• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could experience one same for the first time again, which would you choose?

Amory

Jul 10, 2008
Connecticut
TES: Oblivion

That game, man. I bought it completely blind at gamestop when I went to pick up my copy of Halo 3 on launch day. I had no idea what it was.

I played halo for a couple hours when I got home from the store, then decided to try out Oblivion. I think the next time the Oblivion disc left my Xbox was to start Fallout 3 a year later. I never went back to Halo.

CRUNT

Sep 21, 2006
EverQuest

It would require everyone else along with me to be experiencing it for the first time and being as hyped as it was back then.

Feb 18, 2019
There are games I'd enjoy from a fresh start for sure, but first one that came to my mind is MGSV
Aside from the plot, one of the biggest disappointings in my gamer life, that gameplay...Jesus

A dual shock orgasm

Feb 18, 2019
I'd have to go with MGS1(i played that demo like 500 times then beat the game at least 7 or 8), OOT, Resident Evil, Halo, chaos theory, or SWG
All of these too, with Dino Crisis 1-2

I'll never forget when I discovered OOT, and I hated Zelda before, incredible experience

Old Retro

Dec 17, 2019
As mentioned before, Mario 64. Picked it up with the day 1 launch N64 console. Truely a quantum leap between any previous generations.

A recent game would be Nier Automata. A groundbreaking masterpiece!

ShinNL

May 2, 2006
There are multiple, but to list something original:

Ori and the Blind Forest. I repurchased the game for the Switch, but it didn't have the same magic as the first time I played it on PC (where it was my GOTY). It definitely has a much stronger impact on first play through (even though I didn't got that far on PC, that's why I bought it on Switch so I would finish it).

Interestingly, I realized most of the games I play gets better with time, so most of them I actually do not want to re-experience from the beginning, like Monster Hunter, Skyrim, Diablo, Warframe, League of Legends, Street Fighter, heck, even Animal Crossing. I should call them fine-wine games from now on.

Last edited: