• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games [October] Now Voting - Post 1253!

I haven't actually? Is there a link anywhere?
It's a quote from somewhere on Reddit or GAF, I forget exactly where

Here's the quote:
SUPERHOT can go many directions and we would like to take all those roads. Imagine a shootout in a hectic car traffic - where you have to avoid cars and bullets. Imagine a shootout in a building being demolished, with everything falling in slow motion. We want more then rooms with people and I hope that we can deliver that.

Moobabe

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Aeternum - $2.99 (XBLIG, and now on PC)
2XvOZRt.jpg

http://wastedbrilliance.com/games/aeternum/

Horizontal bullet hell shooter full of wacky characters in a magical school setting—but if you're not into that last half, there's an option to turn off all dialogue. 5 difficulty settings ranging from Easy to Lunatic. Peppy soundtrack. Strap on the wings of demon schoolgirl Ellica and fly off in search of your missing best friend.

I've had my eye on this one since before its XBLIG release. Kinda hoping it's not an IGS store exclusive; I'd be fine buying it from them but would like a Desura key for organization's sake.

I guess this doesn't totally fit here anymore, but Capcom released a new Dustforce trailer. It makes me feel good knowing that so many more people will get to experience it.

More_Badass: I just wanted to keep you updated and let you know that Audiosurf 2 got rid of their online requirements. It still has a long ways to go, but it'll be in great shape by launch.

I'm actually Let's Playing Dustforce right now, so this is awesome. So is the game; hard as balls at times but I keep coming back for more.

Feep

Banned
Hey, guys! Normally I post all my stuff over in the Indie Game Dev Thread, but I figured this was a significant enough milestone to post over here.

We've completed our vertical slice, our first representation of proper gameplay! Thought I'd post this video here, and see what you guys think. <3

(plz be nice kthx)

There Came an Echo

Moobabe

Hey, guys! Normally I post all my stuff over in the Indie Game Dev Thread, but I figured this was a significant enough milestone to post over here.

We've completed our vertical slice, our first representation of proper gameplay! Thought I'd post this video here, and see what you guys think. <3

(plz be nice kthx)

There Came an Echo

Looking REALLY good man.

Edit - Noticed the jump, roll and slide animation you showed off in the dev thread, so slick!

alllen

Neo Member
The Stanley Parable demo was hilarious. Leap of polish from the mod to this demo of the final product is not as large as I would have thought. Still feels very Source mod-ish, if that makes any sense. A few reused assets, and it doesn't shake that general Source 'feel'.

But no big deal, still a good looking game and at least it's better looking than the previous incarnation. Should be great, really looking forward to it.

I suggest anyone interested to check out the demo. As far as I can tell it's a separate experience, and not actually 'cut out' from the game.

(plz be nice kthx)

There Came an Echo
Very nice. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this, gameplay looks like a lot of fun

(plz be nice kthx)

There Came an Echo

It looks cool!

I meant to post about Darkest Dungeon in this thread but seems I've been beaten to it.

This week has been busy busy with actually making it. Anyways, I hope people are liking what they see!
Jesus, another GAFfer/indie dev making an awesome game? Was it you or someone else on your team who commented on my Twitter post about the game?

Not me. Must of been one of the other guys.
Joining GAF last year was the best decision I ever made, this community is indie gamer heaven. And yes the entire concept sounds amazing

Any chance you could say what the KS tier prices will be (or at least if there will be tiers less than $20)? Need to make sure I have enough $$ for it

Oh, and which dev are you? The art style is awesome

We're still a ways from any Kickstarter so I don't think that's figured out yet. I'm not the guy who handles the excel spreadsheets though.

I'm the programmer.
I see.

And so you're the guy who's coding all the complex systems and mechanics? Awesome, wish I could do stuff like that. Keep up the great work, I think Darkest Dungeon is going to be something special

klinkcow

Neo Member

(plz be nice kthx)

There Came an Echo

Holy Crap, this looks great!

Please tell me one of your influences is Red Storm's classic : Shadow Watch

Either way, super excited!

Have you guys heard of Koya Rift? It was released a few years ago, it's on Greenlight. I have it in my review queue. It's pretty fun, kind of a bullet hell rogue-"lite", You explore these randomly generated caverns and collect power-ups that do things like grant you a shield or drone reinforcements or the ability to phase through walls. Your drones level up and your guns have randomly assigned specs such as homing bullets or rounds that can pass through walls or spread shot. Enemy designs are nice too. Coolest thing is that you telekinetically control your guns so instead of holding on shooting, your guy just raises his arm and the gun fires in that direction. Just looks kind of badass

Some issues are that there's no map (unless I'm overlooking it) and that you have to continuously return to the surface to restore health if you're low, which can get annoying. It's meant to played in short bursts, so extended play can get kind of repetitive

This month has been very busy for me, almost 1/3 of it is gone and I didn't played much of the OP games. :( Also it doesn't help that I've been playing a lot of Terraria lately, I didn't hink this kind of game could get me hooked.

Kenshi just got a nice update, first and foremost adding sound (that's kind of important)

FEATURES:
-Audio! Sound! Music! Sound effects will be added to further in future updates.
-Armour crafting
-Overhaul to armour and stats.
-11 new hats and helmets.
-New game start-off: "Rock Bottom"
-New character orders:
-Non-combat mode: Character only fights for self-defence
-Taunt mode: Character attracts more of the enemy attackers
-Chase mode: Disabling this stops a character from chasing after fleeing enemies

---

And on the Ethan Meteor Hunter front:
The platforming and pausing mechanic is cool and a lot of fun, even if the jumping is a bit clunky, but that's a thousands time better than stupid areas that try to change up the gameplay and don't offer checkpoints. F#%king eighth time on a Doodle Jump style area and there are no checkpoints. All I want to do is get back to the platforming....

rybrad

Wasn't Wasteland Kings Vlambeer's game from the last Mojam?
Yep and they liked it so much they decided to make a full game out of it. They have been doing regular steams of the development on Twitch as well. The name change, interestingly enough, is because inXile bitched about it being too similar to Wasteland.

Moobabe

Just wrapped (and drafted) an interview with a dev - does anyone want to cast a critical/editorial eye over it? I find it pretty difficult to distance myself from my work as I'm writing it.

Just wrapped (and drafted) an interview with a dev - does anyone want to cast a critical/editorial eye over it? I find it pretty difficult to distance myself from my work as I'm writing it.
Not much of an editor, but I'm interested. Anything specific you want critiqued?

Nuclear Throne is so good, you guys. I've been playing an earlier prototype from this year's MOJAM when it was called Wasteland Kings. It's nice to see the beginnings of a final version.

Possibly the best demo that's ever been. I've put my family through it without telling any of them what to expect and the reactions were always golden.
The demo(nstration) had tons of character and wit and was amazing at how it subverts and plays with player expectations but is that what the final game will be? Like a more abstract, more interactive Deat Esther, essentially? Will there be actual puzzles to interact with?

Hofmann

Possibly the best demo that's ever been. I've put my family through it without telling any of them what to expect and the reactions were always golden.

It's quite good, but obviously lacking in emotional department. Only 2 booths, jeez - Beyond has like 27 of them.

I loved those Thirty Flights of Loving like cuts from the ending of the demo. More games should use this technique, of course when it's beneficial for the story's deliverance.

Top Bottom