• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love my 360 but...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What's wrong with backwards compatability? The best Xbox game is backwards compatible (Barbie's Horse Adventure). Thats all that matters

Speevy

Banned
They need to fix what's already compatible, then do Phantom Dust, and release Street Fighter 2 Jesethiah this is all your fault!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I was talking to a coworker about how I was going to spend $300 on a component switch. He said I was crazy, and that what he did was stick the three component inputs into his normal RCA switcher using the Video, left and right audio channels for the RGB cords, and it worked.

I laughed at him and told him his image must look like crap. He then laughed at me and said it didn't, and if it gave even the slightest problem there's no way he would have used it.

So, I get home, stick my components through the three inputs on my old switcher, and it worked great. No picture loss at all.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
SELL IT FOR A PS3.

Heck even Revolution will have better BC. A better collection of games BC on REV and that is just sad.

arne

MrAngryFace said:
WHY DONT THE OTOGIS WORK! PHANTOM DUST! COME ON!

I am playing a small violin for you and the other 5 people that bought both Otogis and Phantom Dust. Sorry, 6, I forgot demi.

Speevy

Banned
arne said:
I am playing a small violin for you and the other 5 people that bought both Otogis and Phantom Dust. Sorry, 6, I forgot demi.

The poor taste of the market is really irrelevant when you're talking about a genre-transcending, beautiful masterpiece like Phantom Dust.

arne

MrAngryFace said:
HAVE YOU FUKIN PLAYED OTOGI 2 AND PHANTOM DUST YOU COCKFACE!?!??!

You made me spit water. hahah.

no really, the bc team knows there's people who want these games, plus JSRF, Panzer Dragoon. all games I enjoy

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Speevy said:
They need to fix what's already compatible, then do Phantom Dust, and release Street Fighter 2 Jesethiah this is all your fault!
They? Did you have a falling out? :(

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
MrAngryFace said:
HAVE YOU FUKIN PLAYED OTOGI 2 AND PHANTOM DUST YOU COCKFACE!?!??!
I played Phantom Dust, it sucks. And by the sounds of it, they don't work properly either.

arne said:
no really, the bc team knows there's people who want these games, plus JSRF, Panzer Dragoon. all games I enjoy
YES I WANT MY JSRF, FUCK YOU MS.

icecream

Public Health Threat
arne said:
Make that 7!

Eight if you count the fact that I bought two copies

And what about the Fatal Frames... :(

GhaleonEB

I still don't understand why they have to do this "one game at a time" approach. Why can't they create an emulator that runs all XBox games? What they are doing now is a joke.

arne said:
You made me spit water. hahah.

Oh please. Tell them to drop the EA ports and such and work on Panzer Dragoon, JSRF and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, ASAP!

In the meantime, as I never owned an Xbox, I'm actually having a good time playing catch up. Just finished Crimson Skies and have Halo 2, Jade Empire, Ninja Gaiden Black, Fable: The Lost Chapters, and the three Splinter Cell's up to the plate. Good times ahead.

Norse

I dont really care about bc..but I couldnt pass up some great deals lately on half life 2 and ninja gaiden black...both are great on the 360 so far...I just finished the air boat section in half life...that game looks great for an xbox 1 game.

I wanted to pick up Fable:The Lost Chapers (owned original Fable, but got rid of it). How is the BC performance on it? I've thought I've read its so so right now and needs to be tweaked in the future....

Anyone wanna post some impressions

_PsiFire_

Here's a good component selector..

40324.jpg

I'm planning on getting it because it's cheap.. 3 component & toslink optical inputs..

Perfect for my 3 console future!!

FiRez

jj984jj said:
SELL IT FOR A PS3.

Heck even Revolution will have better BC. A better collection of games BC on REV and that is just sad.

even if that's your point I fail to see how the PS3 and/or the Revolution will play my xbox library

mosaic

go eat paint
I'd like to be able to play Crazy Taxi 3 on my 360.... you know, for when I get the urge to shuttle people around San Francisco at breakneck speeds.

BlizzyAzz

Check out new Team Xtender Multi Console Component Cable (PS2/Xbox/Xbox360):

XCM Multi-Console Component Cable (PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360)

1. Fully Compatible with Xbox 360™, Xbox™, PS2™ and any TV system.
2. Support Component Signal (Stereo Function)
3. Support AV Signal (Stereo Function)
4. High Quality and High Speed for Transfer Signal.
5. Support Dolby Prologic.
6. Support DTS 5.1 Channel System.
7. Support DOLBY Digital and Surround Sound
8. Support Stereo Sound
9. Support Optical Signal
10. Compatible with Surround Receiver or Integrated Amplifier
11. Support CRT, Plasma, LCD or any HDTV System
12. Fully Compatible with Xbox 360T Console and any TV System
13. Support D2 (480i/480P); (720i/720P) & D4 (1080 i/ 1080 P) technology.

XCM_multi-consoles%20component%20cable.jpg

I was playing GTAVC for XBOX360BC a bit and HOLYSHIT I was blinded by the LIGHT(S). I'm not sure if it was the game or the Seagrams in my drink, but I felt like I was playing a drunk driving simulator.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
XCM_360_5_Output_cable.jpg

Reaching behind the rack to hit that swith kills any convenience IMO.

DaCocoBrova said:
What happens when more than one console is on at a time?

Probably same shit as Madcatz and you CAN'T have more that one actually plugged in with it.....

but who knows, it would be could if it was the opposite!

BuddyC

AgentOtaku said:
hell yeah it does!

...still I guess it a cheap workaround from buying an actual switch box
I think the cheapest workaround is just to buy another cheap switchbox and use one for your audio, one for your video. I'll try and get a picture up later today, but you can use that standard RCA switchbox for your three Component video inputs, just make sure you keep track of which component stream is going into what plug color when you're wiring things up. I haven't noticed any color loss or bleeding, which is a plus, and though I can't comment on how it affects HD, another person on the forum (who actually inspired me) claimed they didn't have any issues there either.

SpokkX

Norse said:
I dont really care about bc..but I couldnt pass up some great deals lately on half life 2 and ninja gaiden black...both are great on the 360 so far...I just finished the air boat section in half life...that game looks great for an xbox 1 game.

how is the framerate in Half Life 2 now?

worse or better than on Xbox1?

have still nog played this game and sold my Xbox some time ago..

Top Bottom