• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IDC: Xbox One X and PS4 Pro to be neck-and-neck this holiday season

Journey

Banned
IDC.. like this IDC?

ProjectedConsoleChart_v1_460x323.gif

Aaand we're done here.

I'm hoping to see the PS4 Pro readily available for 300 dollars during some crazy deals. Hopefully 350 with a game.
That will be a big price difference over whatever MS can offer. Maybe 450 during some crazy deals? 430?

Duxxy3

XB1 would probably be the winner, but that $500 price tag makes it much less attractive. PS4 pro can do 4kish and that's good enough for many people, especially at $100 less. Exclusives also matter.

they really expect the Pro to sell almost 2:1 against the PS4 Slim and the X 3:1 against the S?

Maybe Im way off here, cuz that would be VERY surprising to me

EDIT: taking a deeper look, and the whole thing seems off to what will actually happen. 360 Outselling the S? Switch #3 overall?

Nah, these chaps are crazy
Exactly

Elandyll

Banned
Those estimates are so borked up it's funny.

OG XB1 making half of the XB1 sales, Pro and X doubling the sales of their cheaper siblings...

Just... Lol is all I can say.

Tigress

they really expect the Pro to sell almost 2:1 against the PS4 Slim and the X 3:1 against the S?

Maybe Im way off here, cuz that would be VERY surprising to me

EDIT: taking a deeper look, and the whole thing seems off to what will actually happen. 360 Outselling the S? Switch #3 overall?

Nah, these chaps are crazy

Switch is already looking to be the hot console now. It's now in stock and it seems to consistently outsell the other two. And yet they think it won't be in the running for the top two.

//DEVIL//

unless Sony drop the price of the PS4 Pro to 300$ or at least 350$ with a game ( I don't see that happening) then the xbox one X will destroy the PS4 Pro.

The Pro is a mistake and they should have waited. They were ahead of MS in terms of graphics power with the PS4 Vs Xbox one. now they are giving the advantage to MS like noobs. whoever was in charge of going ahead with the release of the PS4 PRO should be fired.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
unless Sony drop the price of the PS4 Pro to 300$ or at least 350$ with a game ( I don't see that happening) then the xbox one X will destroy the PS4 Pro.

The Pro is a mistake and they should have waited. They were ahead of MS in terms of graphics power with the PS4 Vs Xbox one. now they are giving the advantage to MS like noobs. whoever was in charge of going ahead with the release of the PS4 PRO should be fired.

Is this post serious? My sarcasm detector is faulty at best.

LOL

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Switch is already looking to be the hot console now. It's now in stock and it seems to consistently outsell the other two. And yet they think it won't be in the running for the top two.

I think it's pretty common sense Switch is going to win the holiday. It just has too much insane momentum and insane demand. Plus Mario Odyssey.

I don't see what's going to push new playstations for the holiday season. GT Sport is nice, but it's a very particular simulation for a certain demographic. I don't see Sony slashing prices just to sell more consoles at this juncture, and I don't think PSVR is going to light the holidays on fire.

Gestault

Wait wait wait wait. I went back for another look.

Xbox One (original design) outselling the XB1 S? Are you fucking kidding me?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
PS4 Pro and XB1 X are going to absolutely be a minority of console sales this holiday season

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
If that chart in any way represents the reality, I'll be absolutely gobsmacked. Just the ratio of Pro sales to base PS4 units flies in the face of what we've seen over the last 12 months.

katsais

Hmm, what if the PS4 Pro drops in price? By $50? Now that would be interesting.

Also, I see the regular PS4 just continue to sell like crazy, since the PS4 install base is already large. This is why Microsoft is pushing hard for cross-play, since it would give Xbox players access to the large PS4 install base. Nice try.

Let me get this straight... IDC thinks that the XB1X will outsell the PS4Slim nearly 2:1?

IDC thinks the XB1X will outsell the XB1 more than 2:1?
IDC thinks the PS4Pro will even outsell the PS4Slim this holiday?

Bwaaaahahahahahah!!!!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
X and Pro being neck and neck I can see but the other predictions and the numbers for those consoles are bonkers.

Thanati

This. There is no way that's going to happen. Someone is smoking some good crack here.

Don't forget. There are parents out there who just want to get a console for their kids. Maybe the kids are <10 years old and the 360 is a pretty suitable piece of hardware for them. It'll be much cheaper as well.

kmax

To add to the hilarity that is this article.

The next generation of Microsoft's home console launches Nov. 7 and the company says the upgrade very much keeps the diehard gamer in mind
Diehard gamers already seem convinced that the bump in power is worth the bump in price, with the Xbox One X checking in at a premium $599 price tag.

1kayjt.jpg

TalonJH

I saw this earlier. I have a hard time believing the premium/luxury models will outsell their cheaper base models.

I say that as a Pro owner and soon to be X owner.

cakely

That graph isn't actually supposed to be a ... prediction, is it? Those numbers are not going to hold up well when they meet reality.

I especially like the Xbox 360 outselling the Xbox One S.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
This is actually one of the most off base predictions I've ever seen. Of anything. I'd give someone money to find a WiiU on a store shelf. Look there's just so much wrong it's not even worth dissecting. Just laughing at.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
XB1 would probably be the winner, but that $500 price tag makes it much less attractive. PS4 pro can do 4kish and that's good enough for many people, especially at $100 less. Exclusives also matter.

Exclusives like Forza 7, Cuphead and PUBG?

Exclusives like Forza 7, Cuphead and PUBG?

Driving games aren't popular in the US.

And regardless of how high quality Cuphead is, most mainstream gamers won't buy an entire console for a smaller indie game.

PUBG on the other hand could be a system seller. It does depend on visibility of smash hit titles in the PC space with casual console gamers. I'm interested to see how PUBG on Xbox will do.

Top Bottom