• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm disappointed in MS this year and I'm getting a PS5.... I hope.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Despite how many troll posts I make on this board, this is genuine and I felt I had to air it out simply because I can't help but speak my goddamn mind on this. Frankly as I'm typing it I feel like this is a stupid idea seeing as how everyone would call me a hypocrite for everything I said in the past.

With how pathetic the first party output this year has been (almost immediately after having a great 2021) I don't think I can deny that Xboxs software output is god damn dismal this year. Frankly I'd probably do a better job. Everything else has been excellent but God damn, games have been pathetic.

Like, putting all of this aside, let's listen to the Xbox fanboys here for a moment and humor them. 2023 is the year of Xbox and by some miracle everything rumored in the pipeline came out. Xbox has its most profitable year in history and fans are happy. These games were announced around 2017/18. For a year like that to happen again we'd have to wait 6 years until 2029. Xbox would basically be relying on this strategy of little/no games for half a decade, then a sudden blowout of quality content. Thats a fucking terrible strategy and its all because of MS pathetic management, wanting studios to make games but not really holding them accountable for it or having them put in the fucking work to get them out on time reasonably.

Frankly, I can't really see myself being a green rat anymore when we're this starved for new content. You know what I think? I'm getting a God damn Playstation and I'm going to enjoy it. Hopefully. I don't have a lot of cash at the moment. I say I'm not that interested in Playstation exclusives and that I hate them, but when the competition is this dry I can't help but feel the grass is greener on the other side. Besides... I can't knock it until I've tried it. The spiderman pc port was kind of fun despite me saying I wasn't interested in it. Fuck this fanboy shit, until MS gets their shit together I'm going towards greener pastures. Those pastures being Valve and Sony. As my good friend TintoConCasera TintoConCasera said...
Imagine missing on cool videogames. Not me, I don't wanna miss a thing.
Anyways uhhh.... anyone know where in the HELL I can get one?????

Edit: i have a PC, switch, and Xbox series S so i can't really sell it for much

Last edited:
I feel the opposite. Always had PlayStations but I have next to zero interest in PlayStation games so far this generation. I have a PC so I can play all the Xbox exclusives that interest me. If I didn't have a PC then I'd have bought a Series X by now.

I might get a PS5 later next year but so far I'd only be buying it for ONE game (VII Rebirth) and that's if my PC can't run it. I'm sure it will come to PC. I'm still waiting on a real good reason to get a PS5. I'm very disappointed in Sony this generation so far.

Last edited:

elliot5

You don't have much cash so you will be buying a $500 (or more) console with $70 games and $70 controllers rather than playing what comes to game pass and the 2023 releases lol. makes sense.

PS5s aren't very hard to get

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Been a PlayStation gamer for a number of years Xbox’s concerns are thoughtful experiences and they lost the tradition of gaming because of the desire to battle Sony for blue ray and battle Nintendo for toys and gimmicks and motion and battle Hollywood and tvs with apps.

if someone were desperate for one and preordered one they'd have got one no problem. i had one preordered and decided to cancel it. even if you didn't manage to pre order one there have been lots of opportunities to get your hands on a PS5 in the last 2 years. if you can't get one by now it's through your lack of trying.

Markio128

rats swarm GIF

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Despite how many troll posts I make on this board, this is genuine and I felt I had to air it out simply because I can't help but speak my goddamn mind on this. Frankly as I'm typing it I feel like this is a stupid idea seeing as how everyone would call me a hypocrite for everything I said in the past.

With how pathetic the first party output this year has been (almost immediately after having a great 2021) I don't think I can deny that Xboxs software output is god damn dismal this year. Frankly I'd probably do a better job. Everything else has been excellent but God damn, games have been pathetic.

Like, putting all of this aside, let's listen to the Xbox fanboys here for a moment and humor them. 2023 is the year of Xbox and by some miracle everything rumored in the pipeline came out. Xbox has its most profitable year in history and fans are happy. These games were announced around 2017/18. For a year like that to happen again we'd have to wait 6 years until 2029. Xbox would basically be relying on this strategy of little/no games for half a decade, then a sudden blowout of quality content. Thats a fucking terrible strategy and its all because of MS pathetic management, wanting studios to make games but not really holding them accountable for it or having them put in the fucking work to get them out on time reasonably.

Frankly, I can't really see myself being a green rat anymore when we're this starved for new content. You know what I think? I'm getting a God damn Playstation and I'm going to enjoy it. Hopefully. I don't have a lot of cash at the moment. I say I'm not that interested in Playstation exclusives and that I hate them, but when the competition is this dry I can't help but feel the grass is greener on the other side. Besides... I can't knock it until I've tried it. The spiderman pc port was kind of fun despite me saying I wasn't interested in it. Fuck this fanboy shit, until MS gets their shit together I'm going towards greener pastures. Those pastures being Valve and Sony. As my good friend TintoConCasera TintoConCasera said...

I'm a green rat and I completely agree with you....2022 has been absolutely dismal for Xbox. If 2023 isn't amazing then xbox are truly a waste of space.

I would like to think that they have a clear road map for 2022/23/24 etc but overall op you are right, 2022 has been a joke from team green.

You should get a ps5, it's a great console with great games and good performance.

Come on over, to the Playstation side. You'll have a lot of games to play. Especially if you didn't have a Ps4.

All love over on this side.
But what if I did have a PS4?

You can forget about GT7, Horizon Forbidden West, and God Of War which are the 3 major/must play Playstation exclusives. Don't tell me I should buy a PS5 to play Astro, Returnal, Demons Souls, or Ratchet and Clank lol.

Robb

Gold Member
Same, software from MS this year has been pretty much nonexistent..

On the bright side next year is bound to be pretty amazing with StarField, RedFall and GhostWire being locked in and the possibility of Forza and Hellblade 2, among others.

onesvenus

It was my worst decision this year. I didn't finish horizon because I didn't like it. I bought Stray only because it was being hyped here so much. It has been getting dust most of the year

one of us GIF

anthony2690

Banned
This is a pretty embarrassing post and how much it seems you have taken this to heart.

It also feels like an apology, I do agree Xbox has had a really subpar year in terms off first party exclusives though, I think it's only grounded and pentiment this year right?

2022 was looking like an insane year for Xbox and game pass intially, but it has been absolutely skewered by all the delays sadly.

Redfall, Darktide 40k, Starfield, Atomic Heart, Stalker 2 and more have all sadly been delayed out of this year.

Thankfully though, Game pass has justified itself this year with upcoming stuff like High on Life, GunGrave, Plague Tale, Persona 5 Royal and other titles I've played earlier in the year like Tunic, TMNT, Sniper Elite 5 etc

On the plus side though, despite all the delays there has been a lot off great third party titles still coming out this year, and it's given me time to revisit titles I never finished or played prior like killer is dead and maybe binary domain next & if I have time maybe I should give Max Payne 3 another try :)

Anyway if you get a ps5, I hope you enjoy God of War Ragnarok later in the year, it looks great :)

& Make sure you play Astros Playroom it's incredible & my personal fave ps5 experience that I had :)

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
For me, my main source of games has almost always been the PC, as 90% of new games get released there and you also get infinite backlog with the thousands of old games available. Plus emulation, if you are into that. In my case I haven't been bored in years and don't know shit about the "gaming drought".

That said, if I didn't and couldn't have a PC... I'll probably get a PS5 over an Xbox any day of the week. You have Returnal which seems like a pretty good game, plus the Judgement series which I'm sure is fun as hell. There's also God of War coming out, and with PS4's backcompat you could be served for years, unless you have already played those games.

I don't want to shit on MS's side, but imo they are doing quite bad lately: almost no releases, and a lot of stuff stuck in CGI trailer land. But... You might miss future games by id Software and Bethesda.

But the thing is... you already have an Xbox, so you already have access to multiplats. If I were you I'd consider if those games that are only available on the PS5 are worth the entry price for you.

Wish you the best my fren, may the future bring you cool videogames and a lot of fun.

Roxkis_ii

You can forget about GT7, Horizon Forbidden West, and God Of War which are the 3 major/must play Playstation exclusives. Don't tell me I should buy a PS5 to play Astro, Returnal, Demons Souls, or Ratchet and Clank lol.
Returnal was the first game I bought on ps5, and if I had played at a friend's house before hand, it would have been the main reason I bought one.

Demon souls and Ratchet are damn good games. If you can see their value, that on you.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Its not been good for either for me, forbidden west is not for me and TLOU remake is nothing more then some nice eye candy for me.
Ragnarok could be good, but aside from the story Im not to enthusiastic about playing a game like GOW2018 again. However ive been really enjoying my PS5 by olaying old games like UC4,TLOU2, Returnal and rift apart

On the xbox side, i have a pretty good time trying out games I would not usually play, ive been having some fun with cooking simulator and guardians of the galaxy. But its been disappointed there there is nothing on there which is really current gen.

Last edited:

legacy24

yeah this year has been pathetic they can't even get some big 3rd party games to fill the gap anymore just take a look of how garbage this months gamepass catalog were. it sucks because I really do enjoy the console but I'm sick of playing old games on it all the time.

Last edited:

than stay on your ps4 if your happy with it still. you can buy a ps5 later. not only will it have more games, it will be cheaper.

GHG

You don't have much cash so you will be buying a $500 (or more) console with $70 games and $70 controllers rather than playing what comes to game pass and the 2023 releases lol. makes sense.

Always Be Closing Alec Baldwin GIF
Sell Salesman GIF by Ryan Serhant

yeah this year has been pathetic they can't even get some big 3rd party games to fill the game anymore just take a look of how garbage this months gamepass catalog were. it sucks because I really do enjoy the console but I'm sick of playing old games on it all the time.

it feels like microsoft have restricted themselves since the activision buy out. since than there havent been any major gamepass drops. no big 3rd party stuff or anything. i guess they cant just spend and spend forever.

Ozriel

M$FT

I...cannot see the logic behind this.

You're saying all 23+ MS studios will conspire to release games next year, and then will not be able to release games again until 6 years down the line?

Not sure why you needed to get mad to buy a PS5 anyway...it's an excellent console and you're shortchanging yourself if you haven't played PlayStation games for a long time.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I made a thread a few months back about an easy, albeit EXPENSIVE way to get a PS5 and I was roundly mocked for it. lol

I hope it works out for you OP, or at the very least, you find something to pass the time while you save for a new console.

Godspeed!

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
if someone were desperate for one and preordered one they'd have got one no problem. i had one preordered and decided to cancel it. even if you didn't manage to pre order one there have been lots of opportunities to get your hands on a PS5 in the last 2 years. if you can't get one by now it's through your lack of trying.
This wasn't true until recent. I know because I and others tried for months to get a PS5 with no luck and that's with retailers and PS Direct

$70 games they can wait to get on sale if they want, but why does that matter when some of the same people complaining about $70 games at launch, buy $50 Nintendo games several years after they launch, buy $200 premium controllers, and Starbucks every day of the week? Suddenly $70 games is too much?

They're still quite supply-constrained given the demand, but supply has gotten better the past couple of months. They could be doing better, but even with what they have now they're the top-selling system in UK for the year and a similar thing could happen in the NA market depending on supply.

Moses85

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I feel the opposite. Always had PlayStations but I have next to zero interest in PlayStation games so far this generation. I have a PC so I can play all the Xbox exclusives that interest me. If I didn't have a PC then I'd have bought a Series X by now.

I might get a PS5 later next year but so far I'd only be buying it for ONE game (VII Rebirth) and that's if my PC can't run it. I'm sure it will come to PC. I'm still waiting on a real good reason to get a PS5. I'm very disappointed in Sony this generation so far.
How do you feel about Microsoft?

MacReady13

Firstly, according to some on here. PS5's are real easy to come by now so you should have no issues picking one up.
Secondly, Game Pass with it's 200 free awesome games wasn't enough to keep you gaming on the Xbox?

Sarcasm aside, welcome to PS5 club (soon hopefully)! Contrary to popular belief, there are some ripper games on PS5. Returnal is amazing, as is Ratchet and Clank and Horizon. If you like racing sims then Gran Turismo 5 is a banger.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
But if you are low on cash I do think selling the Xbox is a waste. Id say trade it for a series S plus cash. Start doing MS rewards for Gamepass. Then start saving for ps5 with the leftover cash. GP will be free the rest of the gen if you max out rewards.

Top Bottom