• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery info/news thread

Blackjack

With all of these excellent gameplay announcements, I think this game will still be excellent, even if it does end up having a shit story.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
icecream said:
I have faith in the story, probably because tri-Ace isn't writing it. :D

Whos' the scenario writer for this? One honest complaint that can issued against tri-Ace (as of late) is that their games have extremely horrible plots.

icecream

Public Health Threat
BlueTsunami said:
Whos' the scenario writer for this? One honest complaint that can issued against tri-Ace (as of late) is that their games have extremely horrible plots.
As mentioned above... at the least we can expect something good because of the names that are involved.

And if you mean by games of late as in Valkyrie Profile 2 and Radiata Stories, you can blame Edge Works.

If you mean the infamous SO3, you can blame Gotanda. :lol

Kyoufu

Screw the haters, I loved VP2's story, but IU doesn't look like it'll be on the same scale of the gods epicness sort of thing. Still, should be a great game.

A bit off-topic, but what's the average play-time for Lost Odyssey? With & without side quests - seed completion, etc.
I'd love to clear it out of my backlog before, hopefully, playing IU upon its release.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
icecream said:
As mentioned above... at the least we can expect something good because of the names that are involved.

And if you mean by games of late as in Valkyrie Profile 2 and Radiata Stories, you can blame Edge Works.

If you mean the infamous SO3, you can blame Gotanda. :lol

Definitely wasn't a fan of VP2 and SO3. They felt like they had these twists for the sake of having twists. Though, I do truly love Valkyrie Profiles characters, setting and I also love the premise of Star Ocean (even though the execution hasn't been perfected yet).

As far as IU goes, I would prefer IU to have a more a straightforward plot with some surprises (not boring of course!).

I've still yet to play Radiata Stories... I need to pick it up.

Akai

I hate asking questions that have been asked before, but does anyone know whether or not it's been confirmed that the game will have dual-language support? The lack of news on the matter makes me nervous...

icecream

Public Health Threat
I don't think anything's been said on the matter. But since it's 2 DVDs, there should be extra space to do so. Whether S-E will actually include it...

And going through the UK site, there seem to be some new screenshots:
iu_ssnotext_en02_m.jpg

iu_ssbattle_en01_m.jpg

iu_ssbattle_en06_m.jpg

iu_ssevent_en06_m.jpg

iu_ssfield_en01_m.jpg

iu_ssfield_en02_m.jpg

inner-G

Banned
I couldn't decide between this or Tales... but the Vesperia demo didn't hook me, and the trailer for this on the JPN XBL Marketplace looks really good. It's a squeenix game to boot, so I think I'll go for IU.

Rpgmonkey

Looks awesome, but I lol'd at "Hornbeam".

I hope Private Events means multiple endings/dialogue, and from the scan it seems they're voiced! :D

Teknoman

inner-G said:
I couldn't decide between this or Tales... but the Vesperia demo didn't hook me, and the trailer for this on the JPN XBL Marketplace looks really good. It's a squeenix game to boot, so I think I'll go for IU.

Same problem here. Except I actually liked Vesperia :lol

With this RPG blitz though, i'm going to have to choose what I want to take on first carefully.

Aeana

I hadn't really paid a lot of attention to this game, since I'm not usually all that enamored with tri-Ace games (although I did like Valkyrie Profile 2 a whole lot), or action-oriented RPGs in general... but after reading through all of the community blog posts, and some of the scans I was able to find, I think I'm starting to get pretty excited. It really sounds like there's so much to do, and many things I've never seen in a single-player RPG before. I just need the combat to be fun. I hope it all works out!

batbeg

Sweet Zombie Jesus is that music ever amazing. I'm stupidly giddy about this game. It's a bit of a shame that I won't be able to cash in on the pre-order "bonus" for a while as I'll be internet-less for a month or two :( I hope I'm not too desperate for DLC.

Nolan.

Is it a trick or something but how come it's only 29.99 pounds.? Also I usually pre-order from game and they aren't even listed as one of the major outlets to recieve the content. Anyway can't wait to see how this game turns out.

Mr Rivuz

I had some doubts about getting this game, but after seeing the last infos and screenshots I decided to preorder it on play.com... Can't wait!

I pre-ordered this with GAME when it was £34.99 with a £5 off voucher, and it looks like they've since reduced the price to £29.99 - so I'm getting this at a bargain price of £24.99 :D
Hope it turns out as good as it looks.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Imo, Tri Ace has been in a nasty slump for years, but this looks fucking awesome. Can't wait. :D

Rpgmonkey

I would use those wallpapers if I didn't think all the copyright info at the bottom kinda ruined it. :(

Death_Born said:
Errr..if I preorder the PAL version and then try to play it on my American 360, it won't work?

I don't think it's been said if the PAL vesion is region-locked or not yet.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Holy shit that theme sounds awesome. Reminds me of Lost Odyssey. Day one!

jimbo

Banned
Awesome game. Awesome thread.

Can someone with a lot more info and knowledge than I do, make a thread like this about The Last Remnant? I was just checking out the official site and remembered why I love Square Enix games: soundtrack.

Blackjack

So, do we know if there will be multiple/character-specific endings? The whole 'cater to the characters' personality/private actions in towns' makes me think there might be, but have we seen anything specific?

Rpgmonkey said:
I don't think it's been said if the PAL vesion is region-locked or not yet.

Code:
Free item is redeemed using a code which will be emailed out by Amazon.co.uk on the day of the game's release. Offer is limited to the first one thousand preorder customers.

Gaah! And it's so cheap too!

yay! i've just pre-ordered it from amazon.co.uk! it took me 45€ (air shipping to Spain included), so it's a good deal, i think it will cost 69€ here in Spain, so, yay!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
duckroll said:
This week's Famitsu has a 2 page article showing off 3 characters (only 1 is a party member though) as well as some stuff we didn't know about before:

- Privite Events are in! When PEs happen between the main character and a party member, there are dialogue options and stuff just like in the SO games!

- Party Connects in towns and villages! When in a town or village Capel can Connect with a party member like he does in battle, allowing the player to bring that party member along with Capel around the village to interact with people (and animals) to get results that he would not get alone!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! tri-Ace :bow :bow! :eek:
Christ. I cannot fucking wait.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
BlueTsunami said:
Definitely wasn't a fan of VP2 and SO3. They felt like they had these twists for the sake of having twists. Though, I do truly love Valkyrie Profiles characters, setting and I also love the premise of Star Ocean (even though the execution hasn't been perfected yet).

As far as IU goes, I would prefer IU to have a more a straightforward plot with some surprises (not boring of course!).

I've still yet to play Radiata Stories... I need to pick it up.
I want IU to focus more on character interaction. Seeing as how there private actions, a talk function on the menu (to interact with your teammates), those individuals requests from your party and stuff... It seems to me the plot will be more character driven.

Something like how P3 focused on characters and their interactions with each other.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Error said:
I want IU to focus more on character interaction. Seeing as how there private actions, a talk function on the menu (to interact with your teammates), those individuals requests from your party and stuff... It seems to me the plot will be more character driven.

Something like how P3 focused on characters and their interactions with each other.

ooo I really hope you are right. I much prefer character driven stories compared to plot driven ones.

so I've been here alone at work and have left the UK site open on another browser

...um....wow...the music on there is reaaaallly good! :D

jimbo

Banned
I wonder what Square's decision to release the game in the US first and then in Japan is based on. Do they expect positive press in the west to help spur Japanese sales?

duckroll

jimbo said:
I wonder what Square's decision to release the game in the US first and then in Japan is based on. Do they expect positive press in the west to help spur Japanese sales?

Someone on 2ch said it's possible the 60gig Xbox360 could be releasing in Japan on the 18th of Sept for 29800yen, and they'll be doing an exclusive 60gig bundle with IU the week before that, at 35800yen. Just like they did for the PSP Slim with Crisis Core.

Top Bottom