• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found out I got a girl pregnant, advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

Bear the financial burden. You got what you wanted and she has to endure the surgery and aftermath. I'm not saying she'll regret it, but she'll have to go through the full wave of hormones similar to post partem. Just pay for it.

If it's only two weeks she would be able to get the pill.

grumble

Its not her choice.
Its not your choice.

Its the choice of both of you as parents.

Also OP don't consider abortion, 15 years from now that kid could be your best choice and the engine to keep you moving.

Things happens for a reason, be an adult and asume the consequences.

Yeah it's her choice. Again abortion is an autonomy issue, not a parental one. The only reason it is legal is because it would be wrong to force a woman to go through a pregnancy against her will.

I don't get this logic. She has the choice not to have the baby. If she chooses to do so, why should he be forced to support her? It was her choice to have the baby in the end, not his.

Don't know where the OP lives but in the US it's the law to atleast pay child support or he goes to jail. I don't get your logic. Yes he was drunk and all that but when it comes down to it he decided to have sex with her.

If he doesn't want any part of the child's life if she chooses to have it cool whatever. But if she decides to have it and takes him to court for financial support his choices are either pay it or go to jail and possibly have unwanted sex with people far less attractive then this woman.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I would strongly encourage you to consider adoption instead.

I'll keep all of you in my prayers, and will return to the gaming side. Have a good night.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Its not her choice.
Its not your choice.

Also OP don't consider abortion, 15 years from now that kid could be your best choice and the engine to keep you moving.

Don't listen to this man. If you don't want a kid and she doesn't want a kid and abortion is an option go for it.

Africanus

Its not her choice.
Its not your choice.

Being an adult means knowing your options and selecting the path that will not ruin three lives.

Unprotected sex is plain stupid.

Outside of a committed relationship, sure. But man it's great once you're not worried about STD's and Pregnancy:

jqq8wm.gif

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Glad it worked out for the best, OP. Better be more careful next time though!

There are approximately 15 states with medicaid insurance coverage for abortion procedures done at any time during the pregnancy. If her current insurance does not cover it, she can look into it. Pregnancy related medicaid is different than standard medicaid requirements (higher income limits) and often provide coverage nearly immediately upon completion of the application. There are also donations available to help cover the cost. you can contact the National Abortion Federation for advice and information on where to go and what to expect. There are more clinics than just Planned Parenthood for services. OOP costs are usually $300-400 within the first 7 weeks. (Remember weeks start from the date of last period, so most women find out around week 4 or 5.)

Remember she still has the final say in all this. It ddoesn't matter what you want, only her if she goes through with it. Most clinics aren't exactly welcoming of guys because the fear the woman is being coerced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom