• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inaba (Platinum Games): Bayonetta 2 would not exist without Nintendo

stilgar

"There is no bad consoles, only bad games."

Except if you really, really are immature to the point you want to see a company fail.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So like... If this game ends up sucking worse than DMC 2, how will the fans react?

Not that I want it to suck though. Just a harmless hypothetical question.

Sadist

It's rather simple: the way I see it, people have these views on consoles and they can't be altered. Nintendo? To stubborn for their own good, need moar power, won't receive any significant support. Gamecube was this way, it happened to Wii; why should the situation change with Wii U? It doesn't help when messageboards types keep feeding this stigma and the media helping along to a certain extent.

It's a very onesided view, but a lot of people have no interest in changing it. They're okay with prejudice.

So like... If this game ends up sucking worse than DMC 2, how will the fans react?

Not that I want it to suck though. Just a harmless hypothetical question.

What do you mean how will fans react? The same way they normally act when a game in a series isn't good?

DaBuddaDa

Fantastic, thank you Nintendo for raising this from the dead! Their close partnership recently with Platinum, along with bringing over Xenoblade and Last Story has done a lot to redeem them in my eyes.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What do you mean how will fans react? The same way they normally act when a game in a series isn't good?

Considering the overall situation (fan-rage over the game jumping to a completely different system) plus a few players buying the Wii U solely for Bayonetta 2, what if the game ends up being really bad?

Dahbomb

The fanboyism is strong in this thread.

List wars here we go baybee!

Good for Nintendo on reviving the game. I had my reservation and what was actually going on behind the scenes but this at least puts things in clearer perspective.

So Nintendo can you guys publish og DMC series too?

It's rather simple: the way I see it, people have these views on consoles and they can't be altered. Nintendo? To stubborn for their own good, need moar power, won't receive any significant support. Gamecube was this way, it happened to Wii; why should the situation change with Wii U? It doesn't help when messageboards types keep feeding this stigma and the media helping along to a certain extent.

It's a very onesided view, but a lot of people have no interest in changing it. They're okay with prejudice.

Does that not happen with other consoles as well? Some avoids a 360 because they don't like most of the Xbox's games, and nothing the 360 showed didn't seem that enticing if they already have a PS3? And vice versa?

Considering the overall situation (fan-rage over the game jumping to a completely different system) plus a few players buying the Wii U solely for Bayonetta 2, what if the game ends up being really bad?

Whats your point? We have no idea how it will turn out and people are not exactly going to tear the world apart. People will buy WiiU for a number of games, not just Bayo - they'll pick up something else. Am not sure what else you can expect to happen?

Riots? Someone putting a hit on Iwata? Shops selling WiiU's burnt to the ground?
Seriously, what do you think would happen?

Thankfully they can buy Retro's next game, which will most likely be leagues better anyways.

You mean I have to buy a fucking new console to play Super Smash Bros 4? FUCK THIS WORLD!!!

j/k XD

Yeah, I highly agree that people would be in heaven if this was a PS4/720 game, it's not having to shell out the money, it's the console. :/

If I think about it, I was pretty choked when Alan Wake went 360 exclusive, but that started out as also coming to PC. In the end, Remedy delivered a pretty nice port.

Sadist

Does that not happen with other consoles as well? Some avoids a 360 because they don't like most of the Xbox's games, and nothing the 360 showed didn't seem that enticing if they already have a PS3? And vice versa?
Sure. There are people who view the Xbox as the shooterbox. It's irrational, but it happens anyway.

As a future Wii U owner i am willing to let a non Wii U owning Bayonetta 2 fan borrow my console to play through the game.

But you have to get all the stars including the green ones in Mario Galaxy 2 first.

ULTROS!

Whats your point? We have no idea how it will turn out and people are not exactly going to tear the world apart. People will buy WiiU for a number of games, not just Bayo - they'll pick up something else. Am not sure what else you can expect to happen?

Riots? Someone putting a hit on Iwata? Shops selling WiiU's burnt to the ground?
Seriously, what do you think would happen?

Way to get defensive. I'm just asking a supposedly sarcastic question. Jeez.

Kamek

I wish Nintendo could finance Shenmue 3. I recently replayed 1 on DC and forgot how much I loved that game.

Minyobi

Since the campaign against the new Devil may Cry is winding down, it is nice to know that angry fans of stylish action games have another front to do battle on.

Dem System Warz.

Oh, and I'm pretty excited for the new Bayonetta.
I'm not excited for any changes to the Bayonetta formula being met with"OMG! Nintendo ruined Bayonetta! Only buying when it hits the used bargain bin!"

You know its coming, guys.

I should mention, that when I saw the teaser on ND, the first thing I thought was "GAF is going to EXPLODE". Knowing it was canned for the PS360 and became a Wii U exclusive, I know GAF and the interwebz well apparently. XD

Who else thought that upon seeing the announcement?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I should mention, that when I saw the teaser on ND, the first thing I thought was "GAF is going to EXPLODE". Knowing it was canned for the PS360 and became a Wii U exclusive, I know GAF and the interwebz well apparently. XD

I just thought "God bless Nintendo for resurrecting this game"

Sadist

Everyone.

I came home from work and I tried to watch the Japanese software ND unspoiled, but saw the little logo in the left corner. "Wait is that Bayonetta? And a numer 2 in the shape of a moon? Awesome!". I found out about the exclusivity and then realised; "GAF must have flipped their shit about this".

BlackJace

Laugh it up. The Metroid Prime series and Donkey Kong Country Returns are not top-tier in their genres like Bayonetta is.

I will continue to laugh. I haven't played DkCR, but Metroid Prime is a fucking masterpiece. Hands down the best First Person adventure game ever.

To say Bayonetta comes close is laughable.

AntMurda

Throw in Treasure and then you get all the devs people say "They should totally make every game!"

You know what be awesome? If Treasure made "insert Nintendo game"! (Wario World sucked)

You know what be awesome? If Team Ninja made "insert Nintendo game" (Metroid Other M hyperbole GAF hate)

You know what be awesome? If Namco made "insert Nintendo game" (Star Fox Assault sucked)

You know what be awesome? If RARE made "insert Nintendo game" (Star Fox Adventures y'all)

You know what be awesome? If Capcom made "insert Nintendo game" (Director of Oracles/Minish Caps joins Nintendo and makes Skyward Sword and GAF hates it)

It is a never ending trend for the obsessive "x should make y" for no reason other than company worshipping. It doesn't always work. But still we will have to put up with the "OMG platinum should make this" and "OMG RETRO should make this' by the Nintendo community.

Actually I would be ok if Platinum's new home this gen is Nintendo. I honestly think they would have a better shot at selling well with Nintendo behind them.

Bayo 2 and Wonderful 101 show that they seem to be getting rather cozy of late.

This makes me really hope we get to see an Infinite Space 2 on the 3DS and even Vanquish 2 on the WiiU.

Maybe even give Platinum a crack at Metroid or have them revive an old franchise like Ice Climbers (How crazy would they make that?)

Gee

A few more exclusives like this and I might eventually bite the bullet on another Nintendo console. (2 P* games / Next Smash brothers / Mario, Zelda etc..)

Anteater

I like the idea of Platinum being more like ronin. If Nintendo is their lifeline, then so be it.

As long as they're able to keep making games, I just don't want them to suffer financially and stop making games or change their designs to appeal to a larger crowd.

TreIII

The fanboyism is strong in this thread.

List wars here we go baybee!

Good for Nintendo on reviving the game. I had my reservation and what was actually going on behind the scenes but this at least puts things in clearer perspective.

So Nintendo can you guys publish og DMC series too?

Oh, I would laugh for days on end if Capcom, as part of their Wii U/3DS being their "Japan strategy", announced DMC5 exclusively for the Wii U.

Kobayashi: "We consider this a better move for the franchise as a whole, since this will make sure the classic Dante that is loved in Japan will have a home, while we can continue to market the newer Dante on the consoles that are more popular in the West!"

Top Bottom