• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IMO, Capcom should have a Capcom All-Stars fighting game.

Riposte

Not MKvSF, you'd have to change one of the sides too drastically to the point where the fans won't like it.

Mortal Kombat vs. Darkstalkers would make more sense, but Capcom won't approve of it.

I would say Darkstalkers is also wildly different than Mortal Kombat.

Skullgirls had moddable team sizes, something I really liked. Then again, TvC did giants, which I didn't like.

EDIT: Skullgirls with a roster x2-x3 it's current size is what I want out of a Marvel style game. Capcom vs doesn't need to be a Marvel replacement for me.

braves01

Banned
Konami vs. Capcom, so many possibilities for amusing match ups. Konami doesn't do anything with half their properties anyways, so it might be nice exposure for them.

Snake v. Ryu

Alucard v. Morrigan

Raiden v. Dan

Been waiting for Capcom to do this for a long time. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have the money to do it, but I am sure it could sell a lot if they marketed right. If it was done correctly Capcom could have the upper hand in Negotiations for other cross overs.

TheOGB

Banned
Skullgirls style team sizes fo sho.

I think Capcom is going to be gun shy about Fighters outside of Street Fighter V this generation. If there is a SFV.
I feel like they might be too gun shy to do even that, so if they're gonna do something this year it'll be all (stars) or nothing (until SFV next year or later).

606601-583053_20040927_001.jpg

this is capcom all stars game done wrong

abadguy

Banned
We had one.

150381-Capcom_Fighting_Evolution_%28USA%29-1.jpg

It was ass.

Did get to see Alex powerbomb a dinosaur though...

Would love a Capcom X Capcom game that looked exactly like Shinkiro's art style"in game". One thing i loved about the alpha games is how they looked exactly like Bengus's drawings, a cell shaded style that mimics this art would look amazing IMO. Far better than SF4's look for sure.

KingJ2002

We had one.

150381-Capcom_Fighting_Evolution_%28USA%29-1.jpg

It was ass.

Did get to see Alex powerbomb a dinosaur though...

Come on... it was a phoned in mame title of a cash grab...

Capcom could and should do a real All Stars fighting title. With Capcom's Marvel license now on the rocks it makes sense to go down this route considering how many characters they can add to it.

Yeah this needs to happen. After the mess of MVC3 and UMVC3 lacking a ton of great possible capcom characters (probably due to them not wanting to licence or time to get more marvel characters to match the capcom additions)

I really want an all capcom fighting game made with the UMVC3 engine. 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 I NEED X to be in this game. And hell they can just port over dante, vergil, zero etc everyone in umvc3 with maybe a few new things but just focus on creating the classic characters for this new game.

I want my Jin, Hayato, and Captain Commando back!!!! (Also dat female sonson, maybe ruby hart for the lols)

The One and Done™;95636104 said:
Fuck Capcom. They betrayed me so bad with MvC. Making you buy characters already on the disk? Go straight to gaming hell doused in virtual gasoline.

As if that was the worst problem in MVC3. Hell did you even want shuma or jill?

Also I'd be down for 2v2 only if you could have an additional assist character. Like Classic MVC

I-hate-u

Maybe Marvel has some sort of ownership of that engine in part of the agreement to ensure Capcom doesn't run off with it and make games featuring their (Marvel's) competitors.

Imagine though if we get DC vs Capcom. I'd like to see Batman vs. X.

We had one.

http://199.101.98.242/media/shots/150381-Capcom_Fighting_Evolution_%28USA%29-1.jpg[IMG]

It was ass.

[SPOILER]Did get to see Alex powerbomb a dinosaur though...[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

I honestly can't believe Capcom handed Ono the Street Fighter franchise after this was the first fighting game he made.

Dahbomb

I honestly can't believe Capcom handed Ono the Street Fighter franchise after this was the first fighting game he made.
Capcom did hand Itsuno DMC3 after he made DMC2.

Most developers at Capcom are very talented but due to publisher demands, pressure and time/budget constraints they don't get to make the game that they want to make.

Village

Street Fighter plays NOTHING like the other titles mentioned, aside from having 1 on 1. It's a foolish comparison to mention Street Fighter.

Maybe i wasn't clear.

I am content with street fighter. As far as 2d 1v1 fighting games from capcom are concerned.

No one is making a comparison. I would just be if that was the only one.

read. Please.

Or maybe i wasn't clear, if so sorry.

But reading is golden.

Riposte

Maybe i wasn't clear.

I am content with street fighter. As far as 2d 1v1 fighting games from capcom are concerned.

No one is making a comparison. I would just be if that was the only one.

read.

It's a silly distinction to make because these games are in the very same genre. Team fighting is another style of it, but so are all of the things that separate SFIV and Darkstalkers (and countless other games). Basically, it comes off like you don't even care what these games are about, just how they appear on a box. Sure, maybe you are satisfied with SF alone, but why should anyone who knows these games are like care?

Village

It's a silly distinction to make because these games are in the very same genre.
That I do not care about the aesthetics and/or mechanics of any other 2d 1v1 fighting series from capcom besides Street fighter ( and rival schools ) .

I didn't know I wasn't allowed to have an opinion.
Team fighting is another style of it, but so are all of the things that separate SFIV and Darkstalkers (and countless other games).
Yes....

I'm not sure where you are going this?

Basically, it comes off like you don't even care what these games are about, just how they appear on a box.
Where did you get this from exactly? Because i feel like capcom only got SF ( and rivals schools ) right in that department. I never said Street fighter was the only one i liked regardless of publisher. I own several versions of blaze blue , planning to buy guilty gear. Own Skullgirls despite the shit i talk on its character designs, and am sad I missed the KOF sale on steam.
Where did you even get this assertion from?
Maybe I just like street fighter ( and rival schools ) from capcom and am fine with it being the only one right now.
I am completely willing and ready for a new capcom 1v1 fighting game to surprise me.

Sure, maybe you are satisfied with SF alone, but why should anyone who knows these games are like care?
My original comment was supposed to be humorous.
I didn't expect anyone to care.

Novocaine

Was gonna say, yeah. Not as diverse as the OP wishes for but it did exist. Game was kind of crap though.

pains me that this garbage is the only title Urien has appeared in outside of SFIII

Dude, I know right. I was praying for Urien to be one of the Ultra characters, seeing as Seth shares some similarities model wise. Urien and Q are the best and need to be in more games.

Neoxon

Actually, this might be the way to go, as long as you can make an AA title out of it. You would circumvent a lot of the genre fatigue and saturation ATM.

UMvC3 is in no way close to MvC2 in balancing woes. The way MvC3 characters were designed prevents such a thing, and until something like Sentinel's cancels are discovered in MvC3, I doubt we'll get anywhere close.

Also awful voice acting? WAT? Surely you're not talking about MvC3.

Many of which are some of the most requested characters too.

People have been requesting CAS for years as the next logical step.

Team games > solo games all day, but I wouldn't mind a 1v1 set up here. Potentially with assist cards like H&H to satisfy all the weird people legitimately expecting joke and obscure Capcom characters to be roster front runners.
Relax, I didn't mean in UMvC3. I meant in Marvel's new cartoons. With the exception of Wolverine & Hulk, everyone got a new voice actor in either Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, or Hulk & the Agents of SMASH. All of which range from terrible (Spider-Man, Iron Man) to mediocre (everyone else) compared to their predecessors.

Who cares when they would continue to ignore Gene's existence even when he would be the most fitting character for a fighting game.

Synth

I'd definitely prefer this to be done more like X-Men CoTA or Marvel Super Heroes (no gems though.. I know where that leads...), than another 3v3 game. I've seen enough of the current Vs formula for a loooong time.

I still want:

Sega vs. (Bayonetta!! and Sonic)

Man forget Sega Vs, I want a new Fighters Megamix! I want Last Bronx characters in there along with the Virtua Fighters and Fighting Vipers. Bayonetta (toned down a bit), Joe Musashi and Hibana, Karen from PSU (or anyone else that's known to fight well from PS). They can even invite the Dead or Alive characters and avoid putting them in a mainline Virtua Fighter. It'd be amazing.

I'd be down for it if it was done right. I'd like them to make some true sequels to some of their fighting IPs first, like Rival Schools.

Add two macros for ten buttons. I won't rest until I'm making 100% use of my pinkies.

Or maybe we could just have ten buttons and custom team sizes? It really works.

lol ratio system for control schemes. Pick one person, get street fighter layout. Pick two, get 4 buttons per character. Pick three, get three buttons for two characters and two for the anchor assist. Pick four and get Smash controls with 8 buttons, 2 per character.

We had one.

http://199.101.98.242/media/shots/150381-Capcom_Fighting_Evolution_%28USA%29-1.jpg[/IG]

It was ass.

[SPOILER]Did get to see Alex powerbomb a dinosaur though...[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

God Hand username and a Jojo's avatar? You're a good person.

dan2026

Skullgirls already perfected the team fighting game.
You can do 1 vs 1, 3 vs 3, 2 vs 1, or any conbination you want.

Also I still want SF vs MK. Come on people, you know it would sell like hotcakes, you fucking know it!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
It can't work period.

You would have to put everyone under the same engine and as All Stars/Evolution/Jam proved, that don't work.

If they use the MvC engine, some characters would have to refined to work under that engine which would be pointless.

Honestly, who wouldn't buy this?

Part of the appeal of crossover games is to see franchises people love get some love.

I have friends that loathe fighters who would drop 60 bones on this if for no other reason than Breath of Fire reps.

But that's cool, we can just do SFIV for the next ten years, I suppose.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe something was in the works, but Capcom canned everything being outsourced about six months ago.
Nope, they only said they would reduce the amount of outsourcing because the quality of the outsourced titles was declining. Stuff like the new Strider is outsourced, for example. USF4 is still in conjunction with Dimps is it not? There will never be completely no outsourcing.

Something also doesn't need to be outsourced for them to use the MvC3 engine.

That rumour was also bullshit because it also talked about DSIV. It was just riding off of whatever was anticipated at the time.

Evilisk

Also I still want SF vs MK. Come on people, you know it would sell like hotcakes, you fucking know it!

No it would not sell like hotcakes.

I don't get why people think this would be great. I don't know anybody that has honestly said that they would like to see Ryu or Chun Li get decapitated/spine ripped/whatever or to see Sub Zero or Scorpion NOT turn their opponents into red mist (and we already know how a fatality-less MK game went).

OT: If we ever do get a Capcom vs. Capcom game, I guarantee that if Tessa is there Day 1, then I will be there Day 1 to buy the game.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
It's too obvious and would make money, so Capcom won't do it.

Instead you'll get a card game and you'll like it.

I actually laugh at this.

----------------------------------------------------------
I don't even know Capcom anymore. I think my fav game from capcom is Dragon Dogma for this gen, while RE5 and RE6 is just meh....

Top Bottom