• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2011 Edition of SSD's for everyone! |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyaw

scy said:
You can try but I just got a whole-hearted "Meh" when I tried. Amazon has a decent return policy that you should be able to get it returned without paying for shipping back to them possibly.

Eh... returning things like big TVs seems like a big hassle to me.

ithorien said:
Damn it Exodus, now I'm looking at 32" TVs and I most certainly do not have the budget for this.

That exactly what i'm like now.

vexvegaz

for those of you lookin for a great stock/mild overclocker mobo, [H] has a great deal with tigerdirect.

MSI P67A-C43 B3 P67 Socket LGA1155 MB = $84.99
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1612498

edit: the reason why i consider the msi board a mild oc'er is because it just doesnt offer the same level of overclocking features and option found in asus and gigabyte boards.

Roquentin

I've been assembling my new PC for the past four hours. My back hurts, my fingers are sore and I'm not done yet (will have to finish it tomorrow).

Installing 212+ was kind of intense and I won't be surprised if I have to redo it.

Oh, and do I regret not getting HX750 (which is modular). I just wasn't expecting so many fucking cables to stick out from the PSU. Cable management will be a pain in the ass.

I just hope it will work fine when it's finished. My backlog is ready.

Aselith

TheExodu5 said:
Do you need that high resolution?

If not, you could consider getting a 32" HDTV instead. You can get a nice one for $400-500, and 1080p is much easier to run. I use a Sony myself, but last year's LG and Panasonic IPS panels were quite popular for PC use.

tv.jpg

Do you really have those pink areas for shaded parts on your monitor or is it the camera? I had that at first and I turned up the contrast and they went back to gray.

RS4-

For those in Toronto and curious about the ncix warehouse sale tomorrow, lots of video cards and monitors; no p67/z68 mobos out yet, didn't see any procs either.

Did see some Asus Rampage III Extremes starting at 220.

I have a friend who want me to build him a new pc. He doesn't game, and will only be using it for music and internet. He also wants it on the cheap, upper price range being $350 for the whole thing. What cpu/mobo combo would you guys go with? I'm thinking an AMD dualcore.

Salaadin

Do you guys have any suggestions for good backup programs?
Im currently using Comodo Backup and its been awesome with its scheduled backups and ability to pull my PC from sleep mode to run a scheduled backup but heres my thing:
It only backs up to its own .cbu format. One massive file containing everything.

Im wondering if theres something out there that will do something similar to a copy/paste job of all my files....something that I can actually browse after the backup is complete. That way, if I were to lose JUST a single file, I can just browse the backup an find that specific file and restore JUST that? Any ideas?

Or am I just better off copy/pasting everything useful once a week?

Tom Penny

Kind of a dumb question. I don't know how assemble a computer but I'm thinking of buying a combo on newegg. All that is missing is the video card. Are they pre assembled? When you buy those do you just put a video card in and put in your operating system DVD in the drive and it will install the OS and your ready to roll?

knitoe

Tom Penny said:
Kind of a dumb question. I don't know how assemble a computer but I'm thinking of buying a combo on newegg. All that is missing is the video card. Are they pre assembled? When you buy those do you just put a video card in and put in your operating system DVD in the drive and it will install the OS and your ready to roll?
Nope. Combo just means you get the parts together at a cheaper price. You need to get a prebuilt or find a place / site that will assemble the computer together at usually extra cost if you select individual parts.

Tom Penny

knitoe said:
Nope. Combo just means you get the parts together at a cheaper price. You need to get a prebuilt or find a place / site that will assemble the computer together at usually extra cost if you select individual parts.

Well that is good to know. Thanks.

Ploid 3.0

Just got my hyper 212+ and now I can't clock to what I had with stock cooling. The cpu is cooler than before but the bios OC just won't work over 3.33ghz for some reason.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
claviertekky said:
Why don't get one of those Professional videos cards? The ones that cost like $250-$1800?

This is just a random one I picked out: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003X26T70/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Not for gaming. This is for professional work use (i.e. image editing, rendering, engineering: AutoCAD)

Cause it's WAY too expensive. I don't need it for work, all of what I'll be doing is a hobby. I just make illustrations and plan to make some videos, etc., but it's separate from work.

Here is my list:

MB: ASUS P8P67 PRO

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

PSU:OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

DVD: ASUS Black 24X DVD+R/RW/etc.

GPU: the GTX 550 (GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP).

I hope I'm not forgetting anything? I'm thinking I might need some extra fans? I have one on my current PC on the side and another smaller one still boxed.

And do you guys know of any Canadian stores that sell Dell monitors? I only found this one: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=11320MN0761&vpn=320-9271&manufacture=DELL

Or do you have any other recommendation for monitors? I need two 19" or 20" monitors.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ether_Snake said:
Cause it's WAY too expensive. I don't need it for work, all of what I'll be doing is a hobby. I just make illustrations and plan to make some videos, etc., but it's separate from work.

Here is my list:

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

GPU: the GTX 550 (GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP).

I hope I'm not forgetting anything? I'm thinking I might need some extra fans? I have one on my current PC on the side and another smaller one still boxed.

And do you guys know of any Canadian stores that sell Dell monitors? I only found this one: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=11320MN0761&vpn=320-9271&manufacture=DELL

Or do you have any other recommendation for monitors? I need two 19" or 20" monitors.
Swap HDD to Samsung F3 (Faster, quieter): http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185
Swap GPU to GTX 460. The 550 is a joke of a card and shouldn't exist. Even 768MB is faster and clocks to the moon.

* http://accessories.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=ca&cs=cadhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=hotdeals_monitors
?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hazaro said:
Swap HDD to Samsung F3 (Faster, quieter): http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185
Swap GPU to GTX 460. The 550 is a joke of a card and shouldn't exist. Even 768MB is faster and clocks to the moon.

* http://accessories.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=ca&cs=cadhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=hotdeals_monitors
?

Thanks for the info. I'll go with the Samsung. For the GTX 460, which one should I go for? There are so many small differences in the models: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...ion=gtx 460&bop=And&Order=REVIEWS&PageSize=20

The dell site isn't working:| I'll try again later.

edit: Now it's working. Looking.
edit2: I'll have to check back what models we have at work, I'll get the same, I really like it. I just know it's a Dell:p

Noogy

I just picked up a 46" 1080 RCA flatscreen from Best Buy, and am temporarily using it as my primary monitor (only about 3 feet from my face). It's melting my brain, and my 24" Dells were no slouch.

Ether_Snake said:
For the GTX 460, which one should I go for?

When I was researching the 460 I narrowed it down to the MSI Hawk, since it is pre-OC'ed and is equipped to be overclocked even further. I've been very happy with it, although that was a number of months ago and I haven't really been keeping up with newer models.

Chris R

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

PSU has 4x 6+2 pci power, 1x 8 pci, new motherboard needs a single 4 pin. Guess I'm not building this tonight :/

6/8 to 4 converters exist right???

rhfb said:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

PSU has 4x 6+2 pci power, 1x 8 pci, new motherboard needs a single 4 pin. Guess I'm not building this tonight :/

6/8 to 4 converters exist right???
What power supply do you have? Are you sure that the 1x8 power cable does not split into 2x4 pin? There are molex to 4 pin adapters.

Chris R

j2theizzay said:
What power supply do you have? Are you sure that the 1x8 power cable does not split into 2x4 pin? There are molex to 4 pin adapters.
Don't have the psu infront of me any more but I'm sure the 8 pin didn't split. Just checked my parts and I have two 2x Molex to 6 pin connectors that came with my 4870. Totally didn't think to check to see if my psu had the 4 pin when I ordered the mobo :/

Hope finding an adapter in town tomorrow isn't that hard.

squicken

General question about case fans. I bought the HAF 922 and am a little confused on how to set up the 3 included fans.

My motherboard (which I'll be upgrading later in year) only has a spot for one case fan, and I'll hook in the rear 120mm to that. The front 200 mm fan is controlled by an on/off switch on the case. There is a top mounted exhaust 200mm fan connected to nothing. I understand I'll power the two 200mm fans with a 4pin molex from my power supply.

Can they somehow share power from that molex connector? What about control? I know they sell add-on fan controllers, but I'd prefer not to go that route. The manual is a fucking joke. It says absolutely nothing in 7 languages.

Roquentin

New PC is assembled. Everything seems OK so far.

Windows installation took less than 15 minutes, boot time is around 30 seconds (and that includes at least 10 seconds of BIOS stuff). Windows updates and drivers install amazingly quick. SSD is definitely good for that.

I only had one problem. I connected HDMI cable to my TV, but it couldn't be detected. So I proceeded with other stuff. After doing Windows Update (including some driver update) system restarted and instead going to desktop it just sat there showing blue screen (not BSoD). Nothing seemed to work so I tried various things to get it fixed (uninstalling updates, reinstalling drivers, system restore). It turned out that actual Windows desktop was shown on the TV (which was off) and my monitor got just an empty desktop space.

Now I have to migrate some stuff from my netbook, then do a couple of stress tests and if all is good, play something from my Steam backlog.

Okay, can someone just point me to a $400-$500 desktop that will run Deus Ex HR, Skyrim would be nice too, but I'm not going to spend more than $500. I don't need a monitor. Can someone just find me a prefab unit?

Please!

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Okay, can someone just point me to a $400-$500 desktop that will run Deus Ex HR, Skyrim would be nice too, but I'm not going to spend more than $500. I don't need a monitor. Can someone just find me a prefab unit?

Please!
Well, you won't be running them high. And we need for info like resolution. Also 400-500 is very little for a pc especially if you want to game on it. And you are sure aren´t getting a prefab unit for that price that is useful for games.

You will get burned.

52club

BiasedGamer said:
New PC is assembled. Everything seems OK so far.

Windows installation took less than 15 minutes, boot time is around 30 seconds (and that includes at least 10 seconds of BIOS stuff). Windows updates and drivers install amazingly quick. SSD is definitely good for that.

I only had one problem. I connected HDMI cable to my TV, but it couldn't be detected. So I proceeded with other stuff. After doing Windows Update (including some driver update) system restarted and instead going to desktop it just sat there showing blue screen (not BSoD). Nothing seemed to work so I tried various things to get it fixed (uninstalling updates, reinstalling drivers, system restore). It turned out that actual Windows desktop was shown on the TV (which was off) and my monitor got just an empty desktop space.

Now I have to migrate some stuff from my netbook, then do a couple of stress tests and if all is good, play something from my Steam backlog.

Good to hear you made it through. How many PCs have you built in the past? I ask because I'm on my fifth and it gets much easier. As they say about experience, she gives the test first and the lesson after.

I'm also envious of your SSD. I've got one on my notebook (Intel 128GB), but haven't taken the plunge for my desktop. It makes a world of a difference, so I'm just waiting on the right deal (looking for the 250GBs to drop a little).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
A manufactured PC for $400-$500 is going to have onboard video or an equivalent. That's not going to cut it for games.

You could build something for $500 that would play those games if you have a way to get Windows at a discount, otherwise you might be SOL since anything you get for ~$400+Win7 isn't going to be a whole lot better than consoles. Not a big enough step up that I'd recommend building at least.

Roquentin

52club said:
Good to hear you made it through. How many PCs have you built in the past? I ask because I'm on my fifth and it gets much easier. As they say about experience, she gives the test first and the lesson after.
Around 10, I think. But it's the first time I bought a PC so expensive and with money I had to work for. That makes you extra careful and paranoid.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hmm

With regards to AA and such at mid-resolution ( 1080p ) how much of it comes down to the GPUs vram?

Hypothetical example : 6950 1gb vs 6950 2gb @1080p and 2x,4x,8x msaa, will they perform the same at that resolution, i.e will vram only really come into play at higher resolutions?

Prophet Steve said:
Well, you won't be running them high. And we need for info like resolution. Also 400-500 is very little for a pc especially if you want to game on it. And you are sure aren´t getting a prefab unit for that price that is useful for games.

You will get burned.

I figured as much. Okay how about not lazy then and I build the son of a bitch. In that case I have a 1080p TV, but I could also be perfectly fine with running it at 720p.

chaosblade said:
A manufactured PC for $400-$500 is going to have onboard video or an equivalent. That's not going to cut it for games.

You could build something for $500 that would play those games if you have a way to get Windows at a discount, otherwise you might be SOL since anything you get for ~$400+Win7 isn't going to be a whole lot better than consoles. Not a big enough step up that I'd recommend building at least.
Fine I won't be lazy

I still have Windows 7 Ultimate that I got for 20 bucks when I was in law school. :) It's not a cost issue :)

Earlier Info Post I made
Colonisation helped me out a little before, but I decided ask everyone again since my time frame will be different and case size isn't a big issue anymore. I have one big big change. I'm no longer going to be living in New York and will no longer be covered by a state that requires Amazon or others to collect sales tax, so make of that what you will. :)

Your Current Specs: CPU / RAM (DDR2/DDR3) / Motherboard / GPU: It's a laptop with a Geforce 9300MS, 4GB of Ram, Intel Duo 2GHZ...feel free to mock. W7 Ultimate

Budget: Price Range + Country:My wife wants $400, I want $500-$600. If you could get 400 with what I want I'm fine with it. I'm also willing to go with a system that allows for easy upgrading later on.

Main Use: Light Gaming, Gaming, Emulation (PS2/Wii), Video Editing, 3D work, general usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback):Gaming, General Usage. Maybe some DVD to mobile format video conversion, but its not a key reason to bump up price.

Monitor Resolution: What resolution will you be playing your games at? Are you going to upgrade later?: I'm just going to us my 40in Samsung TV it can do 720p or 1080p and I'm fine with 1280X720 for better FPS. I'm sure I can find a super cheap if I need one later on. So I will need HDMI out. Otherwise don't worry about monitor for cost.

List SPECIFIC games that you MUST be able to play: Self Explanatory Civ 5, Deus Ex, Duke Nukem, Skyrim and Battlefield 3, although those can be medium range as long as its good FPS. I'm used to playing some games with 15-30 so I want good FPS for once. lol I most likely will get Duke for the PS3. Regarding Skyrim and BF3 I would love great graphics, but I'm fine on medium for both at high resolution

Are reusing any parts?: List make and model (e.g. Corsair 520HX 520W): Windows 7 is a student edition I bought so I have no need to pay for an operating system. Maybe I can get 100 to 200 to salvage my old laptop...though I am a bit nuts with insuring no data is transferred so I might just keep it for emergencies.

When will you build?: When do you want your computer, do you need it in a week, can you wait a month or two?: July or August

Will you be overclocking?: Yes, No, Maybe (This means yes)
Maybe, but that's only if I feel good after the building process.

I have never built a computer before so I am really nervous about trying this, but I figure I need to learn at some point. I'd also like to be able to finally upgrade with this unit (I've only gotten prefabs before), so I don't mind starting out a little weaker, but free to build on later.

Thanks!

RS4-

Fuck. At the open box NCIX sale, the guy in front of me took the Samsung BD writer ($30) and the Asus Sabretooth ($120).

I feel scammed. Ended up just walking away with a 2TB drive for $40 and 8GB ripjaws for $50.

This sucks

edit - nm about the BD writer, it was just a normal BD drive with dvd/cd writing capability. They had a 560 Fermi for only $100 lol. Not sure how much the 560TIs were.

MMaRsu

Banned
Some guys is selling this :

Reliable pc with AMD Athlon 2 X3 3.0ghz processor
MSI futureproof motherboard with E-sata and DDR3
4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
1000GB 7200rmp Samsung F3
Sony DVD writer 24x

for 180 euro's....

Should I bite?

mug

MMaRsu said:

4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Sony DVD writer 24x

for 180 euro's....

Should I bite?
Try to get him down to 160. Honestly, it's a pretty good PC that'll run most games on medium after you install a videocard of course. That processor is mid to low end these days however I'm assuming it's an AM3 board that has the ability to upgrade. Oh yeah, there are new AMD boards on the shelves these days with AM3+ sockets - awaiting the new AMD processors that should be arriving sometime this fall.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Fine I won't be lazy

I still have Windows 7 Ultimate that I got for 20 bucks when I was in law school. :) It's not a cost issue :)
Edit: Crap, I misread the quote. Um, trying again!

It would be pretty tough to fit a i3 2100 or Phenom II in there without sacrificing something. I came up with this, but you could probably skimp on a couple things like the case for a better CPU. Tried to go with quality stuff across the board for this though.

nWOov.png

Not going to be great for 3D or video editing, but it would get the job done. You're not in the right price range for a build good in those departments AND gaming.

mug said:
Try to get him down to 160. Honestly, it's a pretty good PC that'll run most games on medium after you install a videocard of course. That processor is mid to low end these days however I'm assuming it's an AM3 board that has the ability to upgrade. Oh yeah, there are new AMD boards on the shelves these days with AM3+ sockets - awaiting the new AMD processors that should be arriving sometime this fall.
facepalm7.jpg

That cpu is fine for games, and it's a 3 core so no bottleneck even in witcher 2.
The only difference with a phenom is the amount of cache.

No, he won't be running 'most games at medium' , that is entirely up to what video card he puts in there.
With a half decent gpu he'll be running everything maxed.

@MMarsu : make sure it has at least a 500 watt psu if you want to put in a decent new midrange GPU.
Is the case included? it doesn't say so, I assume it is? (seriously, check if it doesn't mention it)

If it does I'd say go for it, but yeah 180 is just an ok deal for those parts second hand, depending on the quality of the case.
If it's just some generic case try for a bit less.

SenseiJinx said:
I've got a HDD question.

I installed a new Samsung F4 that I got on sale at Newegg a couple of weeks ago. It seems to be working fine. Just a little bit worried about the noise that it's making. Most of the time it's completely silent -- can barely hear it. But during high access times on the drive, I do hear a sort of light "clicking" or "tapping" almost? It's kind of hard to describe. It's not too loud, or anything. My previous hard drives have never really done that, at least not to this extent.

Any idea why it might be doing that? Should I be concerned? I contacted Samsung about it, and their tech support was absolutely clueless. Wondering if I should return it or just not worry about it. The noise doesn't bother me, as it isn't very loud. But it makes me a little concerned, I guess.

Any ideas on this one?

CaLe

Hey guys,

I just can't seem to get Eyefinity + Crossfire to work.

I have three monitors plugged in one card using DVI + 2 Active Display Port adapters.

This setup worked fine with only one card, but then I recently bought a new system along with a new 6870 to be able crossfire.

Now, whenever I try to toggle Eyefinity on, my screens blink and then stay black. I can't do anything. Sometimes rebooting doesn't do anything and I have to do a system restore to be able to use my monitors again.

Any idea ? This is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Edit:

Cards used: XFX 6870
ATI Driver: 11.5

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Here is my final(?) list:

GPU: MSI N460GTX CYCLONE 1GD5/OC GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

And I'm thinking of going for this case: Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower

I'll buy the monitors later. But overall I think this is it for my list. I'll get Windows 7 and that's it.

Anything you guys have to say before I start ordering?

Thanks for all the help:)

Corky

Switch to 2500k and use the money you save for a better gpu for a more balanced build. With the money saved + stretching your budget a teeeny amout you can go from the now somewhat mid-range gtx 460 to a pretty bitching gtx 570

Ether_Snake said:
Here is my final(?) list:

GPU: MSI N460GTX CYCLONE 1GD5/OC GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

And I'm thinking of going for this case: Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower

I'll buy the monitors later. But overall I think this is it for my list. I'll get Windows 7 and that's it.

Anything you guys have to say before I start ordering?

Thanks for all the help:)

My brother swears by those cases, he's used 3 for various reasons. They're very basic, but they seem to hold up well and aren't ugly in my opinion. I believe they have nice cutouts to route wires behind the mobo. I was definitely considering that case at one point.

Ignore Corky by the way, he's apparently unaware of your usage for the 2600K. No offense meant, Corky.

confused

Banned
MMaRsu said:

4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Sony DVD writer 24x

for 180 euro's....

Should I bite?

Dutch new price :

AMD processor : 90 euros
Motherboard : 80 euros
4GB RAM : 30 euros
HDD : 60 Euros
DVD-R/W : 20 Euros.

If you want to game on it you'll need to swap out the cpu for a quad-core. and Add a GPU.
worth getting for a starting point until upgrading.

Corky

Soka said:
Ignore Corky by the way, he's apparently unaware of your usage for the 2600K. No offense meant, Corky.

None taken, if you're insinuating that he actually needs HT then he is in the ridiculous minority of people seeking advice here and I regret nothing.

Corky said:
None taken, if you're insinuating that he actually needs HT then he is in the ridiculous minority of people seeking advice here and I regret nothing.

Yes, sorry should have specified. He's using it for encoding/processing and that video card he has is already well above what he needed previously. I'm only familiar with this because Ether has mentioned it before I believe. For the other 99% of this board, your advice would be spot on!

Corky

Soka said:
Yes, sorry should have specified. He's using it for encoding/processing and that video card he has is already well above what he needed previously. I'm only familiar with this because Ether has mentioned it before I believe. For the other 99% of this board, your advice would be spot on!

Then all is good and in order :3

<3

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ether_Snake said:
It's $70 now?! I wouldn't recommend that case, especially at that price point.

Edit: I'm blind and missed that you are in Canada. 690 II Advanced isn't as cheap, but the HAF 912 is still a better case for less. I'll admit that the 300 does look better though, but I don't think that's enough of an advantage to pay that much for it.

If you get the 300, get this instead. Comes with extra fans AND is cheaper after rebate (although the rebate is in USD? Is that normal?)
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066&Tpk=antec 300 illusion

evanft said:
I'm about 2 seconds away from pulling the trigger on this. Anyone want to give me a reason not to?

At that price, you're close to the 570. I don't know off hand which is "better" but definitely compare them before you go all in.

mkenyon

Banned
Alright, got all my stuff situated in the 600T from the Storm Scout. Temps are down across the board, especially the 5870s. I must say, everything about this case just screams attention to detail. It even has standoffs pre-installed, one of which is a little bump allowing your mobo to stay in place while you screw it in.

jw4Zp.jpg

U6DXV.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
chaosblade said:
It's $70 now?! I wouldn't recommend that case, especially at that price point.

Edit: I'm blind and missed that you are in Canada. 690 II Advanced isn't as cheap, but the HAF 912 is still a better case for less. I'll admit that the 300 does look better though, but I don't think that's enough of an advantage to pay that much for it.

If you get the 300, get this instead. Comes with extra fans AND is cheaper after rebate (although the rebate is in USD? Is that normal?)
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066&Tpk=antec 300 illusion

Mmm that does look good.

And BTW what is the difference between ASUS P8P67 EVO and PRO? Canadian site doesn't have the PRO, but the EVO is better reviewed.

chaosblade said:
Edit: Crap, I misread the quote. Um, trying again!

It would be pretty tough to fit a i3 2100 or Phenom II in there without sacrificing something. I came up with this, but you could probably skimp on a couple things like the case for a better CPU. Tried to go with quality stuff across the board for this though.

nWOov.png

Not going to be great for 3D or video editing, but it would get the job done. You're not in the right price range for a build good in those departments AND gaming.

Thanks man! For video editing, it's really more of the lite DVD to mobile stuff. I'm planning to get the unit most likely right after I move next month or early August. Do you see anything changing at that point?

Now I have to face the fear I am batshit terrified at the prospect of building the computer and not blowing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom