• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's Peer Schneider: "the NX is a complete reboot for Nintendo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then they remember the fun times they had playing Bayonetta 2, MK8, Smash 4 etc and think "thats why".

Yep. Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country; TF, Mario 3D world, NSMBWiiU, Lego City Undercover, Nintendoland, Zelda WW HD, Captain Toad, Splatoon,Yoshi's Woolly World, etc.

My son, my girlfriend and i know exactly why the new Nintendo machine is a day one purchase.

Amazing games.

I have to admit it's not my only console though. Also had a great deal of fun on the PS4.
Totally different games.

NX

N X

NDA

N DA X

NDAX

Clearly the final name will be the Nintendo Double Awesome Xtreme!

Non Disclosure Agreement Xtreme - when you buy the NX, you're contractually obliged not to tell anyone or comment on your possession of the system.

That's why there's no news - I've got an NX, it's been released, I'm just not allowed to tell you. OH SHIT.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
nintendo supported the wii u long after it made sense financially. that they are throwing first-party games onto the machine in 2016 is a little surprising when they could have gone full-force with the 3ds in 2014 and bolstered their handheld brand leading into nx. the saturn, dreamcast, and ps vita didn't make it this far with first-party support.
We're even getting the Wii U's biggest game to date in 2017. Nintendo easily could have cancelled Zelda and made it NX exclusive. Nintendo have supported Wii U far more than they needed to.

marmoka

Banned
Something that bugs me about the silence from Nintendo is how bad they treat current Nintendo fans. They are sitting at home, looking at their dusty failure of a wiiu, wondering why Nintendo abandoned them.

Why would they put their trust in Nintendo products again after that?

LOL

I have a Wii U, and a PS4. My PS4 is in my house, to play with it on weekdays. My Wii U is in my mother's house, to play with it on weekends when I visit her. So you may say, that I play a lot more with my PS4, for obvious reasons. Well you are wrong, believe it or not, I play more with my Wii U than with my PS4.

"(...) sitting at home, looking at their dusty failure of a wiiu (...)" ... My PS4 has more dust. And thank god I didn't buy a Vita, because knowing how Sony abandoned it, I would probably have it under 100 caps of dust.

Lutherian

Captain Falcon 2d scroller incoming.

F-Zero: Ather F.
In this game, we follow Captain Falcon in a MGS style game where Falcon makes sure to disable all of his moves so he won't hurt innocent people. Falcon needs to track down a terrorist organisation who threatnen the entire galaxy.

To regain his powers, he need the autorisation of Bio Rex, only when he asks Falcom "Show me your moves !".

Monumma

How is PC market "far larger" than home consoles? There's very few big AAA titles being made exclusively for PC right now - outside form indies and KS projects, and many are ported to consoles - most of former PC devs migrated or started developing for home consoles, and PC versions from big AAA third-parties, despite having better graphics and customization, doesn't sell anywhere close to their console counterpart. You live in a fantasy world if you believe otherwise.

If you think that big AAA third-parties aren't crucial to any home console support nowadays and that the west isn't the reference for modern development, who is then? Japanese devs? Indie devs? Mobile devs? Please...

I told and explained on my previous post on why third-parties wouldn't support an underperforming hardware, but you seems to jump into conclusion that third-parties aren't going to support Nintendo whatever they do. That's silly. If Nintendo manages to make something with the necessary requisites from big third-parites to create an ecosystem and sell their games, they will support it. There's no such thing as "grudge" in the gaming industry, as your argument is probably leading to.

I said nothing about a mythical grudge. Demographics and the lack of ROI (and the bloody massive consolidation of the aaa industry to mostly games about killing, stabbing, shooting, driving and kicking balls for almost exclusively young men) are primary reasons why you will not see the third party support you want on a Nintendo device. Ever. Unless they change their name to microny and become an entirely different company.

And I'm not sure why anyone would think that the aaa scene is the measure of any market. There are probably more people playing LOL on PC right now as I type this than there are sold consoles combined this entire generation thus far. That's without even looking at the various success stories of a million other titles on steam. There are likely more titles being released on steam this week than there are your famed aaa console games being released for the rest of the year. There are more developers leaving the aaa industry this month (or being let go by Sony lol) for the less green pastures of mobile because there are so many more people playing mobile games than console games it's comical. Or, why A mario runner is being made by a company that resisted it for the better part of a decade.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I don't understand why that thread was closed. That was, like, direct confirmation that the NX is indeed a hybrid. That warrants discussion. Well I guess this thread will do.

HOLY SHIT YAY HYBRID CONFIRMED!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
“The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device,” said Mr. Ishihara.

Yes, this was the actual news in that thread. Good to see the hybrid confirmed.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hybrid confirmed. SuperMetalDave am cry.

sphinx

the piano man
I don't understand why that thread was closed. That was, like, direct confirmation that the NX is indeed a hybrid. That warrants discussion. Well I guess this thread will do.

I agree, that's still big news.

Yes, this was the actual news in that thread. Good to see the hybrid confirmed.

agreed

that was a weird reaction to a thread that had a small but important bit of info.

anyone knows why it was closed?

Yeah, one of the first threads where we're actually getting some official confirmation of what it is and it gets closed lol. Happy with it being a hybrid. Play it on the couch when someone else is using the tv, dock it and play some couch multiplayer with other people. That combined with all the games focused on one platform sounds good.

Now that even Pokemon CEO speaks out.....Im F5ing Nintendos twitter accounts for the direct announcement :-D

Prepare the servers for the NX reveal folks
somewhere from tomorrow to end of october!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
agreed

that was a weird reaction to a thread that had a small but important bit of info.

anyone knows why it was closed?

My guess is because it wasn't really news. Of course there would be Pokemon games for NX. Somebody does need to start a thread with that quote, though. That's actual news.

With all due respect, but why was the thread locked that gave more evidence towards the hybrid speculation via the WSJ article?! Seems like a bad call there because we still no nothing officially even though only a small vocal minority surrounding SMD and HNF is still refusing to accept a hybrid being the most likely outcome.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
We can close this one if you want another thread for "someone says something about the NX", sure.

To be fair, an information from the CEO of Pokemon about NX beats any podcast. Even if the information is just a hint, but it confirmed the concept described in the existing rumours. I guess it was better if that info was in the thread title than the one about making games for NX.

Plinko

Franz Brötchen;217482125 said:
With all due respect, but why was the thread locked that gave more evidence towards the hybrid speculation via the WSJ article?! Seems like a bad call there because we still no nothing officially even though only a small vocal minority surrounding SMD and HNF is still refusing to accept a hybrid being the most likely outcome.

Because it was more "Dev says this." It wasn't really news in the title. The hybrid thing being the title probably would have been a better idea.

thefro

To be fair, an information from the CEO of Pokemon about NX beats any podcast. Be it the information just a hint, but it confirmed the concept described in the existing rumours. I guess it was better if that info was in the thread title than the one about making games for NX.

Yeah, it's certainly more newsworthy than the information in this thread.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Good to hear more evidence being placed into the hybrid corner. It also makes me wonder about that one article a few weeks back talking about how there would be a Pokemon game in the first 6 months of the NX launch.

Oersted

I refuse to call it a hybrid until I see a handheld bang a console.

A hybrid console, like the PS4/Xbone thingie someone built, is something that plays games from different sources. This is as much as a hybrid as a Vita with HdMi would be. Its a new concept, simple as that.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Good to hear more evidence being placed into the hybrid corner. It also makes me wonder about that one article a few weeks back talking about how there would be a Pokemon game in the first 6 months of the NX launch.
If NX gets a Pokemon that early it's just an enhanced 3DS port.

duckroll

To be fair, an information from the CEO of Pokemon about NX beats any podcast. Even if the information is just a hint, but it confirmed the concept described in the existing rumours. I guess it was better if that info was in the thread title than the one about making games for NX.

Never said it wasn't. Just saying that this thread will be closed if there's a new "dude says something about NX" thread, since there's no point having both.

So do I just make a new thread with the second quote or... ?

I dunno, do you want me to just unlock it and rename the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom