• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: GTA Chinatown Wars Hands On

Are there any more gameplay movies yet? I would think with launch just a few weeks away we would be seeing much more by now.

While I'm not a fan of the GTA series (enjoy Mercenaries much more), this does look like it could be something special on the DS.

1235624754110.jpg

1235624732961.jpg

1235624763145.jpg

1235624779006.jpg

1235624795023.jpg

1235624821915.jpg

1235624836867.jpg

1235624858836.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Game looks gorgeous to me. I’m so excited for this. I’m a huge fan of GTA2 and despite the fun found in the 3D GTAs I’ve always felt something missing.

Bring in CW.

Ramenman

The bits we see in the commercial look really really good.

Don't know how it will handle though.

What do we know about the multiplayer yet ?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Pics look good, hopefully it'll be the first game I play on my dsi

My old ds lite got stolen

edit---that hot wiring mini game shit looks nice

Don

The gameplay footage looks a lot better than what I was expecting. Have they said anything about what the soundtrack will be like?

bengraven

When I heard Rockstar say they would never make another 2-D style GTA I was excited. I liked the first games but after playing GTAIII I can never go back.

Then again, they didn't expect the success that the DS or iPhone had (yes, you know they're making an iPhone version, they have to be).

(please don't tell me this 2.5D or whatever, because GTA 1 and 2 were also 2.5D technically)

bengraven said:
When I heard Rockstar say they would never make another 2-D style GTA I was excited. I liked the first games but after playing GTAIII I can never go back.

Then again, they didn't expect the success that the DS or iPhone had (yes, you know they're making an iPhone version, they have to be).

(please don't tell me this 2.5D or whatever, because GTA 1 and 2 were also 2.5D technically)

...it's 3D with a rotating camera and everything. It's just more of a top down perspective than the console versions.

Duxxy3

Was interested when i first heard it announced, excited when the first pictures were show and now it's a must buy for me after seeing it in motion and readin the previews.

GDGF

Soothsayer
jrricky said:
okay that looks very creative. have it preordered and ready to go anyways.:D

I'm digging that. This is the kind of stuff I thought about when the DS was first announced!

Yep, I have to say I'm not really a GTA fan and will probably not buy Chinatown Wars, but it's really outstanding what they achieved on the DS.

I seem to recall the Edge preview hinting that this is a considerable step-up in terms of quality from the PSP GTAs. I'm quite looking forward to it.

Tobor

I just watched it again, this is a really impressive effort.

The vehicle physics and nice little graphical touches are just great.

Top Bottom