• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

impacted wisdom tooth ouf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I'm seeing a dentist next week, hopefully to remove my wisdom tooth. I'm 31 and this is my first experience with wisdom tooth.

I'm sure my wisdom tooth is now impacted, meaning the tooth has no space to come out and there is gum that is blocking 1/2 of the top of the tooth. Its also coming out towards my lip unlike the rest of my bottom tooth.

What's worse, I can see debris and food getting stuck under the gum on top of the wisdom tooth. I also now have gingivitis I believe ( blood taste coming from near the wisdom tooth ) and dry mouth.

I'm confident there's an infection in my gums near the wisdom tooth.

My symptoms are:

Dry throat
Dry mouth
Time to time sharp pain on wisdom teeth
Dizziness
Fatigue
Anxiety

Have any of you had these symptoms with an impacted wisdom tooth? The fatigue and dizziness is worrying me the most.

Thanks for sharing..

Konka

Banned
Hi guys,

I'm seeing a dentist next week, hopefully to remove my wisdom tooth. I'm 31 and this is my first experience with wisdom tooth.

I'm sure my wisdom tooth is now impacted, meaning the tooth has no space to come out and there is gum that is blocking 1/2 of the top of the tooth. Its also coming out towards my lip unlike the rest of my bottom tooth.

What's worse, I can see debris and food getting stuck under the gum on top of the wisdom tooth. I also now have gingivitis I believe ( blood taste coming from near the wisdom tooth ) and dry mouth.

I'm confident there's an infection in my gums near the wisdom tooth.

My symptoms are:

Dry throat
Dry mouth
Time to time sharp pain on wisdom teeth
Dizziness
Fatigue
Anxiety

Have any of you had these symptoms with an impacted wisdom tooth? The fatigue and dizziness is worrying me the most.

Thanks for sharing..

Uh, your symptoms for a wisdom tooth should be tooth pain. I

TUSR

Banned
Mid next week.. I'm incredibly stressed out lately but never felt dizzy or fatigued from it. Hopefully removing the wisdom tooth will help clear some issues...
Migraines can affect your balance, I wouldn't be surprised if you had something going on.

You have the appt booked, you need to just settle down.

styl3s

If you have decent/good insurance and you don't feel comfortable find out if any hospitals around you have dental on-call. Most bigger hospitals have someone who is capable of dealing with these things or call around to other dentist.

I had an appointment next week to get this tooth checked out because it was killing me but called around and got in to another place tomorrow. Don't wait if you don't have to.

Just went through this two weeks ago.
I'm 25 and it wasn't that bad. I had all four removed, one was impacted like a mother.
The best part is the high coming off the Anesthesia, and a weeks worth of Percocets.
I don't see what the big deal is with Percocets, a very short wave of euphoria followed by being numb to pain.

Just went through this two weeks ago.
I'm 25 and it wasn't that bad. I had all four removed, one was impacted like a mother.
The best part is the high coming off the Anesthesia, and a weeks worth of Percocets.
I don't see what the big deal is with Percocets, a very short wave of eurphoria followed by being numb to pain.
Curious if you had the dizziness and fatigue before removal? Thanks.

Enjoy the high :)

3N16MA

Banned
Had the two at the bottom removed and never had any on the top. I honestly felt no pain or any symptoms before I had them removed. X-ray showed that they were coming in sideways and needed to be removed before they caused problems.

I've had two removed so far. Mouth is too small to properly care for them, they ended up decaying too far. It was quick and simple and the drugs were wicked. Did get a dry socket in one and man that was the worst.

I had this problem. Caused a cavity in the tooth next to it as well.

hBoeeGk.jpg

They had to take a saw to the jaw bone to get the impacted wisdom tooth out. Stitched it back up. Then gave me a root canal on the neighbouring tooth a week later. Not a fun two weeks.

The tooth extraction didn't hurt too much. The root canal did though.

Bloodrage

Banned
Why do you have so many symptoms for this? My two lower wisdom teeth were impacted (removed now) and the only symptoms I had were swelling and pain.

I had this problem. Caused a cavity in the tooth next to it as well.

hBoeeGk.jpg

They had to take a saw to the jaw bone to get the impacted wisdom tooth out. Stitched it back up. Then gave me a root canal on the neighbouring tooth a week later. Not a fun two weeks.

The tooth extraction didn't hurt too much. The root canal did though.
yeah this is what I have... Not sure as to why I have other symptoms, honestly it could simply be stress but nonetheless I think blood work is due.

Helmholtz

I had all four of mine out in December. I was put to sleep during the procedure so that was cake. The next couple days were uncomfortable and it was hard to eat, but after that I was fine. It wasn't nearly as bad for me as some people had me believe.

Mine have been impacted for almost six years now. Only one ever bothers me, with the lower right one usually flaring up to a throb and general pressure for a week out of the year. The rest of the time it's fine and allows me to forget that I even have a problem, but I wish I had gotten them taken out when I had the free time to do it. Good on you for being braver about it than I ever was.

BPoole

I had all 4 of mine removed a few years ago and didn't experience any of the symptoms you have. I'd bring those to your Doc's attention.

The recovery wasn't so bad either. The worst part is for several months after, you'll have little holes in your gums where food will get stuck.

Helmholtz

I had all 4 of mine removed a few years ago and didn't experience any of the symptoms you have. I'd bring those to your Doc's attention.

The recovery wasn't so bad either. The worst part is for several months after, you'll have little holes in your gums where food will get stuck.
For me I think I only had those holes for a month at most. And even then I just used the squirter thing to clear them out. Maybe I'm just a fast healer.
It's definitely more convenient to remove them when you have time off though, I did it on Christmas break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom