• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Ranks Every Halo Map

Gowans

#36 - Sanctuary
#37 - Turf
#38 - Longest
#39 - Rat's Nest
#40 - Adrift
#41 - Ravine
#42 - Construct
#43 - Containment
#44 - Timberland
#45 - Wizard
#46 - Boneyard
#47 - Death Island
#48 - Danger Canyon
#49 - Longshore
#50 - Terminal
#51 - Relic
#52 - Desolation
#53 - Citadel
#54 - Last Resort
#55 - Foundation
#56 - Longbow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrwlM3_W5ns
#57 - Avalanche
#58 - Wreckage
#59 - Countdown
#60 - Foundry
#61 - Standoff
#62 - Solace
#63 - Forge World: The Cage
#64 - Meltdown
#65 - Ghost Town
#66 - Isolation
#67 - Chill Out
#68 - Assembly
#69 - Blackout
#70 - Spire
#71 - Erosion
#72 - Harvest
#73 - Gephyrophobia
#74 - Uplift
#75 - Reflection
#76 - Forge World: Pinnacle
#77 - Forge World: Asylum
#78 - Heretic
#79 - Epitaph
#80 - Sword Base - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90G8jog3mpw
#81 - Vortex
#82 - Backwash
#83 - Derelict
#84 - Ice Fields
#85 - Orbital
#86 - Skyline
#87 - Boarding Action
#88 - Tombstone
#89 - Cold Storage
#90 - Sandbox
#91 - Gemini
#92 - Daybreak
#93 - Landfall
#94 - Vertigo
#95 - Pitfall
#96 - Tempest
#97 - Anchor 9
#98 - Breakpoint
#99 - Shatter
#100 - Damnation
#101 - Rat Race
#102 - Outcast
#103 - Perdition
#104 - Monolith
#105 - Impact
#106 - Highlands
#107 - Zealot
#108 - Condemned
#109 - Chiron TL-34
#110 - District - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCCI8kdm2-A

Source: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/03/ranking-every-halo-map-ever-made-110-86
[Images, Descriptions, Game]

Slixshot

Banned
I do not approve of how low a lot of these reach maps are. Although, I think I am in the minority when I say that Reach was my favorite multiplayer.

JLeack

Banned
I'm new to Halo. I spent like 2 hours going through every map and sort of imagining how they were in their prime. It was a cool experience. I can't wait to play with you guys.

TheXbox

Zealot at 107 and no Backwash to be seen in the dregs of this list. Awful, seriously just awful. Don't trust a word out of IGN regarding Halo anyway, I'm pretty sure Ryan McCaffrey has only ever played Halo 2 and that for a span of ten minutes.

Jawmuncher

The Top Ten are all going to be from Halo 2 and Halo 1.
Don't think anything form Halo 3,4, or Reach have ever managed to come close to those.

A lot of Halo 4 and Halo Reach in the bottom of the list... something tells me it should be called "Ranking Nostalgia" of Halo 4 maps.

It's not even nostalgia if you ask me.
Reach and 4 maps really felt like a step down in terms of layout.
I would argue even 3 for the most part as well.

The Top Ten are all going to be from Halo 2 and Halo 1.

Don't think anything form Halo 3,4, or Reach have ever managed to come close to those.

I'm sure The Pit and Narrows will be ranked highly despite not really being great maps, but just being better than the other maps in Halo 3.

Reach's maps are a fucking joke.

Haven from Halo 4 was actually pretty damn great (symmetrical maps are always better when they're circular...who the fuck would've thought?).

Halo 1/2 guys: "Yeah, this sucked ass. Just trash. Sorry everybody."

Halo 4 guys: "This was a great map! We really nailed that shit son. Lot of variety, lot of ups, lot of downs."

Apath

I'm sure The Pit and Narrows will be ranked highly despite not really being great maps, but just being better than the other maps in Halo 3.

Haven from Halo 4 was actually pretty damn great (symmetrical maps are always better when they're circular...who the fuck would've thought?).
Swordbase is pretty great.

The Pit better be in the top 5.

I always hated The Pit. Box symmetrical maps have no flow to them and the giant wall in the middle makes both sides feel very isolated.

As far as symmetrical 4v4 maps goes, I don't think The Pit is even fit to lick the boots of Midship, Warlock, and Sanc.

TheXbox

Halo 1/2 guys: "Yeah, this sucked ass. Just trash. Sorry everybody."

Halo 4 guys: "This was a great map! We really nailed that shit son. Lot of variety, lot of ups, lot of downs."
Laughed so hard that Pearson thought Shatter would be among the upper echelons of Halo 4 maps... and it's still near the bottom of this list. (Shatter sucks btw)

D3VI0US

Icefields #1! Blood Gulch, Hangem, and Lockout are my next 3 in no particular order but I think this list really depends on what gametypes you like. Also there are plenty of Forge maps that were better than a lot of the maps on that list, Reach had some particularly good ones.

Jawmuncher

Halo 3 had Guardian and the Pit m8

Guardian always felt like poor mans lockout to me.
The Pit I might give you...maybe.

I can agree to narrows being a pretty good map in Halo 3.
Haven definitely was the standout for Halo 3.

Oddball Swordbase for top 10

s

Pudge

Damnation being anywhere but the top 15 would already be absurd, but that low on the list? Yeesh.

Exactly what I thought when I read this list. I love Gemini, and it also doesn't deserve it's spot this low on the list, but Gemini is not better than Damnation.

Seems to be a lot of Halo Reach haters compiling the list as well. I don't even know why they're going to be on here since the list really should be "Top Maps in Halo:MCC" And I wouldn't even know where to begin ranking the Halo 4 DLC maps considering that they were only playable online for a couple of months. I don't know if I've ever played on any of them.

I know it's just opinions, but man. The opinions are wrong.

Dirtbag

Midship
Lockout
Valhalla
Sanctuary

would round out my top maps. Not sure how I could possibly order those 4 though.

Top Bottom