• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games 2015 [August] Now Voting - Post #333!

Moobabe

Songbringer - PC
ss_60b57267766d4c90708b09fd292932f1ff8ee3b6.600x338.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/367080/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_9

A Zelda-like action-adventure-RPG in which you can explore over 300 million worlds overflowing with evil. Along the way you will uncover long lost devices and combine them into powerful artifacts. If you are skilled with the nanosword you will vanquish giants and save a planet from being overrun.

Having a cheeky browse through the upcoming games and saw this - Baddy you must have heard of it? It's got a really similar art style to Crawl.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So this has just come out:

Way of Gold and Steel - £4.99 (PC)

One of you must have been tracking this? Or maybe even played it? I'm tempted to dive in given the low price.

Looks like my kind of game, but I'd really be interested to know if the dev is planning to keep working on it, as it seems to have quite some kinks left to work out according to the impressions I can see on Steam.

Moobabe

Looks like my kind of game, but I'd really be interested to know if the dev is planning to keep working on it, as it seems to have quite some kinks left to work out according to the impressions I can see on Steam.

There's only one way to find out!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
There's only one way to find out!

Waiting until someone researches if the devs already commented on it, and then shoots the devs a mail about future plans?

:p

Bought Invisible Inc.

Man, that is a haaaaard game to follow. So many icons and other things in the way of what you need to be looking at. It's been pretty cool aside from that though, apart from when it throws stuff at you that you can't possibly have planned for which sort of feels against the spirit of the game. Enjoying it though.

Volume - $19.99 (PC, Mac)
Grab+3840x2160+Friday+May+29+2015+16_17_37.jpg

http://www.volumegame.net/

Narrative stealth action from award-winning game designer Mike Bithell. Enter the Volume to halt the corruption of Gisborne Industries and train the masses to rob from the rich in this reimagining of the Robin Hood legend.
Locksley doesn't kill. That would be far too easy. Instead, he commits his crimes through stealth. Sneaking, distracting, avoiding. As he grows in popularity and notoriety, so will his inventory. An arsenal of gadgets await discovery in a quest to rob from the rich and give to the unheard.

Highway Fight Squad - PC, Mac, Linux
Highway-fight-squad-game.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501220845

Highway Fight Squad is a physics based game about completing levels by jumping on trucks driven by completely crazy drivers.
The gameplay is overflowing with crazy situations.
Seeing that the truck you're standing on has taken a way too sharp turn and is about to flip over, forcing you to make a leap to another more stable truck. This is just one of the many situations you will have to deal with in Highway Fight Squad.

Believe it or not, but lovers in a dangerous spacetime finally got a release date. 9th of September on both steam and x-box...woo-hoo!
(Only got my phone for the next 24h, if anyone bothers making a proper post for this game, it deserves it)
Finally! Been wondering when it was coming out

Man, really tempted because it looks gorgeous, but I'm not much of a couch co-op guy, so I'd be playing solo with the AI

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - September 9th (PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One)
2_Missiles.jpg

http://www.loversinadangerousspacetime.com/

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is a frantic 1- or 2-player couch co-op action space shooter set in a massive neon battleship. Only through teamwork can you triumph over the evil forces of Anti-Love, rescue kidnapped space-bunnies, and avoid a vacuumy demise. Deep space is a dangerous place, but you don’t have to face it alone!

Peqoud - What a surprise for this month, I remember playing some flash game a long time ago with the idea though this one controls a lot more well. The game has a very arcadeish feel, as you destroy the ships you build a meter that will spawn the boss for the level, while the scenery is simple the ships design are very diverse and each one has different attacks. As you progress you can buy upgrades or find them by destroying a certain ship that will always drop a treasure chest.

Ugh, had to refund Zombi. Couldn't even leave Uplay, game would just crash

Works out I guess, was an impulse buy anyway. Maybe I should get Volume instead...

Any impressions of Volume here?

Nabs

Velocity 2X is now out on Steam! Can't do a post because I'm on my phone.

You should all get this. It's fantastic.

I can't see myself spending 20 on it. I kind of liked the first game, but not enough to jump on the sequel at full price.

Velocity 2X - $19.99 (PC)
ss_dcfaf5b1ed5979da86cebb0e4de76545dbc58629.600x338.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/337180/

Abducted by a race of hostile aliens, Lt. Kai Tana must use her quick reflexes and the teleporting power of the Quarp Jet to free her fellow prisoners and find a way home. Swapping back and forth between top-down vertical shoot ‘em up and side-scrolling action platformer, Velocity 2X blends two unique styles of fast-paced, frenetic gameplay into one incredible experience.

Galactic Keep - $3.99 (IOS)
8.jpg

http://www.galactickeep.com/

Galactic Keep is a sci-fi, tabletop-styled, role-playing game. Investigate exquisite maps in a richly described world, free to roam where you want, exploring at your own pace, for hours!

Relic Hunters Zero - FREE (Win, Mac)
ss_405eb7be78c0d6affe6931e44960f53d69c985fe.1920x1080.jpg

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/s...e44960f53d69c985fe.1920x1080.jpg?t=1439909690

Relic Hunters Zero is a FREE game about shooting evil space ducks and evil space turtles with tiny cute guns. It’s fast, it’s tactical, and feels delicious and smooth to play. Unlock new weapons, characters and relics to defeat the Ducan Commander.

Velocity 2X is now out on Steam! Can't do a post because I'm on my phone.

You should all get this. It's fantastic.

Nice to see it finally on PC but it's pricey for me right now.

Toma

I love you for these threads, Toma.

Wouldnt be able to keep them up alone anymore, all the other posters in here deserve a huge thanks. Also, feel free to post a bit more in here from time to time as well, we need community interaction to keep these threads alive :)

Pequode grabed me, simple game with simple mechanics but it's really well done. The upgrades you find during the gameplay are very varied and I'm sure I haven't found all of them. Another thing that I didn't payed attention before were the phrases that appear during the start of a new chapter and helps to bring some flavor to the game.

Moobabe

I can't see myself spending 20 on it. I kind of liked the first game, but not enough to jump on the sequel at full price.

Nice to see it finally on PC but it's pricey for me right now.

Damn - I didn't realise it was that much. I got free on PS+ so never really clocked the price.

So I played some Fingered last night. It's ok. You basically have a witness who gives you four hints; they were tall, they were rich, they were bald and then you choose who, from a lineup, you want to send to the chair.

It gets a little more complex later on as clues become more cryptic or witnesses become less reliable. Also if you punch in your name it gives you your mugshot, crime and punishment.

There seem to be a lot of days going by how many achievements there are so I can only assume it gets more complicated as you go. For the price? Give it a shot - got the same humour you would expect from the team.

Eerie.

Megasphere is releasing on Steam Early Access on August 25th
And there will be a demo (definitely through itch.io, maybe not on Steam)

imRfK0n.gif

Moobabe

imRfK0n.gif

That looks fantastic.

In bundle news - this "Killer" bundle is pretty good

theHunter: Primal
A Story About My Uncle (which I thought was great)
Godus (YMMV)
Sudeki (classic xbox game)
The Sun and Moon (which is ace)

And then some stuff I've never heard of

Overture
Of Guards and Thieves
Lemma
The Silent Age
Hero of the Kingdom

That looks fantastic.

In bundle news - this "Killer" bundle is pretty good

theHunter: Primal
A Story About My Uncle (which I thought was great)
Godus (YMMV)
Sudeki (classic xbox game)
The Sun and Moon (which is ace)

And then some stuff I've never heard of

Overture
Of Guards and Thieves
Lemma
The Silent Age
Hero of the Kingdom
Lemma is okay. It's first person parkour, in an abstract dimension. Fun for what it is, but not going to replace Mirror's Edge any time soon. Shame the dev's Kickstarter didn't succeed, game would have really benefited from better animations

The Silent Age is a point-n-click adventure set across two timelines, and you can seamless switch between them to solve puzzles

Moobabe

New releases. Goodbye money.

Viridi - Free (PC)
ss_4541741607d788a199cc4b64d2de676a88862c7e.600x338.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/375950/

Nurture a small pot of succulents that grow in real time. Viridi is a safe haven, a place you can return to for a moment of peace and quiet whenever you need it.

Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power - £14.99 (PC)
ss_0494186641a743e6ef16c5d6a6260b6b47aead95.600x338.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319910/

Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is a platforming game of action, puzzles and adventure, and the sequel to the award winning Trine and Trine 2. Reunite with the three heroes in an all-new adventure, now for the first time in full 3D!

Shadowrun: Hong Kong - £14.99 (PC)
ss_f7beb7e5194a85da47756e2ba83e26e38f10a567.600x338.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346940/

Shadowrun: Hong Kong is the third standalone game in Harebrained Schemes’ critically-acclaimed Shadowrun cRPG series. Experience the most impressive Shadowrun yet with an all new crew, expanded magic and cyberware, a revamped Matrix, an upgraded Shadowrun Editor, and much more!

imRfK0n.gif

I've been anticipating this game for a while because of the gifs you post, but today I finally went to watch proper video footage of it and found that the sound effects didn't live up to what I always imagined in my head. Funny how that works.

It's getting serious...

RymdResa - £8.99 (PC)

Nice! But all these games releasing in almost the same timeframe is just too bad to my wallet. :(

Capybara Games is celebrating their 10th anniversary with a Steam sale: The Capy Bundle.

Good bundle, but except for M&M:Clash of Heroes I own all of them.

New releases. Goodbye money.

Viridi - Free (PC)

Shadowrun: Hong Kong - £14.99 (PC)

I'm very interested in VIridi and I may get Shadownrun: Hong Kong when I finish Dragonfall.

Top Bottom