• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inazuma Eleven rights snatched in Europe, DS games coming in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

king zell

Raging Spaniard said:
Amazing news, I can finally stop playing Tecmo soccer for a soccer-rpg fix

stop playing this ripoff and go play the original Captain Tsubasa series from Tecmo on the SNES (SFC).

we need some new Captain Tsubasa games :(

Tenbatsu

I love Captain Tsubasa 2 and 3. After that the series is like going downhill...

The Konami GBA one was not bad.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
SpacePirate Ridley said:
But you dont like soccer :(
Or so it seems...

How many units did mario Strikers sold in USA?
Stop stereotyping us, you latte drinking European >:-|

ReyBrujo

I learned hiragana to write Captain Tsubasa passwords, although I kept most of them in coordinates for friends :D

jesusraz

SecretBonusPoint said:
Is Level-5 publishing it themselves or did Nintendo get a clue?
I'd say Nintendo will handle it, but no clue was given in the interview.

Kurosaki Ichigo - any chance of adding the interview link to the first post, please? :)

Hino. [...] As for the third one, The Last Time Travel, all the puzzles were created from scratch and there are none from Mr. Akira Tago's Atama-no-Taiso (Brain Exercises) books. I believe it has strengthened the tie between the story and the puzzles!
I really hope those damn chess and block-sliding puzzles were from Tago's book and will never appear in any Layton game again. D:<

jesusraz said:
I'd say Nintendo will handle it, but no clue was given in the interview.

Kurosaki Ichigo - any chance of adding the interview link to the first post, please? :)
Added.

Personally I also think it's hard to imagine anyone else but Nintendo handling the DS games. Maybe Namco Bandai who has some experience with licensing lots of products for franchises hitting tv, toys, games (DB, Ben10...). Oh well, so much better than worrying if it would come or not :p

jesusraz

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Added.

Personally I also think it's hard to imagine anyone else but Nintendo handling the DS games. Maybe Namco Bandai who has some experience with licensing lots of products for franchises hitting tv, toys, games (DB, Ben10...). Oh well, so much better than worrying if it would come or not :p
Thanks :) Yeah, NamBan could do it, but I just feel Nintendo has such a close bond with Level-5 now, it would be surprising if the two didn't hook up for IE.

I can see it now: "From the makers of Professor Layton!"

GhaleonQ

So, the 3-D Dot Heroes announcement pissed me off, because I thought I recalled that it bombed and successful stuff like Inazuma 11 didn't. Frustrated, I went to Atlus' forum to suggest that they localize this. I saw someone had suggested it, so I clicked on the topic.

HOW IN THE HELL DID I MISS THIS NEWS? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This was the best DS at the time of its release and the sequel might be a top 5 DS game to date.

GhaleonQ

Oh, and should I try the Captain Tsubasa games? I knew that they were similar, but I think I saw some bad reviews of the later ones and it looked like a forgettable extension of the manga/anime. The NES and SNES ones were good?

ethelred

GhaleonQ said:

Wait, what? This is a bit nonsensical. The game's sold under 700,000 copies... there are 300,000 floating around in retail right now? That's crazy. I mean, I have been, for a while now, a proponent of the idea that this game should most likely hit Hino's original goal of 800,000 copies and might even sail to platinum status on the strength of its longevity. But, to have shipped that at this point... er.

JaMarco

cw_sasuke said:
Huh ? Why would they be DSi exklusive when they the japanese version are standard ds games ?

So next year i`ll get DQ9, Inazuma 11 and Golden Sun 3 :D
Huh!? How do you know?

GhaleonQ

ethelred said:
Wait, what? This is a bit nonsensical. The game's sold under 700,000 copies... there are 300,000 floating around in retail right now? That's crazy. I mean, I have been, for a while now, a proponent of the idea that this game should most likely hit Hino's original goal of 800,000 copies and might even sail to platinum status on the strength of its longevity. But, to have shipped that at this point... er.

I don't follow sales at all and I'm not sure how much video games sales jump at the end of the year in Japan, but it's not charting anymore. Assuming that they want to make it through 900,000 (selling 30,000 or so a week before disappearing), is that unreasonable?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ethelred said:
As long as it's selling steadily enough for the price not to drop I don't see the problem.

ethelred

GhaleonQ said:
I don't follow sales at all and I'm not sure how much video games sales jump at the end of the year in Japan, but it's not charting anymore. Assuming that they want to make it through 900,000 (selling 30,000 or so a week before disappearing), is that unreasonable?

Well, I don't think it's unreasonable to sell in the neighborhood of 900,000 copies. But it'd be insane for them to have 300,000 copies unsold in retail. That's a lot. No store would want to have so many excess copies around that could lead to those kinds of numbers, because it would take up a lot of space and encourage them to start slashing prices to desperately get rid of the game. But it's also weird because that's such a huge glut of copies and I haven't heard anything to suggest the game is that cluttered in stores.

jj984jj said:
As long as it's selling steadily enough for the price not to drop I don't see the problem.

It's not selling steadily enough for 300k to be an acceptable number. Retailers panicked when Monster Hunter 3 looked like it wouldn't sell less than that number.

GhaleonQ

ethelred said:
Well, I don't think it's unreasonable to sell in the neighborhood of 900,000 copies. But it'd be insane for them to have 300,000 copies unsold in retail. That's a lot. No store would want to have so many excess copies around that could lead to those kinds of numbers, because it would take up a lot of space and encourage them to start slashing prices to desperately get rid of the game. But it's also weird because that's such a huge glut of copies and I haven't heard anything to suggest the game is that cluttered in stores.

And the J-League wrapped up a few weeks ago, the World Cup draws are done, so there's no soccer stuff in Japan for....a few months? That is weird, then, since there's no reason to barrage retailers.

duckroll

Since the thread got bumped...

ethelred said:
ethelred said:
It's not selling steadily enough for 300k to be an acceptable number. Retailers panicked when Monster Hunter 3 looked like it wouldn't sell less than that number.

Hino - 10, ethelred - 0

To be fair, it's probably Hino - 500, duckroll - 0 by now, if we're talking about success. The man really knows how to run his company and make money. Anyone who bets against him seems to not be having any luck. :lol

ethelred

duckroll said:
Since the thread got bumped...
Hino - 10, ethelred - 0

To be fair, it's probably Hino - 500, duckroll - 0 by now, if we're talking about success. The man really knows how to run his company and make money. Anyone who bets against him seems to not be having any luck. :lol

Yeah, it seemed so surprising at the time because the sales didn't seem high enough to justify that large a shipment. But I think I already gave my mea culpa in the Media Create thread when the weekly sales suddenly spiked to 100k one week. :lol "Oops, maybe it wasn't too large after all."

The game's performance is incredible, and I agree -- I've been saying for a long while that the dude is a genius at this publishing video games thing. People were betting against him when he said "we'd like to sell 800k, maybe a million of Inazuma Eleven 2," but I didn't! My only mistake was thinking it wasn't going to happen quite so quickly towards the end.

Can't wait to see how well Level-5 does with Little Battlers, Fantasy Life, and (especially) Ninokuni. Though I still think Ushiro, great as it looks, is a bit more niche than their other games... though it'll still probably do very well.

I hope GAF will forgive the bump, but I only just saw this thread when randomly googling "inazuma 11 ds english" to see if there was any news. Great news in here, but it's all months old. I see mentions of it coming out around the World Cup, which is less than a month away, but I can't find any newer info, or pre-order availability or anything encouraging like that.

Anyone know anything more current than January?

Xater

platypotamus said:
I hope GAF will forgive the bump, but I only just saw this thread when randomly googling "inazuma 11 ds english" to see if there was any news. Great news in here, but it's all months old. I see mentions of it coming out around the World Cup, which is less than a month away, but I can't find any newer info, or pre-order availability or anything encouraging like that.

DAMN YOU!

I thought something was happening with this. At this point I have a feeling that they licenced the game and realized how late to the game they are. With numer 3 coming out in Japan soon and the 3DS on the horizon.

Jucksalbe

Banned
And here I thought there would be actual news.
I can't imagine they will make it until the World Cup. There have been absolutely no news about it since the announcement. :(

farnham

Banned
:D :D :D

YES!

platypotamus said:

thanks for bumping it.. i wouldnt have known otherwise :D :D

Well, there's actually some good news, just nothing on the games yet.

But Arait has a website for the franchise up, you can read quite a bit on the anime, characterers, merchandising but it doesn't anything about the DS games release in Europe:
http://www.inazumaeleven.tv/

And a few spanish tv channels are promoting the anime series already (FDF Telecinco, Disney XD...). This website says first episode airs on 24 May at 19:50 and will be running from monday to friday in Disney XD:
http://www.animecion.es/?p=4711

One of the biggest magazines covering anime had a good blowout on the anime in their latest issue with a free DVD:
http://www.revistadibus.com/dibus122/
Small look at a page from that magazine:
34quw7t.jpg

Its nothing concrete about the games, but the anime series airing is pretty good news.

Oxx

Only 26 days until the World Cup starts...

If they were planning to ride the football/soccer hype-train they're cutting it a bit fine.

Xater

Oxx said:
Only 26 days until the World Cup starts...

If they were planning to ride the football/soccer hype-train they're cutting it a bit fine.

I really really doubt the game will see a release alongside the WC. If that was the case we would have already heard something.

Oxx

It would probably be fitting if Nintendo Europe/America do end up publishing the games outside of Japan.

They've done a pretty good job with the Layton series (in Europe at least) and the complete lack of information and inexplicable gap between the Japanese release and the western one so smell of classic Nintendo.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Day one, been looking forward to this game for awhile.
Now 7th dragon needs to come next.:D

duckroll

Lafiel said:
Day one, been looking forward to this game for awhile.
Now 7th dragon needs to come next.:D

Hope you realize the thread is 6 months old, and it doesn't seem like the games have been announced at all. No publisher has announced anything, and it's just the anime that's getting a release in Europe right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom