• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg Asked to Write Uncharted Film. WUT

Well part of the deal is to accept that it's modern Indiana Jones. It would be highly evocative of the kinds of adventures he went on, but I don't see the problem if it's well done. We could use more good Indiana Jones these days...

DBT85

Maybe like twelve years ago. Fillion is too old and out of shape now.

The age comment I can kind of get, however what age would Drake be being portrayed as in a film? Fillion is only 42. Ford was 40 during Temple of Doom and 47 during last crusade. I can entirely believe a character such as drake would still be out adventuring at that kind of age, if he hadn't already fallen to his death in a chasm while swinging from ledges or been killed by mythical beasts or something.

As for the fitness, hes an actor. He wouldn't be the first to drop a bit of weight for a role when needed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well part of the deal is to accept that it's modern Indiana Jones. It would be highly evocative of the kinds of adventures he went on, but I don't see the problem if it's well done. We could use more good Indiana Jones these days...

The Tintin film filled the void nicely and I expect the same of the upcoming sequel.

J-Man

I love their movies but I don't think I want them writing Uncharted. Their comedic sensibilities are very different from the humor in Uncharted games.

I should clarify that my earlier hate for their comic style is just in the context of an Uncharted movie. I did enjoy Superbad (and still want to see Goon), but I have disliked a lot of their stuff as well (Pineapple Express).

I didn't like what I saw of The Green Hornet, though, and that is the closest thing they have done to Uncharted.

tha_devil

I really think they should go all digital like TinTin. That way the characters would look like the game and can be cast with the original voice actors.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Seth Rogen should play Drake. He'd be great.

I'd watch that

Are you freaking NUTS??

Whatever you want to say about Rogen, I do not think he would be suited to write, produce, direct, act in, or be anywhere near Uncharted movie. Such a movie would need a different style.

(I also hate Serh Rogen in like 60-70% of stuff he's in and think he should go away)

Chris Evans should play Drake.

ChrisEvansPush1.JPG.jpeg

This would actually be awesome....

They'd make James Franco as drake and Danny mcbride as Sully......

Obviously you'd have to get Jennifer Aniston to play the chick....but if not her, then Anna kendrick

That so works for me!

Anybody claiming the duo lack range likely haven't seen 50/50. They're a seriously talented pair, and I honestly think they could make a solid Uncharted flick. The fact they've declined it so many times is proof that they're passionate about the source material.

charsace

These idiots turned down David O'Russell. They had a chance to have a great movie attached to the Uncharted name. Now they are chasing after these guys.

charsace

James Franco or Tatum are the guys most likely to play Drake if the script is any good and the movie has a good budget.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Nathan Fillion would be a perfect Drake

10 years ago? Sure.

Anyways...

They point out the really key issue with Uncharted, and really, alot of videogame movies. Games like Uncharted or Prince of Persia take such huge inspiration from film, or specific archetypal genres of film, and that works well for them. But to then make a movie OF those games which were largely imitations of film to begin with... well then you just have another derivative genre picture that has no reason for anyone to care about it. Nothing it brings to the table will be unique enough to justify itself.

Jarmel

Banned
Well since we don't have a time machine and can't get a younger Fillion, I think Bradley Cooper would have been a great fit.

You need someone with a lot of charisma.

I mean, I like most of the movies Seth Rogen has had a hand in writing, but... really? Seth Rogen is the ideal writer of one of the most acclaimed video game stories of all time? That doesn't make me want to fucking play Uncharted. Playing Tomb Raider and hearing about how similar it was to Uncharted made me want to try out Uncharted.

Just fucking stupid. I honestly feel like, narrative-wise, this whole industry just deserves to blow up in a ball of flames. Even more arrested development than the movie industry in what the primary patrons think good narrative and good writing is. Go read some fucking books.

sappyday

Joss Whedon should write, direct and cast

Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake

fillion.jpg

and Bruce Campbell as Sully

bruce112608.jpg

Do people think Nathan Fillion still looks the same as he did in Firefly?

Chris Evans is actually a good choice in terms of appearance.

Jonboy

If Fillion really wanted to do it, he could easily get in "Nathan Drake" shape. Drake isn't some ripped body-builder anyway. Heck, Hugh Jackman is 44 and look at the shape he gets in for roles like Wolverine.

Look at Harrison Ford and how old he was shooting all the Star Wars movies, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, etc...

Has there been a game writer ever write a movie script? Why is the problem of having the writers of all 3 uncharted games to come up together and write the script for the movie?

zugzug

ugh at all of you recasting all the mainstream actors in the role of drake, no way Channing Tatum no way Chris Evans no way Mark Walhberg they are too Hollywood and would not slow down to understand who the character is or his mannerisms they would simply be themselves named as Nathan Drake. GAF you people disappoint me.

Nathan Fillion could do the role still and would do it right. We'd hear stories of how he spent 9 months with a fitness trainer and became an Adonis again.

How about someone like Matt Smith since he is newly free of his TV role, beyond him looking to slim. Imagine if we got a good director that put him thru the paces and made it a really tough physical stunt movie. The physical fights would be tough to believe with him so skinny but imagine the lithe smoothe action scenes he could pull off jumping around off cliff faces and such. The death defying jumps across large gorges would be great with Matt Smith. Imagine how great it would broaden his range putting a gun in his hand and making him tough as nuts with a resilence to defeat any obstacle.

Much better than all these other mainstream names you guys repeat over.

Just because an actor is "mainstream" doesn't make them less credible for a role. Is Nathan Drake some kind of coveted, holy role that the likes of someone like Chris Evans shouldn't dare play?

Top Bottom