• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

batsnacks

Kawl might be The Godfather pretty often. Town shouldn't be thinking they're at a big disadvantage.

Thinking town is at a big disadvantage is definitely the mindset of a godfather that got cleared d1. Also telling town to make an insanely bad gamble wrt CCS.

batsnacks

Also for saying there shouldn't be additional investigative roles. Exactly the kind of info cleared Godfather wants circulating.

Also for saying there shouldn't be additional investigative roles. Exactly the kind of info cleared Godfather wants circulating.
I wouldn't be surprised to see an investigative role like a tracker but not another cop. But making grand Godfather claims on D2 is really, really dumb and waste of everyone's time since getting him lynched today is pretty much a non-starter.

batsnacks

I wouldn't be surprised to see an investigative role like a tracker but not another cop. But making grand Godfather claims on D2 is really, really dumb and waste of everyone's time since getting him lynched today is pretty much a non-starter.
The lynch today is basically decided fmpov so I'm just talking about other stuff. I agree Kawl is very obviously never the lynch today.

cabot

Don't really see why batsnacks being open is a thing to shut down.

He's quite clearly going for CCS today.

Day 2 Votes

isaacnukem (0)
cabot 988 (1091)
batsnacks 1008 (1127)

bronx-man (1)
flame_ac 1049

ccs (4)
kyanrute 1050 (1123)
cabot 1091
batsnacks 1127
zippedpinhead 1159
bronx-man 1230

cabot (1)
*splinter 1119

*splinter (1)
blargonaut 1158

skyodin (1)
kawl_usc 1196

Day 2 ends:
pin_1502229600.png

Automated vote tally here

10 is majority

Please remember the 10 post per day :mad:

Kawl_USC

Don't really see why batsnacks being open is a thing to shut down.

He's quite clearly going for CCS today.
Batsnacks being open with ridiculous ideas like me being a god father is actively bad. He's word carries more weight than everyone with town in this game. Going off with bull shit statements in his style which vastly over states the reasonable confidence he can have in his stances is harmful.

It's day 2, and we are down 4 towns people, 3 of which are PRs. That's about as bad of a situation that you can be in this early. Although to be fair I did misremembered and thought this was a 19 or 20 player game versus 23 which makes it not quite doomsday level yet. However lynching not scum again, which is how most people interpret a ccs lynch today, and having two more kills happen puts us in an absolutely atrocious spot.

Saying not lynching ccs today is on the level of self voting or fake cop claim is absolute garbage as well. News flash just cause we don't lynch him today doesn't mean we can't tomorrow if our available information changes

cabot

Batsnacks being open with ridiculous ideas like me being a god father is actively bad. He's word carries more weight than everyone with town in this game. Going off with bull shit statements in his style which vastly over states the reasonable confidence he can have in his stances is harmful.

It's day 2, and we are down 4 towns people, 3 of which are PRs. That's about as bad of a situation that you can be in this early. Although to be fair I did misremembered and thought this was a 19 or 20 player game versus 23 which makes it not quite doomsday level yet. However lynching not scum again, which is how most people interpret a ccs lynch today, and having two more kills happen puts us in an absolutely atrocious spot.

Saying not lynching ccs today is on the level of self voting or fake cop claim is absolute garbage as well. News flash just cause we don't lynch him today doesn't mean we can't tomorrow if our available information changes

Our available information is distorted by CCS being alive.

Kawl_USC

Kawl did say this isn't the kind of he would do as town... and I agree.
No I said if you didn't understand how I think you would find yourself surprised. People who think I just always advocate for the most immediately logical and safe path rather actually having a system of thought that usually comes to that conclusion would be surprised to see me opting for a riskier play.

I really wish we wouldn't fight. Think of the children bats

batsnacks

No I said if you didn't understand how I think you would find yourself surprised. People who think I just always advocate for the most immediately logical and safe path rather actually having a system of thought that usually comes to that conclusion would be surprised to see me opting for a riskier play.

I really wish we wouldn't fight. Think of the children bats
I'm not the one fighting mr godfather!

Kawl did say this isn't the kind of he would do as town... and I agree.
And cabot just claimed his PR for no reason at all. And Bronx is not playing the same way he played in previous games. I pray that you aren't playing the same way that you usually play because you don't have to convince anybody of your intentions.

If you are going to cast suspicion on everybody that disagrees with you then we gonna be in for long freaking game with 12 scum members.

Kawl_USC

I'm not the person to talk to IF you're town. That sort of goes for everyone. I'm going to constantly say what I think all the time with no fear of backlash and it doesn't matter to me if anyone thinks I should play different.
As conftown, You have a responsibility to town to at least try to be more reasonable than normal.

Doing otherwise is just selfish.

cabot

Give me a break kawl your top town splinter has yet to respond to my points about Waffle and Zeusy, which I did respond to in detail.

His claims have come from points without hard quotes, and he was right about overconfidence. It’s easy to be overconfident as a commuter, thats the way to play the role.

I didn’t like how you just accepted his argument without question.

Kawl_USC

*kawl, a "townie"*: Let's not lynch the role that hurts town; I usually wouldn't say this as town.
"Here we see a townsperson's crippling inability to read severely hurt his factions chances at winning in a game of mafia. Truly tragic." - Steve Irwin, presumably

cabot

Also he can’t be scum cause He was defending CCS is crap.

He already said his plan is dependent on CCS playing to the optimal resolution, something which I’ve seen time and again to be a faulty premise.

cabot

Can we stop sniping the confirmed town and start going for ones we don't know about.

Remember when Isaac popped in and said some useless things without actually giving an opinion?

Kawl_USC

Give me a break kawl your top town splinter has yet to respond to my points about Waffle and Zeusy, which I did respond to in detail.

His claims have come from points without hard quotes, and he was right about overconfidence. It’s easy to be overconfident as a commuter, thats the way to play the role.

I mean I don't really give a shit about waffle or zeusy? And I think this witch stuff is fertile ground enough to pull a read off between the two or you?

Why is the back and forth regarding the two coasting noobs some how a more important interaction?

cabot

Bronx has a vote at least, bit otherwise is now purely shit posting.

Waffle said there was a lot of information and then proceeded to not way anything.

Zeusy used an emoji.

zipped trusts me because I disagreed with batsnacks

Oa uh doesn't think our wincon covers CCS.

cabot

I mean I don't really give a shit about waffle or zeusy? And I think this witch stuff is fertile ground enough to pull a read off between the two or you?

Why is the back and forth regarding the two coasting noobs some how a more important interaction?

Because it wasn't true. I was accused of suggesting to lynch them which isn't true.

It's ok I understand. You both want to keep a liar alive. There's no reasonable behaviour here

Kalor

Vote: SkyOdin

I don't have a vote down so should get one down. Looking at the player list Sky is the only one that sticks out. I understand the CCS vote but I think its the wrong move today.

CCS

Banned
Bronx has a vote at least, bit otherwise is now purely shit posting.

Waffle said there was a lot of information and then proceeded to not way anything.

Zeusy used an emoji.

zipped trusts me because I disagreed with batsnacks

Oa uh doesn't think our wincon covers CCS.

It doesn't. My PM explicitly says I can win with either side.

Kawl_USC

Because it wasn't true. I was accused of suggesting to lynch them which isn't true.

It's ok I understand. You both want to keep a liar alive. There's no reasonable behaviour here
We have no proof that ccs has lied at all this game. In fact my usual gripe with ccs is that he tells the truth too much too soon for towns own good.

What was that about not sniping at confirmed town again?

batsnacks

A witch redirect of a scum kill can out scum and can have scum kill scum. So actually no I'd say witch is more dangerous.
The witch is correctly guessing 2 scum members AND correctly guessing which scum is making the kill in this hypothetical situation that basically never happens. CCS is actually just mafia way more often than this ever happens.

The witch hurting town happens a LOT more often, that's why town lynches witches.

CCS

Banned
The witch is correctly guessing 2 scum members AND correctly guessing which scum is making the kill in this hypothetical situation that basically never happens. CCS is actually just mafia way more often than this ever happens.

The witch hurting town happens a LOT more often, that's why town lynches witches.

Pls don't say things that aren't true.

Is bad

Kawl_USC

Or just guesses which scum made the kill and notices the kill was on the person they redirected too. Aka work as a cop shot

*Splinter

Eh? I don't remember anything that needed a response.

Did I really need to get quotes? I think you did it yourself even.

And the "commuter should be overconfident" excuse is weird. You're claiming the overconfidence was an intentional thing and I can't think of a reason to fake that.

Top Bottom