• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I love Kristen Stewart. Isn't she just adorable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I've never seen a single Twilight movie. I don't know anything about them aside from the fact that there are vampires and werewolves involved but like most, we've all heard about it. I've come across a few rumours and articles mentioning how shy Kristen is, but seeing it is another thing.

Came across this video of her and Oprah.

She is stuttering, playing with her hands, nervous as hell, tongue-tied. It culminates in such awkwardness that Oprah pretty much swings the conversation over to her cast mates. But I was touched. It's surreal seeing a popular, and stunningly beautiful, actress (with a ton of fans) blush and become a nervous wreck in front of a small audience. It is just so fricking cute. She comes across as so "real" in a sense. You know she'd rather be in her room laying back than doing anything else.

I suppose we just build an image of a person, especially celebrities, based on their popularity and looks that at the very least we assume they are comfortable in their own skin in front of an interviewer. Seeing an example of that video above, Kristin isn't a "celebrity" but just an ordinary girl you could spend the evening watching YouTube together on a single chair. Some actors/actresses can play jokers in a film, and then in interviews you find out just how intellectual and humble they are. This girl goes beyond that. She'd walk into a glass door, or accidentally break things and probably go red out of embarrassment. That ability to be, in one sense, X (whoever she plays in the Twilight movies), and be worshipped whereas in reality she'd be the metaphoric peasant girl is attractive. It's just a sign of how you can relate to these people, because let's be honest, celebrities lead a completely different lifestyle to us. It's similar to the feeling you get game developers of big titles browsing GAF and reading our comments. We think that's cool, because there is a connectivity between two different worlds there.

There is hope for us yet, GAF

DMczaf

She is stuttering, playing with her hands, nervous as hell, tongue-tied. It culminates in such awkwardness that Oprah pretty much swings the conversation over to her cast mates. But I was touched.

Sounds like you are into methheads.

besada

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
You know she'd rather be in her room laying back than doing anything else.

Actually, she'd rather be hanging on the stoop smoking weed.
15q9evp.jpg

Also, get a fucking blog.

I find her to be attractive.

However she is a terrible actress and I probably wouldn't watch anything she is in. I also don't give enough shits to watch an interview with her or anything. I'd certainly smash though.

charsace

Frank the Great said:
I find her to be attractive.

However she is a terrible actress and I probably wouldn't watch anything she is in. I also don't give enough shits to watch an interview with her or anything. I'd certainly smash though.
She isn't a bad actress. She has some good performances outside of twilight.

Jay Sosa

DMczaf said:
Sounds like you are into methheads.

Damn, first reply..

Yeah she's high as fuck all the time, and the reason she never smiles is probably that all her teeth already fell out.

Hex

Banned
charsace said:
She isn't a bad actress. She has some good performances outside of twilight.

Could you share some of those?

Jumper-terrible
Into the Wild - terrible
Zathura- terrible
The Messengers- terrible
Panic Room- young and terrible

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
I think it's amazing that a person living with Asperger's syndrome is capable of having a flourishing career as an actress. It's brave of this mildly retarded young woman to be doing what she's doing.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
as long as she doesn't open her mouth. One of the worst actresses I have ever seen, and every time she says a word it makes me want to slap her. But she is fairly good looking.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Oprah, taking on the important issues!

The closest thing Oprah can think of to compare the Twilight actors to from her time is The Beatles...

God I'm sick of Oprah.

Jesus Carbomb said:
I think it's amazing that a person living with Asperger's syndrome is capable of having a flourishing career as an actress. It's brave of this mildly retarded young woman to be doing what she's doing.
:lol
Can't believe oprah compared them to the Beatles.

charsace

Jesus Carbomb said:
Asperger's syndrome does not always lead to retardation.

bud

Trickster said:
Oprah should learn to properly pronounce the name of the movie her guests are in.

"everyone in the audience saw *E-Clips* last niiiight!"

Damn is that even her? Looks way better than all the twilight related pictures of her.

i know, man. she looks way cute in that picture.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
People who hate her, must have never watched Adventureland.

pringles

What that Opra video made me think is "why is that Patterson kid considered good-looking?". He's freaky looking.

bud said:
this is the best she's ever looked:

http://i40.tinypic.com/9bm334.jpg[IMG]

<3[/QUOTE]
Those pics must have been taken after her monthly shower. Also she looks so much better as a blonde.

[QUOTE=Veidt]People who hate her, must have never watched Adventureland.[/QUOTE]
I don't hate her, but I don't think she was all that in Adventureland. Seemed like she played her typical insecure stoner-teen character. It just works better in Adventureland and Into The Wild than in some other movies she's made.

Jetman

Yeah, she's a babe. I despise Twilight, but she is.

Oprah asks Patton how he does his American accent, and I've always kind of wondered how easy it is for the Brits to do that. Seems like there are more British cast in American roles than vice versa. And there's a few actors when they speak outside their roles, and I learn they are British, I'm all "damn, him too?" Hugh Laurie comes to mind. Just doesnt seem like an easy thing to do to just convert accent on the fly. Look at Jackie Chan and Jet Li for proof of that...

Nizz

besada said:
Also, get a fucking blog.
:lol

I think she's a very pretty girl. Caught Twilight once during a free Starz weekend and she seemed fine acting-wise. Couldn't be bothered with the sparkles though...

shuri

Banned
I'm surprise the twilight dude didnt start burping on stage or mentionning how he had not taken a shower in 3 days, just to piss off the fans.

Dead Man

Jetman said:

Oprah asks Patton how he does his American accent, and I've always kind of wondered how easy it is for the Brits to do that. Seems like there are more British cast in American roles than vice versa. And there's a few actors when they speak outside their roles, and I learn they are British, I'm all "damn, him too?" Hugh Laurie comes to mind. Just doesnt seem like an easy thing to do to just convert accent on the fly. Look at Jackie Chan and Jet Li for proof of that...
Of course, English was not their first language...

Hex

Banned
Jetman said:

Um british=english
scottish=english (well other than scotch gaelic but not applicable here)
Irish=english (well other than irish gaelic but again not applicable here)

Chinese=mandarin and cantonese.

Comparing a native brit speaking "american" english to an native asian speaking "american" english is a bit off.

Jetman

Hex said:
Um british=english
scottish=english (well other than scotch gaelic but not applicable here)
Irish=english (well other than irish gaelic but again not applicable here)

Chinese=mandarin and cantonese.

Comparing a native brit speaking "american" english to an native asian speaking "american" english is a bit off.

Yeah, true that. I should have just kept my wonderment to accent, I suppose...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
dIEHARD said:
No. She's weird and always acts like she's high.

Oprah compared them to the Beatles. smh
The Beatles smoked weed too ....

Calcaneus

I see where you're coming from, and she is hot. Her being awkward isn't the coolest thing ever like you're putting it, but it is different I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom