• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IMO, Capcom should have a Capcom All-Stars fighting game.

Mesoian

It's too obvious and would make money, so Capcom won't do it.

Instead you'll get a card game and you'll like it.

iOS, F2P, daily energy system.

Because that's what the kids like.

It's so obvious that it's frustrating. I hate that.

UMvC3 is less broken, but not too far behind MvC2.

Eh...
Not_sure_what_to_say.gif

If Capcom All Stars happens, and it should, it needs to be a far more balanced game than UMvsC3 ever was.

As for the future of MvC, part of me is glad there's no MvC in the foreseeable future for the god-awful voice acting Marvel has, now.

Maybe in a few years.

Turn all the marvel characters to english, turn all the capcom characters to japanese, Profit.

SykoTech

Pretty sure everyone thinks that. Unfortunately, what Capcom should do and what they actually do doesn't always match.

Shonen Jump vs Capcom would be the superior result though. Obviously.

Mokubba

It's common sense at this point. I've always wanted to see more street fighter characters in the MVC style and I think a lot of them will fit in nicely not to talk of characters from Capcom's other IP's.

UMVC3 may be broken but isn't a chunk of that due to the game being abandoned after Marvel 3.

I love the flexibility of the Marvel 3 engine and would hate for it to go to waste or for it to be the last of it's kind.

C-Sword

Capcom vs Capcom.

They should do a Nintendo vs Capcom game. IIRC Ono wanted, but of course it's up to Nintendo.

I don't see why not. Isn't Nintendo desperate for third-party support? However, they probably don't want to take attention away from the new Smash Bros.

If they're not going to make a new Rival Schools, I hope that they at least bring some of the characters back.

Dahbomb

Shonen Jump vs Capcom is more licensing bull shit. Capcom needs to stay away from that shit for next gen until their financial status is more solid.

The only obvious answer here if we want a marvel style game

Dragonball Z Vs Capcom

Don't even tell me you wouldn't want this
Not interested

The less licensing nonsense, the better off the game will be.
They don't exactly have a lot of money right now. It's a miracle the next Ace Attorney is already being made as it is.
Somehow I feel that it'd be an unlikely project regardless of how much cash they have.

Mesoian

Shonen Jump vs Capcom is more licensing bull shit. Capcom needs to stay away from that shit for next gen until their financial status is more solid.

Especially in america. Man those Jump licences are all over the place. You thought Tatsunoko was hard to wrangle under one game...

Biker19

Banned

This. Having to deal with all of these licensing issues & getting permission to do this, or use a certain character, etc. I'm pretty sure that Capcom's sick of it, as they've dealt with too much of that from Marvel already.

They're pretty capable of making a great fighting game using their own characters from their own IPs.

Baleoce

Not interested

The less licensing nonsense, the better off the game will be.

Yeah, I've lost all enthusiasm for cross-over games now tbh. I've said plenty of times in the past that I'd love CvS3 or Shonen Jump vs Capcom, but to hell with it. I'd prefer Capcom to just use their own IP more effectively, and not have to run into shit a few years down the line.

El Sloth

Banned
The only licensing Capcom should bother with, as far as fighting games are concerned, should be Strider at this point. The less obstacles to updating, fixing, and keeping the game fresh the better off we all will be.

How can you forget Godhand! We need Gene.

Also, it would be a miracle if the next fighting game they were creating was an all Capcom cast. My dreams will be fulfilled! (Somewhat)

I still want:

Sega vs. (Bayonetta!! and Sonic)
Namco vs. (Rick Taylor)
Shonen Jump vs. (It would be a crazy cast)
Nintendo vs. (WiiU needs it's fighter.)

vg260

Yup pretty much.

Maybe a year or so ago when Sven was still at Capcom, he mentioned that he had brought up the idea but it always got shot down, and that their fighting game roadmap was years ahead. So, while painfully obvious this is what people want, it doesn't sound likely in terms of a complete game release in the near future. However that posting was before the huge internal change and cancellations, and I totally see them testing the F2P/platform (KI-style) format this gen somehow. KI was thrown together pretty quickly, so maybe something as a small-cast start using Capcom-side UMvC3 characters as a start is not too far-fetched.

Whatever they do, I just don't want it to be something that's one-and-done in terms of support. So that pretty much means no crossovers.

Here it was:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...-can-you-make-it-happen?post_num=15#522060031

This was a follow up, which sounded more vague (and thus maybe more promising):
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...hting-all-stars-revival?post_num=81#531110499

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I would love to see Capcom All Stars fighting game to happens but hopefully we will get it in next 5 years but I seriously doubt it.

Neoxon

iOS, F2P, daily energy system.

Because that's what the kids like.

It's so obvious that it's frustrating. I hate that.

Eh...
Not_sure_what_to_say.gif

If Capcom All Stars happens, and it should, it needs to be a far more balanced game than UMvsC3 ever was.

Turn all the marvel characters to english, turn all the capcom characters to japanese, Profit.
I'm talking about Marvel's recent shows. UMvC3 was mostly on-point in terms of voice acting.

Village

The only licensing Capcom should bother with, as far as fighting games are concerned, should be Strider at this point. The less obstacles to updating, fixing, and keeping the game fresh the better off we all will be.

Speak for yourself.

Crossovers is something I desire.

However at this exact moment it might be best for them, i hear their pockets aren't that full anymore. But I don't think should take away from crossovers, rather they reexamine how they are running their company and spending money. Several millions of dollars on a mobile game studio.

Yeah. As great as Jump Vs. Capcom would be, I could see the licensing nightmare for that giving way to another UMvC3 situation.

I'm down for a potential Capcom All Stars, though.

Clawww

they really ought to

Brawl-levels of fanservice + Mahvel gameplay = gg

no licensing woes will hopefully result in good support for the game in terms of updates, content, balancing

Do people genuinely want a Capcom crossover game, or is this just a reaction based on MvC licensing issues?

why not? capcom has great characters to draw from, and with MvC they've shown themselves to be able to creatively adapt and fit all sorts of characters into a fighting game.

if I had to choose, I'd prefer MvC4 or a beefy expansion to MvC3, but an all-Capcom game wouldn't be far behind at all. as long as the core gameplay of Marvel lives on, really. balance aside, it feels and plays so great, and the concept of team+assist based fighting is amazing

Speak for yourself.

However at this exact moment it might be best for them, i hear their pockets aren't that full anymore. But I don't think should take away from crossovers, rather they reexamine how they are running their company and spending money. Several millions of dollars on a mobile game studio.

Problem is, that mobile shit is more guaranteed money over a fighting game.

How can you forget Godhand! We need Gene.

Also, it would be a miracle if the next fighting game they were creating was an all Capcom cast. My dreams will be fulfilled! (Somewhat)

I still want:

Sega vs. (Bayonetta!! and Sonic)
Namco vs. (Rick Taylor)
Shonen Jump vs. (It would be a crazy cast)
Nintendo vs. (WiiU needs it's fighter.)

Man, some of these would amazing, if just for the crazy art that would probably come out of it. Kinu Nishimura drawing Bayonetta or Nintendo characters, man that'd be sweet.

vg260

Do people genuinely want a Capcom crossover game, or is this just a reaction based on MvC licensing issues?

I think people wanted it regardless, but moreso now, seeing how UMvC3 is playing out and how much of an obstacle to support licensing became.

Dahbomb

People have wanted a Capcom All Stars game way before UMVC3 even. With no Mahvel in the near future, the demand for Capcom All Stars is greater than ever. There are a lot of people who are fans of the VS series playstyle/artstyle and are fine with that style with a different roster.

It's right up there with Capcom vs Nintendo and the holy grail of all crossovers Shonen Jump vs Capcom. However, most people have realized by now that only Capcom All Stars is really feasible especially when it comes to long term support.

People have also realized that if you are going to make a VS multi character type game and want it to be a solid competitive game you need regular patches, at least once per years. Too many variables in the games to take into consideration.

Clawww

Problem is, that mobile shit is more guaranteed money over a fighting game.

people get too hung up on mobile. profits from that area can give them breathing room to work on great console games. it'd be one thing if they completely ditched console games, but they clearly haven't. the status quo has just changed, and, frankly, it would be dumb for Capcom to not try to get into mobile. despite the unfortunate butchering of beloved franchises, it's a smart move.

Maybe it wouldn't be that far of a stretch to get a Capcom vs Shonen Jump game. Namco owns the rights to most Shonen series like DBZ, FotNS, Naruto and One Piece. We also got a Street Fighter vs Tekken game. So maybe there can be a shot of getting it.

El Sloth

Banned
Speak for yourself.

I never said no more crossovers ever. You're ignoring the context of the text you highlighted. I am talking strictly about the ability to update a game, whether through physical disk updates or patches.
I do, I think they have a lot of cool characters from games we never see anymore, like Red Earth and Rival Schools. This would be a fun chance to see a lot of them again. And see what sort of cool movesets and playstyles Capcom can come up with characters not from fighting games. I also just really want people to experience the terror that would be a proper Q-Bee in a Vs. engine.

I'd be lying if I said the issues with MvC hasn't had a big impact on my more recent feelings for a Capcom only Vs. game though. It's just like fuel for a fire that wasn't very big before, but was always there.

Videoneon

This thread is how you know Capcom is in a bad way.

But yes, expect more exciting growth opportunities for fans of Capcom classics...on mobile

Apparently license wrangling for Strider is little more than a formality and a gesture of goodwill. "Capcom actually owns the rights of all of the characters."

So the license thing as denial for Strider's initial inclusion was likely more bull along the lines of Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, other people who were later included

IMO, Capcom should have a "Capcom All-Stars" fighting game with the same 3-on-3 feature & with either MvC 2 or UMvC 3 style gameplay. They have a lot of franchises in which they can have tons of characters without having to deal with licensing from other companies like Marvel.

• Rockman/Mega Man series (better characters IMO would be Mega Man X, Zero, & Tron Bonne)

You are a saint for recognizing the godliness of Mega Man X.

People have wanted a Capcom All Stars game way before UMVC3 even. With no Mahvel in the near future, the demand for Capcom All Stars is greater than ever. There are a lot of people who are fans of the VS series playstyle/artstyle and are fine with that style with a different roster.

It's right up there with Capcom vs Nintendo and the holy grail of all crossovers Shonen Jump vs Capcom. However, most people have realized by now that only Capcom All Stars is really feasible especially when it comes to long term support.

People have also realized that if you are going to make a VS multi character type game and want it to be a solid competitive game you need regular patches, at least once per years. Too many variables in the games to take into consideration.

I thought there was a lupinko rumor a long time ago that hinted at the possibility of Capcom All-Stars. But yeah, this is something that people have wanted for a long time though Marvel's impending hibernation bolsters it. It's not so bad either - a Capcom-focused game allows for missed franchises like Breath of Fire, Rival Schools, and Power Stone. I think Gene was the second most requested Capcom DLC character once UMVC3 was out, and Fou-Lu, Batsu, and a Power Stone character were popular mentions. It's also an opportunity to bolster Capcom fan support, assuming there's no bull or half-assing on important features.

people get too hung up on mobile. profits from that area can give them breathing room to work on great console games. it'd be one thing if they completely ditched console games, but they clearly haven't. the status quo has just changed, and, frankly, it would be dumb for Capcom to not try to get into mobile. despite the unfortunate butchering of beloved franchises, it's a smart move.

When has this been the case? Their Monster Hunter 4 profits are going towards mobile, and anyway Capcom has been working on mobile games for years already, I'd say the better part of this past generation.

I don't know, your post is strange because it basically acknowledges why mobile focus is bad for franchise enthusiasts/core gamers and then is just like "...well...*shrugs*"

Seyavesh

no dragon's dogma on the list?

for shame, for shame!!

savan, salde and co.are too fuckin' cool to not be in a game like this
Mq2rjNl.jpg

i was really sad he wasn't in mvc3 because having party members as helper char specials like cap. com. in mvc1 is the most obvious thing ever (or for supers)

El Sloth

Banned
Apparently license wrangling for Strider is little more than a formality and a gesture of goodwill. "Capcom actually owns the rights of all of the characters."

So the license thing as denial for Strider's initial inclusion was likely more bull along the lines of Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, other people who were later included
Oh wow. So Capcom has just been bullshitting all this time (and I ate it up without question). In the end they were just lazy then, huh. Thanks for pointing this out.

I never said no more crossovers ever. You're ignoring the context of the text you highlighted. I am talking strictly about the ability to update a game, whether through physical disk updates or patches.

I do, I think they have a lot of cool characters from games we never see anymore, like Red Earth and Rival Schools. This would be a fun chance to see a lot of them again. And see what sort of cool mosets and playstyles Capcom can come up with characters not from fighting games. I also just really want people to experience the terror that would Q-Bee in a Vs. engine.

I'd be lying if I said the issues with MvC hasn't had a big impact on my more recent feelings for a Capcom only Vs. game though. It's just like fuel for a fire that wasn't very big before, but was always there.
This would honestly be a step down from her VSav incarnation if you ask me lol. Same thing happened with Hsien-Ko. If we were talking about a six button Mahvel fighter like Skullgirls that'd be different.

Hell, sometimes that money-grabbing is a good thing if Capcom allocates some of their funds to other areas.

Skilletor

I don't see them bringing out many great console games (subjective), but I do see them ruining classic IPs getting into mobile (BoF). I don't care about mobile, but I don't see mobile profits doing anything other than them making more mobile games.

Top Bottom