• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Impossibly gorgeous "leaked" Famitsu images (WTF?!)

duckroll

If these are mockups by Project Aces, then there's only one answer. Nothing was "leaked" and they're being released as viral marketing to test reactions on each potential project. There's no way in hell one team has 4 next-gen games in production at the same time, and definitely not at this level. They're testing the waters.... if it's really from them. It's definitely a professional job though, even if it's a fake/joke/whatever, so it's not some random photoshop.

Jonnyram said:
Everything about these mockups screams Famitsu, but the typesetting is totally off. Font is wrong, spacing is wrong, etc. etc. The 緊急速報 section always has furigana too. They could be mockups, pre-editing. The screens look phenomenal though.
What does the text say though?

Mudhoney

Some crazy camera angles. I don't doubt something like this could done, but it's pretty clear most of these shots aren't from gameplay, unless these games play like a movie.

J2 Cool

Armitage said:
Hate to be a party pooper, but in that Pirates thread weren't people saying that just about any game looks good when the pics are that small? Not saying those look bad (cause they sure don't), but it's hard to make out any detail.

True. Remember the MGS4 Famitsu scans.

Screens for a magazine capture a film kind of quality that sets it apart from the digital look of videogames. Thus creating a frenzy over the visuals..

Mudhoney

duckroll said:
If these are mockups by Project Aces, then there's only one answer. Nothing was "leaked" and they're being released as viral marketing to test reactions on each potential project. There's no way in hell one team has 4 next-gen games in production at the same time, and definitely not at this level. They're testing the waters.... if it's really from them. It's definitely a professional job though, even if it's a fake/joke/whatever, so it's not some random photoshop.

Wow, that's interesting.

BlueTsunami said:
Probably. Look at the boxes contained in one of the games (within the game). It looks like you would point to something with the Wiimote and do whatever.

If it is for Wii, prerendered no doubt :lol
I was on the edge of speculating a pre-rendered option-based game... but I still don't see this being on the Wii. The only supporting items would be the lack of any buttons on screen [or context-sensitive actions], but I'd put money down on the PS3 or X360 before I thought about the Wii. I'll believe it once it's reported, though.

duckroll

Mudhoney said:
Some crazy camera angles. I don't doubt something like this could done, but it's pretty clear most of these shots aren't from gameplay, unless these games play like a movie.

Yeah, they do. But the shots aren't realtime either, at least if you believe the text. They're production shots that might not reflect how the end product might look.

My bet this is a Cellius promo shot. You guys know Cellius = Sony + Namco/Bandai right?

The Ace Combat team is prominently mentioned several times as the creators of this game concept as well.

Since its Namco Bandai and they own 51% of Cellius (dumping big bucks in the process) my bet this is the "promised fruits" of their labor with Sony.

icecream

Public Health Threat
These are certainly layout pics, but that just means it's easier to not be real... like FMV renders with added HUD or concept.

But then these don't quite look like normal games... and having 3 new games all at once is a bit odd.

wsippel

Banned
duckroll said:
Possible. The projects also seem somewhat similar, like a single concept with several different possible scenarios.

J2 Cool said:
Screens for a magazine capture a film kind of quality that sets it apart from the digital look of videogames. Thus creating a frenzy over the visuals..
In any case, even if this isn't the true capacity of what the game is putting out, it still won't be that much of a difference. Look at the screens good and hard, you'll see they're still fairly impressive [if it's all in-game]. I'm not saying you or anyone else is calling them out to be downgraded like we've been hearing Killzone 2 has, but I can't see too big of a margin in quality with the likes of these games.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Duckroll, nice theory. Whatever these images are, I'm now pretty damn sure they DO come out of Project Aces. All the Ace Combat references, and the identical look to the cutscenes from known AC6 shots...

Clearly, there's no way Project Aces could have four games in production. These must be three ideas they have, and only one will go into production. Perhaps leaked by a Project Aces member to gauge fan reaction? :D

Takuhi

The text doesn't solve the mystery.
It's written as a straight Famitsu preview, explaining the game mechanics and premise. And also introducing Project Aces.

They do have a disclaimer that they're target images and the graphics of the final game will differ, however. So no secret Cellius tech, I fear.

It looks like the game is not fully real time; it seems like it's context-sensitive based gameplay, a la RE4. Those screens look rather cinematic in nature, which further leads me to believe this. And if I am correct it would kinda explain why the graphics are so good.

Hunahan said:
It'll turn out to be a point and click adventure game. :lol

on the Wii

--

I don't know why people are ignoring this... Resident Evil on the Wii needs to look as good as these. These are not so out of reach (Pre-Rendered)

icecream

Public Health Threat
Karma Kramer said:
Jesus this isn't a ****ing scooby doo mystery... someone please just read the japanese text.

Our answers should be there.
Except all it really says is that they're from the Project Aces team, their background, what the concept of the games are, and what the games would entail. No platform, no explanation on how the graphics are done, nothing that would explain why there are three different scans from three different games suddenly leaked out to the public.

ethelred

UntoldDreams said:
My bet this is a Cellius promo shot. You guys know Cellius = Sony + Namco/Bandai right?

The Ace Combat team is prominently mentioned several times as the creators of this game concept as well.

Since its Namco Bandai and they own 51% of Cellius (dumping big bucks in the process) my bet this is the "promised fruits" of their labor with Sony.

Yeah, if the Ace Combat team is behind this, it must be for the PS3, because that team would certainly not develop for the 360.

Dahbomb

So a random "leaked" Famitsu article of 3 games arrives, ALL of which manage to best out the "best" of Japanese next-gen endeavors thus far (MGS4, FFXIII, Lost Planet, DMC4 etc.) in one blow?

WTF is this shit? :lol

Brave Arms looks like MGS4 Raiden simulator. Hell they are using almost the same filtering tech as MGS4 (greenish/yellow tint).

icecream said:
Except all it really says is that they're from the Project Aces team, their background, what the concept of the games are, and what the games would entail. No platform, no explanation on how the graphics are done, nothing that would explain why there are three different scans from three different games suddenly leaked out to the public.

hmmm... right then.. well looks like we won't know anything then until more info is released.

thanks though for summarizing the text. :)

icecream

Public Health Threat
Takuhi said:
Mocking up a game you've never heard of from a fairly obscure team would be a pretty weak April Fool's joke.
Also considering that it's not April Fools yet...

Why do people keep on thinking of Cellius projects? Has it even been said whether or not it's a console games division yet? I thought there was still conflicting reports on that one and no one really know what the heck it's for.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
icecream said:
Also considering that it's not April Fools yet...

Print publication, lead time, etc.

This would be a pretty elaborate April Fool's joke, though. And Namco would have to be in on it. Famitsu nor Namco would be up for this kind of April Fool's joke.

RaijinFY

Clipboard01.jpg

1228_0007.jpg

duckroll

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the color scheme of the top bars yet. Usually for Famitsu the top bar is the same color for that section in the entire issue. This week it was blue (even for Ace Combat 6). That's just a weird change between the 3 pieces, since it means one was intentionally made green. Weird.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
It's probably real. They're probably just bullshots or pre-rendered movie sequences, is all. I don't see why people are getting so worked up over it either.

Top Bottom