• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just got trolled by a telemarketer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
I usually either ignore the phone if the number isn't anything I recognize or doesn't give a name on my home phone's caller ID. But today, I was expecting a call and I answered it in a rush without looking and, sure enough, it was a telemarketer. I thought I'd quickly tell this person I'm not interested and hang up, but this was not what happened just half an hour ago.

The funny thing about the telemarketers that keep calling my house is they keep asking for all these different people who don't live here, and we'd just tell them they have the wrong number and hang up.

This was the same, except this telemarketer was adamant that I was lying and would not give up on asking for whoever she was asking for. She asked for this person (I forgot the name), I told her she had the wrong number, then she told me the number she dialed, and I promptly told her that was not my number.

Her: "I don't believe you. This is the number I dialed: ***-***-****. I'm looking for Mr. [insert name]?"
Me: "I already told you that that person doesn't live here and you've got the wrong number."
Her: "I don't believe you because I dialed this number and you picked up. Where is Mr. [insert name]?

I told her that she can believe what she wants, but that wasn't our number and that person doesn't live here. Before hanging up on her, I heard her continue saying, "OK sir, I still don't believe you..."

I probably should've just hung up. Stupid me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You should have told her to ring the number again if she was so certain.

Edit:
ronito said:
then who was phone?!

This should have been the first reply. :(

Momo

Banned
Should have told her Mr [.......] moved and his new number is [insert curry delivery number here]

Trick_GSF

Banned
I remember once when I was about 12 I got a call from a telemarketer. I said "no thank you" immediately and he called me a pussyhole.

True story.

krae_man

I love when people think I'm a telemarketer and hang up on me. If you just would have let me finish, I would have told you some tickets came available for that sold out concert you put you name on the waiting list for.

I just move on to the next person and make their day instead since they were nice enough to let me tell them why I'm calling.

Hari Seldon

If I hear any wait at all when I pick up the phone then I immediately hang up. Using this strategy I rarely get telemarketer calls. However I did make the mistake of donating once to a cancer place in someone's name as a memorial thing, and those bastards call me all the time and don't use a robot. Never again. I'd rather give my money to the bum on the street to buy crack with because at least that mother fucker won't call me.

Quick

Banned
outunderthestars said:
that's what you get for still having a landline.

Rotary phone is best phone.

And sorry if I got my definitions mixed up for this. Regardless, I was peeved about it enough to post here. She was also really irritating me with her extremely happy sing-song voice.

FairyD

I loved it when I worked as a telemarketer.

98% of the time people would hang up, but every once in a while you would get one guy who would get so pissed off that he wanted to speak to my manager. They would always bring out the whole act of wanting to know who they're talking to, where we are located, my id numbers, all that shit.

In the end we would simply hang up on them and put them back into the system to be called the next day.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I agree with the other poster this sounds more like a debt collector than a telemarketer.

CrankyJay

Banned
I just don't answer calls I don't recognize the number of. If the call is important whoever is calling will leave a message.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Quick said:
Regardless, I was peeved about it enough to post here. She was also really irritating me with her extremely happy sing-song voice.

Why not just start masturbating?

Red

CrankyJay said:
That sounds more like a debt collector than a telemarketer.
Quick has been putting off his debt by hanging up on collectors for years. Now it's their turn to hang him up.

LOL-I-TROLL-YOU.png

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
it was probably some collection agency. they are usually the ones that will say that you are lying.

Years ago at my mom's house who had a ton of loud ass birds at the time.

*Ring*

Me: Hello?

Tel: Hi this is Kelly for blah blah dating service.

M: Uh...I didn't sign up for any dating serv-

T: We would like to set you up with a date through our service, blah blah.

M: Well, I'm actually in a relationship.

T: Right. You have all those birds and you're in a realtionship... *click*

Zoe

CrankyJay said:
That sounds more like a debt collector than a telemarketer.

Yeah, they're the ones who will start throwing accusations and insults like that. Telemarketers will move onto their next sale as soon as possible.

Lo_Fi

Yeah, that's totally a troll. Not just some persistent telemarketer.

People really need to stop using 'troll' incorrectly.

G-Fex

That's all?

Gosh, I wish a telemarketer would call me I got a voice impersonation of a old man down and i've been dying to try it on a phone.

That or Soundboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom