• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love my 360 but...

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
BuddyC said:
I think the cheapest workaround is just to buy another cheap switchbox and use one for your audio, one for your video. I'll try and get a picture up later today, but you can use that standard RCA switchbox for your three Component video inputs, just make sure you keep track of which component stream is going into what plug color when you're wiring things up. I haven't noticed any color loss or bleeding, which is a plus, and though I can't comment on how it affects HD, another person on the forum (who actually inspired me) claimed they didn't have any issues there either.

Not enough bandwidth for resolutions over 480p. You'll get noticeable image degredation.

BuddyC

DaCocoBrova said:
Not enough bandwidth for resolutions over 480p. You'll get noticeable image degredation.
Ah, my bad. Still a decent workaround if you've got an extra switch (or can get one super cheap) and don't have an HDTV.

Just finished playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time on 360 and it's a good example of the pros and cons of BC. The upscaling makes it looks really good, plays well with the 360 controller.

But, the framerate dips a hell of lot more than when playing on the Xbox (during fights with a large number of enemies, it's like using the dagger for permanent slow-mo) and worst of all, the two unlockable PoP games don't even work. That's the kind of bullshit that's annoying, they don't even mention it on the issues list, and you can't transfer saves so there is no way to access those unlockables. Plus the other two PoP's don't work, so to continue the series I've gotta use the brick.

On another note, Half-Life 2 works pretty well outside of some frame rate hitches (which I think are also present playing on the old Xbox) and is worth picking up if you haven't played it yet and have a crappy computer.

Juice

DaCocoBrova said:
XCM_360_5_Output_cable.jpg

Reaching behind the rack to hit that swith kills any convenience IMO.

Wait, is that HDMI? Any reports on how it looks versus VGA, etc?

I can't imagine this third party thing is getting a true digital signal out of that port, it must be converted, no?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Black is great though....looks almost as good as most 360 games. BC was worth it just for black.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
arne said:
I am playing a small violin for you and the other 5 people that bought both Otogis and Phantom Dust. Sorry, 6, I forgot demi.

Why are you posting when you should be shouting at the BC team to get Street Fighter Anniversary and Metal Slug 3 working?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DaCocoBrova said:
Not true - 720p from my 360 outputs just fine on my HDTV using this method.

Jim

DaCocoBrova said:

It definitely works fine... Unless you are the type who swear by only Monster cable stuff :)

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
I just got to close to the end of Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth on my Xbox 360 only to encounter a pretty much game ending bug when fighting
Robert Marsh

I can't transfer my save to an Xbox to finish the game and I'll be damned if I'm playing through that game a second time just to finish it.

:(

Top Bottom