obviously I took many responses with a grain of salt as it seemed like some people thought I was some player forcing some girl to do an unwanted abortion so I could party more, which wasnt the case. It was a good conversation, she first stated her reasons why she was unsure, then I stated my reasons why I think this would be a terrible idea and we came to an understanding. We both said we were glad to have the talk and it sounds like both of us feel better about going through with this.

Tripon

Edit: Actually, I shouldn't be so glib. Just whatever decision you guys make, make sure you are both okay with it.

Betty

Banned
You should've worn a condom.

hindsight1.jpg

Ashhong

Stop simply telling her how to have the abortion over texts, and be supportive and talk to her in person. She must be pretty scared, and from your paragraph it sounds like you don't care and just want her to have the abortion. That's just from your wording though, I would like to assume that is not the case.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I texted her today asking about the insurance ans she tells me that she is feeling emotional and she is both terrified of having an abortion and having a kid...

I'm am not ready to be a father for multiple reasons and the thought of it is making my anxiety go crazy, any advice?

Abortion seems like the better choice. There is no reason to potentially make someone have a terrible childhood and people have eighteen years of misery because the two adults in the situation were too afraid to make the right decision and get an abortion.

Both you and the girl will ruin future aspirations if you have a child and are not ready to support it mentally, physically, and financially.

The advice in the first post only makes sense if you live in a rom-com. This is a woman you consider a casual fuck buddy. You can't fake emotional attachment, it sounds like she is the only one interested in a emotional relationship.

---

If she decides to have the child, congratulate her but make sure to consult a lawyer before the birth and get a paternity test. The timeline seems a bit too coincidental.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
"I don't have many regrets in life but having a baby mama is one. Kids don't make baby mamas, get a wife you don't want moody ass baby mamas" -Derek Brunson

Beyonce glorifies Drunkin Love, but sometimes being drunk impairs judgement like using a condom. Unplanned pregnancy is sometimes a result of that. Hopefully you two can come up with an agreeable attack plan

I know America is weird about abortions but you're not a couple, it was a mistake, you're both young with futures ahead of you - why fuck all that up just because of one drunken fuck?

Whip out those stats about how 95% of women who get abortions don't regret it. I've found that statistics are often very effective at convincing people to change this minds.

Seriously, though. Good luck.

Kaban

Now I was kind of freaking out but I remembered a conversation I had with her when we had unprotected sex when we were hooking up and we both agreed that abortion was an option.

So having an abortion was an option, but wearing a condom wasn't? Please tell me you at least discussed that option after the sex, not before.

Run the fuck out of there come to Mexico I will help you, your new name will José Espinoza De la GAF and you're gonna make tacos for a living.

You may want an abortion but ultimately it's her decision, respect that.

And I don't mean to kick you while you're down but you shouldn't be having sex if you are not prepared to deal with the possibility of having a child.

Explain to her that you are in no state to raise a kid and that you believe the child would not get the upbringing they deserve. But also make it clear that you are there for her

ChouGoku

Pretty much.

Just make sure you mean it. Nothing worse than making a promise to support someone in their time of need, only to take off and cut ties.

If I said that I wouldnt mean it, I would not mean it. I wouldnt support her decision to have a baby but I wouldnt run away. I feel like having a baby should not be an emotional decision, there is a lot of things that go into raising a child, especially one who is destined for a broken home.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Sounds like abortion is the right option. Don't pressure her, she has the final word on this. Offer her your support in case she wants to keep the baby. That's your moral obligation for having played your part in this.

That's not wise. I mean..short term yeah, but better not put the idea in her head that if she wants he will marry her and raise the kid if he doesn't feel like it.

Not "whatever you want", but "whatever you decide REGARDING THE PREGNANCY". It's her body, it's her choice. And if you're any kind of a man you support that woman. I can only assume you're just not much of a man.

Tesseract

Banned
abort the parasite, you're not ready to be a father

i don't like this she has the final word business since having a babby literally destroys about 20 years of your life, the important bits.

i'd convince her any way you can

that's my (harsh) opinion

watch the juno movie :)
I am always pro-life especialy if you love her,
can you imaging a little mini you a reflection or your love :)

It's so cute man,
I hope you guys give the little girl or guy a chance :)

Hystzen

Name it Gohan then ignore him for rest your life while your friend/enemy raises it as his own causing your child to have major daddy issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom