• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

hal9001

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how does the map size compare to other open world games? Also can you actually visit everything you see on the distant horizon like Sucker Punch said?

SilentFlyer

I just finished the story on good. I'm not sure if I want to 100% on my good or evil play through. I'm not going to start my evil one until the day one patch, though.

Is it possible to gain all powers in single run? Or it has to be 2 plays? (Good and Evil)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how does the map size compare to other open world games? Also can you actually visit everything you see on the distant horizon like Sucker Punch said?

It's split into 2 Islands and Yes everything you can see in the distance, you can go to. Except like the mountains and forested areas and stuff lol.

erawsd

Well I just got to 100% on my good playthrough.

Total Time: Approximately 19 hours.

Now to play through again on Evil at the Expert difficulty level :).

Hmm.. folks in the other thread are saying 10hrs to 100% it. Thats a huge disparity. Did you mess around in the world a lot?

SilentFlyer

Yes the powers are the same. The only difference is the upgrades you can get for each power.

That's great. So you won't miss any power? Although gonna play good first and hard on higher difficulty. One more question though, is any power locked behind the side you take (Good or Evil) or just the upgrades?

Darksol

Ha!

Still this game seems very polish.

polish_welcome.jpg

?

...I'm not seeing it.

That's great. Although gonna play good first and hard on higher difficulty. One more question though, is any power locked behind the side you take (Good or Evil) or just the upgrades?

Just the upgrades. That would have been awesome though :(. The Karma system in general in this game disappointed me. It would have been cool if there were Karma specific powers.

Theecliff

Banned
I think a compromise that suits everyone would be linking, rather than embedding, non-spoiler images in this thread.
I second this notion. There's definitely already been some pictures in this thread of places that I didn't even know you could explore and haven't explicitly been shown in trailers/media. I'd rather not have some of that stuff spoiled in here.

VanWinkle

I'm really disappointed in the length of a non-100% playthrough we're hearing. I was hoping, and honestly expecting, it would be 15-20 hours.

Saberus

I'm really disappointed in the length of a non-100% playthrough we're hearing. I was hoping, and honestly expecting, it would be 15-20 hours.

Well for some it was 14 hours..nothing to be disappointed about.. and you can play through again Good/Evil.

viveks86

But there is a second playthrough with a different story, power upgrades and play style. It is a 20 hour game at the minimum!

spoonman

Banned
When did Amazon stop shipping the pre-order to estimate the release date? It's showing my order won't ship until Friday.
The last few games I pre-ordered shipped early and arrived on release day.

When did Amazon stop shipping the pre-order to estimate the release date? It's showing my order won't ship until Friday.
The last few games I pre-ordered shipped early and arrived on release day.
If you want a pre-order to arrive on release day you have to select two-day shipping.

Alienous

Any non-solicited spoilers are best left in the spoiler thread, tagged or not, I'd say.

If someone asks a specific question that might be a 'spoiler', then replying in tags shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

Torraz

This is 60 dollars on the US PSN store, right? Dont think I would bite for 70 euro, but I think the hype would force me to preorder at US prices.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I was just destroying random DUP walls that were on a roof. They fell to the ground and killed a civilian, lol.

viveks86

looks like the crime scene was located.

Yup! All the yellow between the incisors clearly indicates the the victim was attacked by a blunt toothbrush!

This is 60 dollars on the US PSN store, right? Dont think I would bite for 70 euro, but I think the hype would force me to preorder at US prices.

Yes. $60. And there seems to be a $10 cash back offer this week (or month?). So it's essentially $50 for me.

viveks86

I wonder how different it really is. I have no idea.

Yeah we will really need to wait for someone to finish both sides to find out. Don't lose heart just yet :)

Also, the game is going to force you to play differently. You will not get the karmic bombs if you aren't accurate during the good playthrough or fast during the evil play through. And if you play it on expert, I'm pretty sure you are going to need it.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Yeah we will really need to wait for someone to finish both sides to find out. Don't lose heart just yet :)

Also, the game is going to force you to play differently. You will not get the karmic bombs if you aren't accurate during the good playthrough or fast during the evil play through. And if you play it on expert, I'm pretty sure you are going to need it.

I'm 33% through on expert for my evil playthrough and it's unbelievably easy to get get karma bombs relative to good.

The Llama

I want to wait until after the review embargo is lifted to digitally preorder this, will I still be able to (since the embargo lifts the day before its released)? Never digitally preordered something on the PSN store so I don't know if they ever stop letting you preorder.

Theecliff

Banned
Whats the cheapest any UK gaffers have found? And where are the usual UK places that ship b4 release?
fords posted this earlier:
£40 at Tesco (or £50 Beanie Edition) with code TDX-PR4N seems to be the best price around.

If you've already used a £10 off £50 new customer code before, just create another account using a different email address to use the code.

Also, it's worth noting that they charge on order placement and you'll most likely get the game on Friday instead of a day or two early like you might from other places, just in case that affects your purchasing decision.
I think this is what I'm going to do.

Charcoal

I want to wait until after the review embargo is lifted to digitally preorder this, will I still be able to (since the embargo lifts the day before its released)? Never digitally preordered something on the PSN store so I don't know if they ever stop letting you preorder.
You can preorder up until the minute of release

Top Bottom