• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just ate at Arby's for the first time ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosaeon

Thats kind of like going to a burger joint and asking for a plain hamburger. i like Arbys but its very expensive.

Also their sauces are pretty good. They dont put sauce on the sandwiches, you have to add it yourself.

fzcAv6j.jpg

Lol mmm high fructose corn syrup. It's probably in the napkins and the hand soap in the bathrooms too.

I got the Roast Beef sandwich (since I think that's what they're famous for) and it was literally just a slab of cold cut roast beef on a piece of bread??? Like, they didn't even put mayo on it???

What the heck did I just spend almost $10 on. Lessons learned:

1. Mom always says "we have food at home" and Arby's is the best proof of concept for making something at home instead of paying for it outside.
2. Their social media is far superior to the shit they actually sell. They should just turn into an origami paper craft channel.

CongratulationsYouPlayedYourself.gif
1. I call BS on the price you say you paid. The classic roast beef average price in the US is $3.29; the mid roast beef (more meat) is $4.29; and the max (triple meat) is $5.29

2. Not sure why you didn't ask for whatever condiment you wanted. And they always ask if you want sauces (e.g. Arby's sauce or Horsey Sauce)

3. The quality of the roast beef is decent. Not spectacular, not shit.

akira28

Lol Arbys used to have a reputation as not being the cleanest place around. This was years and year ago back when they were still rocking the cowboy hats. They have had 2 comebacks since the 80s so far. Its like a part of their business model at this point. Regional decline and resurgence.

anyway...cherry turnover, and these poppers and bronco sauce are bomb.

Lenz44

Banned
OP ordered the equivalent to a plain hamburger with nothing on it except the meat and bun and then asking why anyone likes cheeseburgers. It's madness.

Goldboy

You're supposed to get the sauce with it and put it on yourself. I haven't had Arby's in years so I can't vouch for it being great or anything though.

Mathieran

Banned
Arby's is okay. I wouldn't ever buy anything regular priced. I miss the old 5 for 5 deal they used to have. We usually only go there if we have coupons.

painey

I actually went to Arbys today and got their brisket meal and it was $8. With a coupon for free loaded curly fries, I got a huge meal for practically no money.

bill0527

I got the Roast Beef sandwich (since I think that's what they're famous for) and it was literally just a slab of cold cut roast beef on a piece of bread??? Like, they didn't even put mayo on it???

What the heck did I just spend almost $10 on. Lessons learned:

1. Mom always says "we have food at home" and Arby's is the best proof of concept for making something at home instead of paying for it outside.
2. Their social media is far superior to the shit they actually sell. They should just turn into an origami paper craft channel.

CongratulationsYouPlayedYourself.gif

Apparently you missed this OP:

o.jpg

They're not even offering their best sandwich. The Arby-Q. They need to bring it back as a permanent part of the menu. Enough with this limited time only bullshit.

Love me some Arby's. Won't eat there unless I have coupons though... The french dip sandwiches are great. They usually put a lot of roast beef on'em.

Wark

I'd say try one of their Market Fresh sandwiches out if you ever decide to go back there for some reason. Aside from the occasional Dunkin' Donuts sandwiches and breakfast, I rarely go to any fast food places when I'm feeling hungry anymore. Though, sometimes, I get the craving for the roast turkey & swiss Market Fresh sandwich at Arby's. That shit is legit! Honestly, they are a little overpriced for what you get.

I used to prefer this regional place called Rax. It had better roast beef, cheaper prices and more interesting options. The one near me closed, though. There's still one in Harlan, Kentucky, but there's also a song called "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" that has a lot of essential truth to it, so I don't get over there that much.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I used to prefer this regional place called Rax. It had better roast beef, cheaper prices and more interesting options. The one near me closed, though. There's still one in Harlan, Kentucky, but there's also a song called "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" that has a lot of essential truth to it, so I don't get over there that much.

There used to be a Rax in my region too. Ate there twice and got the raging shits both times. Never went back again lol.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The one on Sunset in Los Angeles still has the original big cowboy hat sign.

You can probably Google street view it.

There's one in Huntington Beach, too. Or at least there was a few months ago.

Regiruler

How did you spend $10 on a sandwich?

And your mistake was not getting the french dip (although the au jus is a bit salty as a forewarning).

ZOONAMI

Beef and cheddar and Arby's sauce, horsey if you're feeling horsey. Curly fries with more Arby's sauce. Heaven.

Haven't had Arby's in years but I have fond memories.

Beef and cheddar and Arby's sauce, horsey if you're feeling horsey. Curly fries with more Arby's sauce. Heaven.

Haven't had Arby's in years but I have fond memories.

I think the Red ranch is awful. So much so I'd order the Arby's Melt instead of the B&C. Also lose the onion bun in the process, saving friendships.

AxeMan

Mayonnaise on roast beef is good. Not as good as HP Sauce on roast beef but still good.

To be fair HP Sauce on anything is usually better than Mayo - except chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom