• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IMO, Capcom should have a Capcom All-Stars fighting game.

Dahbomb

no dragon's dogma on the list?

for shame, for shame!!

savan, salde and co.are too fuckin' cool to not be in a game like this
Mq2rjNl.jpg

i was really sad he wasn't in mvc3 because having party members as helper char specials like cap. com. in mvc1 is the most obvious thing ever (or for supers)
Dragon's Dogma came way after MVC3 man.

El Sloth

Banned
This would honestly be a step down from her VSav incarnation if you ask me lol.
You're just traumatized by what they did to Lei-Lei! I edited to include "proper", so as to say a Q-bee that plays in a style faithful to her prior incarnations. I'm sure it's possible, I won't be convinced otherwise until they actually fuck it up!

Edit:
Same thing happened with Hsien-Ko. If we were talking about a six button Mahvel fighter like Skullgirls that'd be different.
Lol, I knew it. She can still be fixed, Solar, have faith! I don't know if a hypothetical All-Stars game has to necessarily be a 6 button fighter to do justice to characters from 6 button games. I think it's all about how they approach translating the character moveset and movement options to a different sort of game. Morrigan may not be a primarily rushdown character in UMvC3, but I still think they did her justice. Felicia too. And it's not like giving Q-bee her float, fly (without needing dark force), and homing air dash would be too hard.

Seyavesh

Dragon's Dogma came way after MVC3 man.

yeah, i was thinking more as a marketing deal rather than an 'all-stars' kinda deal

like how everyone had hopes that asura would be in marvel 3 for the same reason

i just love that game and also sword+board chars

Kimosabae

Banned
No more 3v3 versus games. Please. At least for a while. 2v2 at most. MvC3 would have been a way better game were it 2v2 imo.

abadguy

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95604466]Capcom Fighting Jam is more fun than MVC2.[/QUOTE]

In the bizarro- verse maybe. That game was a pile of horrid shit.

vg260

No more 3v3 versus games. Please. At least for a while. 2v2 at most. MvC3 would have been a way better game were it 2v2 imo.

If they did an All Stars, I'd expect something 2v2 or other format, so it's not regarded as a "poor man's MvC"

Loona

Who is the final boss? Or is it a succession of bosses from previous games that must be defeated?

Bad Box Art Megaman, who else? Represents mismanagement of a beloved IP and debuted in a hame spoiled by greed, could work.
Maybe in a tag team with Wrong Dante, to boot.

CvS3 with tag teams could work too, sonce NeoGeo Battle Coliseum had that gameplay element, so there's a possible bridge between series.

2v2 ala MvC1 or TvC would be fine with me.

As long as Capcom franchises that haven't gotten a chance to shine in the Vs. series yet show up. That was one of my favorite aspects of the Capcom side of TvC's roster.

El Sloth

Banned
2v2 only would be a little boring for me. I like experimenting with 3 man teams and different assists.

It'd be cool if Capcom tried experimenting with the ability to choose your team size, like Skullgirls, or custom assists, again like Skullgirls, but then again maybe they should just stick to the classic MvC style.

Village

Yes, because Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men CotA (or Vampire Savior, or any other number of 1v1 games I could name) play anything like Street Fighter.

( I like street fighter the best and I prefer team crossover games to solo, or brawls in the case of smash bros.)

I am content with street fighter.

BadAss2961

That's different from a Marvel game in what way, exactly? :p
With Marvel, they can get away with just using some of the most popular characters on each side (with some obscure ones thrown in.) They help each other fill out the roster. With an all Capcom game, you've got tons of characters that are already popular in gaming culture, and in most cases already have fighting game movesets that wouldn't be able to make the roster.

At best, they could take like 2-3 fighters from a bunch of their IPs, and it just wouldn't seem right with all the characters that would be missing.

ido

MvC2 is my favorite fighting game of all time, and I was really depressed after jumping into MvC3 and UMvC3, as they never really felt like "marvel" to me, so even rumors about a new versus game has me both excited and nervous.

Capcom vs. SNK 3 would also be pretty great, if that were ever possible. I'd want sprite art, though.

Clawww

I don't know, your post is strange because it basically acknowledges why mobile focus is bad for franchise enthusiasts/core gamers and then is just like "...well...*shrugs*"

well, something like BoF being put onto mobile may be vexing to fans, but as far as we know, it's not like they scraped plans for a full-fledged BoF game to make the iOS game. the mobile division is a separate entity at this point.

I don't see them bringing out many great console games (subjective), but I do see them ruining classic IPs getting into mobile (BoF). I don't care about mobile, but I don't see mobile profits doing anything other than them making more mobile games.

let's wait and see. the end of this generation has definitely been whacky for them. I agree that they haven't put out anything truly great in a while. RE4 Capcom was different from RE6 Capcom, and now MH-funded-mobile-Capcom is different from that.

( I like street fighter the best and I prefer team crossover games to solo, or brawls in the case of smash bros.)

I am content with street fighter.

Street Fighter plays NOTHING like the other titles mentioned, aside from having 1 on 1. It's a foolish comparison to mention Street Fighter.

2v2 only would be a little boring for me. I like experimenting with 3 man teams and different assists.

It'd be cool if Capcom tried experimenting with the ability to choose your team size, like Skullgirls, or custom assists, again like Skullgirls, but then again maybe they should just stick to the classic MvC style.

I would love for them crank it up a level.

4v4 for MvC4.

You're just traumatized by what they did to Lei-Lei! I edited to include "proper", so as to say a Q-bee that plays in a style faithful to her prior incarnations. I'm sure it's possible, I won't be convinced otherwise until they actually fuck it up!

Edit:

Lol, I knew it. She can still be fixed, Solar, have faith! I don't know if a hypothetical All-Stars game has to necessarily be a 6 button fighter to do justice to characters from 6 button games. I think it's all about how they approach translating the character moveset and movement options to a different sort of game. Morrigan may not be a primarily rushdown character in UMvC3, but I still think they did her justice. Felicia too. And it's not like giving Q-bee her float, fly (without needing dark force), and homing air dash would be too hard.
Hsien-Ko has a lot of good buttons in VSav and the way they come together makes for a lot of sick stuff with Tenrai Ha and her air buttons. You can make four button versions work, but they're a lot less like their older versions. It's not the end of the world though. It does amaze me how they can make those combos go forever with so few buttons lol. The wonders of modern day Mahvel...

VSav characters are a terror, man. You have no clue how terrifying it can be until you are actually fighting a mid-high tier wolf/cat/sas player. I don't even want to talk about Zabel or what happens if you step in the ring with a Demitri that knows robotic GC cancels.

I could see this as a way for Ono to get closer to making Darkstalkers. Fill it with DS characters and hope that makes a better case for a full game. Same with Project Justice and Power Stone. Seems like Capcom is a prideful company however and wonder if they'd let him use the TVC/Marvel engine? Then again the SFxT engine would probably be fine for a 2v2 game. Ono has gone on about his next project being "new FGC project" so maybe it could be this. Wasn't the last word on Niitsuma that his team wasn't working on a fighting game project?

Mesoian

Would you be just as interested in a Capcom Kart racing game?

If they got Sumo Digital to do it, hell yeah.

Hsien-Ko has a lot of good buttons in VSav and the way they come together makes for a lot of sick stuff with Tenrai Ha and her air buttons. You can make four button versions work, but they're a lot less like their older versions. It's not the end of the world though. It does amaze me how they can make those combos go forever with so few buttons lol. The wonders of modern day Mahvel...

VSav characters are a terror, man. You have no clue how terrifying it can be until you are actually fighting a mid-high tier wolf/cat/sas player. I don't even want to talk about Zabel or what happens if you step in the ring with a Demitri that knows robotic GC cancels.

H-Ko could be fixed in Marvel super easily. They just did a bad job with her all around. The fact that her animation gets priority over her own hitboxes is retarded.

I love using H-Ko, but there are so many dumb things that could be slightly tweeked to make her 100% more effective. No auto correct? But other characters like Dante and Magneto have multiple auto corrects? Stupid.

Capcom Fighting All-Stars with 2v2, 6-button gameplay ala MVC1 would be amazing - especially in the MVC3 engine.

Hell, I'd even love that game if it was a spiritual successor to Power Stone (4P arena fighter gameplay).

It makes too much sense for today's Capcom to make, though - they'd want to make it link to some stupid F2P or mobile crap for the guaranteed $$$ though.

Dahbomb

Disagree completely. MVC2 and MVC3 are what they are because of 3v3 assist based game play. If you want a MVC3 with 2v2 game play then you can just play TvC.

There are plenty of 1v1 fighters and even some 2v2 fighters on the market (TTT2, TvC) but not many true 3v3 fighters. And I am not talking about the KOF system where it's like a team battle of 3 fighters... nah it's about that 3v3 assist based game play. That's the main hook of MVC2 and MVC3.

H-Ko could be fixed in Marvel super easily. They just did a bad job with her all around. The fact that her animation gets priority over her own hitboxes is retarded.

I love using H-Ko, but there are so many dumb things that could be slightly tweeked to make her 100% more effective. No auto correct? But other characters like Dante and Magneto have multiple auto corrects? Stupid.
I know all this. I've personally proposed tons of fixes myself, but this isn't really just about Hsien-Ko. Initially it was about Q.Bee being less of a horror than she is in VSav and I'd like to keep it that way because screw worrying about MvC3 anymore. Shit ain't getting patched and I wouldn't be any happier if it did.

Dahbomb

Custom assists is the future of this format of fighting games.

4v4 is kinda OD though... they need to get 3v3 right first. I mean they mostly have it right between UMVC3 and MVC2 but there are some nagging issues that always hold them from achieving true greatness.

Kimosabae

Banned
We had Street Fighter x Tekken. A new 3 on 3 should be okay now. ;)

I'm talking about standard Capcom-versus team dynamics not a sterile amalgam of extreme polychrome and death.

Disagree completely. MVC2 and MVC3 are what they are because of 3v3 assist based game play. If you want a MVC3 with 2v2 game play then you can just play TvC.

There are plenty of 1v1 fighters and even some 2v2 fighters on the market (TTT2, TvC) but not many true 3v3 fighters. And I am not talking about the KOF system where it's like a team battle of 3 fighters... nah it's about that 3v3 assist based game play. That's the main hook of MVC2 and MVC3.

That's almost begging the question. I get that the fact that they are 3v3 makes those two particular games "what they are". That's how they were designed. The implication is: why is 3v3 better? That's where I'm seeking insight.

Were MvC3 developed around 2v2; I think the game would have been broken down more quickly and would have been a more respected game, competitively. UMvC3 would have been easier to balance and the endgame might have seen more variety. As it stands, UMvC3, despite the game being more competitive now than ever now that we know what's good (the top category of players are consistent, the top teams and characters are consistent): it's still not seen as a good competitive game by a lot of people because of how volatile the refinement stage was and how unbalanced the cast ultimately became in the face of the endgame.

And let's not forget that MvC2 was considered a shitty, scrubby game too, just like MvC3. People tend to forget this for some reason.

You'll be spending a lot of money on DLC to fill out a roster besides those that are known quantities. The licenses won't pay of themselves.

Also, how would you balance that game?

Agreed, often times I have trouble determining what single character I'll want to hunker down and focus on in a fighter, let alone three. Tag games are usually my limit, so I'd prefer more of the style of MvC, XvSF and MSHvSF -- but once they introduce teams it seems like there's no going back.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Capcom Fighting Evolution sucked.

Only way I'm in is if everyone get's new sprites except morrigan.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'd take it using powerstone style game play. Don't need more 2D fighters IMO.
Actually, this might be the way to go, as long as you can make an AA title out of it. You would circumvent a lot of the genre fatigue and saturation ATM.

UMvC3 is less broken, but not too far behind MvC2.

As for the future of MvC, part of me is glad there's no MvC in the foreseeable future for the god-awful voice acting Marvel has, now.

Maybe in a few years.
UMvC3 is in no way close to MvC2 in balancing woes. The way MvC3 characters were designed prevents such a thing, and until something like Sentinel's cancels are discovered in MvC3, I doubt we'll get anywhere close.

Also awful voice acting? WAT? Surely you're not talking about MvC3.

Capcom still has to deal with licensing, some characters were created independent artist
Many of which are some of the most requested characters too.

Do people genuinely want a Capcom crossover game, or is this just a reaction based on MvC licensing issues?
People have been requesting CAS for years as the next logical step.

Fuck that. 1v1 Marvel Super Heroes style.

Solo > Team games
Team games > solo games all day, but I wouldn't mind a 1v1 set up here. Potentially with assist cards like H&H to satisfy all the weird people legitimately expecting joke and obscure Capcom characters to be roster front runners.

Clipse

Bring over the Marvel movesets to random, obscure Capcom characters and we are golden.
I used to try to come up with a few of these. The only ones I could think of were:

MODOK = Dr. Wily in some flying vehicle
Wolverine = Date Masamune

I-hate-u

Capcom built a fantastic fighting engine in MvC3. The game flows better than anything I have ever played imo. I don't care what cast they use, I just want more of that particular fighting gameplay.

Dante is like the best fighting game character of all time. Soo good.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I think Capcom is going to be gun shy about Fighters outside of Street Fighter V this generation. If there is a SFV.

Custom assists is the future of this format of fighting games.

4v4 is kinda OD though... they need to get 3v3 right first. I mean they mostly have it right between UMVC3 and MVC2 but there are some nagging issues that always hold them from achieving true greatness.

4v4 would be shit. 3v3 is already forced to be too simple. I want 2v2 with full control over both characters at all times. With 8 buttons.

Jawmuncher

I know me as well as many other's have been saying the same thing for years OP.
With Capcom losing the Marvel license and probably not going to be able to get it again. Especially after the reports of how much of a pain it was to work with, I see capcom going this route. Don't have to pay anyone since they own all the IPs and this way you can appeal to both the mainstream tastes (DMC, RE, SF,etc) as well as the hardcore obscure tastes (Rival Schools, MegaMan
LOLZ
, darkstalkers, etc).

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95633359]4v4 would be shit. 3v3 is already forced to be too simple. I want 2v2 with full control over both characters at all times. With 8 buttons.[/QUOTE]
Add two macros for ten buttons. I won't rest until I'm making 100% use of my pinkies.

Or maybe we could just have ten buttons and custom team sizes? It really works.

Top Bottom