• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want to play Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie again

sappyday

Anyone's with me?

KK_gamer_PC_Screen2.jpg

This game is actually a really good licensed game. The fps elements were solid and the atmosphere felt like I was in the movie, with parts of it even being better than the movie. Having to fight the dinosaurs was some tense shit (the t-rexes made me shit my pants). Plus you had some okay platforming when playing as Kong.

I just got off from watching the movie again and it just sparked my interest in playing it again. Now if only Sony would put it up on PSN.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You only made this thread so you can say Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie #NameYourJunkAfterAGame

It was a decent game. King Kong parts were repetitive and overall the game was really short with no major build up on the mechanics iirc. But it felt really satisfying playing Kong and the human bits were really well done too.

Isotope

When I got that demo disc from OXM, I was floored on how good this game looked.

Turned out the game was decently fun too.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anyone's with me?

I just got off from watching the movie again and it just sparked my interest in playing it again. Now if only Sony would put it up on PSN.
You're not going to get many old licensed games on digital stores.

You know jack black, we truly are Peter Jackson's King Kong: the official game of the movie

I really liked this game on GameCube when I played it

23qwerty

I remember being completely amazed by how good it looked, I'm sure it looks like hot garbage now though.. Why was there a t-rex?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I remember being completely amazed by how good it looked, I'm sure it looks like hot garbage now though.. Why was there a t-rex?
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie Versus Jurassic Park

DogMeat77

congrats to OP... the most pointless thread of the week!

Ah thread whining!

I remember really enjoying this game. The Kong sections were passable but the human portion is where it was really enjoyable. Looking back at screen shots just now, it holds up better than I would have thought. The Brontosaurus part was awesome for me.

TI82

Banned
This, Kameo, and Call of Duty 2 were the first next gen games I saw. I was so stunned. This is the first one I played (at a demo at Circuit City?) It was so awesome!

Never played the actual games, probably wouldn't hold up to the hype.

I'm one of those psychos that puts it in their best games ever lists.

But it isn't unjustified. The tension is supremely palpable in the first person segments and I look at the Kong segments like a very weighty Prince of Persia clone. I dunno, man. Played through it on three different platforms and loved every single minute of each.

Because of this thread, I'll probably do it again. And soon.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Remember those slick '05 shiny textures? Game rocked back then.

Only available on PC if you get the "Gamer's Edition", btw. The regular release was a PS2 port.

I remember I rented this from Blockbuster because I'd heard on the internet that the achievements were super easy to get, and I wanted the gamerscore. And i got them.

Wow, that's where I was.

Aeqvitas

One of the few games in the last 20 years that actually did dinosaurs well.

The game actually looked really good at the 360 launch, was slick with no UI, and was reasonably fun.

Also it is one of the easiest 1000GS you'll ever earn.

Dominator

Really enjoyed this, it was the first game I ever played on my 360. I don't have it anymore but its on a list to re-buy.

Top Bottom