• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son - New Info!

Moxx19

Banned
I honestly don't mind uses of the touch pad if its a way of giving us more powers to use without overloading the controller with weird commands.

inF1 and 2 had 30fps unlocked. They'll follow the same suite here, albeit at a higher resolution.

Remember with Infamous 2 there were really odd, infrequent moments where the game jumped to 60 FPS while climbing. Such pleasure for those short moments :D

Moxx19

Banned
He should have the ability to turn into a cloud of smoke and enter an enemy's lungs and suffocate them. Kind of like in that fight in DBZ with Vegito and Gohan Buu.

This is what I was talking about:

buu-fills-vegito-o.gif

Okay, so this is how they are making sense of everything story wise going forward.

While this ending seemed fairly conclusive, the RFI device wasn’t as thorough as players were initially led to believe. According to Sucker Punch, Conduits who were further away from the RFI’s blast radius weren’t completely “cured,” so there are still a number of less-powerful Conduits and Conduits who didn’t know they had powers scattered across the globe.

Ri'Orius

Okay, so this is how they are making sense of everything story wise going forward.

Yeah, about what I expected. Still a pretty disappointing retcon (the I2 ending seemed pretty conclusive: the potential conduit in Africa croaks but Delsin and the various baddies in this game all live?), but I guess that's what happens when you write yourself into a corner like that.

Still wish they'd gone with the evil ending, though. Instead of having to retcon conduits into a world where they'd supposedly all been killed, we'd have a game in a post-apocalyptic setting where all the normals are dead and everyone's a conduit. Now that's a game I'd get mad hyped for.

Heck, I'd've preferred if they'd just done a full alternate universe thing. Or maybe set it in (I1 spoilers)
the original timeline, before Kessler changed things
; they've got plenty of room to improvise what's going on there. Anything but "whoops, guess it left a bunch of conduits alive after all!"

The purpose wasn't to kill all conduits. It was to kill the Beast and end the plague. Cole's death was not in vain.

It was supposed to be over. It was nothing but a temporary fix. Conduits still exist, and they are still being persecuted even after the end of I2. As far as this universe is concerned, regular people and conduits can't co-exist in any meaningful or peaceful way. This isn't X-Men. Somebody has to go, and the endings of I2 understood that.

Kouichi

It was supposed to be over. It was nothing but a temporary fix. Conduits still exist, and they are still being persecuted even after the end of I2. As far as this universe is concerned, regular people and conduits can't co-exist in any meaningful or peaceful way. This isn't X-Men. Somebody has to go, and the endings of I2 understood that.

Whether that is true or not doesn't matter because it was not the reason Cole used the RFI. If Cole could have ended the plague and kill the Beast without having to kill all conduits, then he would have. The RFI was not created because conduits and humans don't get along.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
After beating inFAMOUS 2, I pretty much expected the Good Ending to be the canonical one going forward. I just assumed that the RFI didn't kill every Conduit.

I'm super pumped for Second Son.

Also, that raven(?) logo is really awesome. I'm wondering if the Raven one, and the Hand one, are for "Evil Delsin," and "Good Delsin" respectively? Kind of like Cole's good and evil tattoos in I2.

I'm not denying that. It's more the implications of what exactly it cause past the immediate situation. I ultimately sacrificed Cole to help people, and people are still messing over Conduits. That is a problem. The shizz is likely to hit the fan again, and this new guy doesn't seem to possess canon Cole's benevolence. I'm just a skeptic and think that choice to
rid the world of the plague and the beast could potentially lead to an even worse scenario than when the beast was on his run down the east coast.

Spinluck

I'm really liking Delsin's design.

Even with the punk rock, teen angst feel. He looks really cool. And the smoke powers compliment his look really well.

Himself

I don't find Delsin's origin story as intriguing as Cole's so I hope there's more to it.

Which ending from the first game is considered canon? Hype for SS has me playing through it again.

i-Lo

The karma system needs to improve to include powers that can accessible for players who make middle of the road choices. Dichotomy has been a limiting factor.

I don't find Delsin's origin story as intriguing as Cole's so I hope there's more to it.

Which ending from the first game is considered canon? Hype for SS has me playing through it again.

The good one.

Ri'Orius

I mean, apparently there's an outbreak of conduits in Seattle, and something had to have caused that. Hopefully not another Ray Sphere, but presumably something triggered their activation.

Mario007

It's mindblowing how little attention this game is getting from the press. It looks fucking incredible. The first real next gen game.

Ploid 3.0

Super powers in that world, please be able to fly, run fast, and jump high! Off screen and small screen but still looks promising.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This is on the back of Delsin jacket

I like it!

I'm calling it now. That is a modified yin and a yang symbol and when you choose to be good or bad it changes accordingly. The more the white side fills with red, the more evil you have become, and visa versa

yin+and+yang.jpg

Oppo

I'm calling it now. That is a modified yin and a yang symbol and when you choose to be good or bad it changes accordingly. The more the white side fills with red, the more evil you have become, and visa versa

I called that ages ago. I even did a dumb little photoshop mockup of it jokingly (Mass Effect glowing symbol style). I'd dig it up but I'm on mobile atm.

Edit - thank you Tweetbot

https://twitter.com/Nerfgun/status/356902904587763713

wwY5CVA.jpg

Top Bottom