• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery info/news thread

Blackjack

Revelations said:
What not japanese enough for you? They look pretty damn good to me. It's nice to see fleshed human faces with actual red in them for a change in a jrpg. It looks a bit better when they are talking with emotion and stuff. The whole character design gives off a european look. Their chubby cherub faces and clothes. Like Sweden or Hungary and Belgium...something like that.
No, but for real, the little twin kids look horrible.

grandjedi6 said:
Swing and a miss with your assumption there. No its not because its "not japanese enough" nor is it the blush in the cheeks. Instead its something else. Perhaps the eyes? I've noticed the characters with colored eyes tend to look more off-putting.

Either way I don't think its major problem, I might even grow to like the character style. I do think the websites picked some crappy pictures for the characters though.
It wasn't an assumption it was more of an observation. The color to their eyes seems to be clearly a take at keeping the faces atleast japanese character centric. Realistic faces with these ridiculously colored eyes. Havn't seen enough video to determine a good placement of their faces in the environment. Atleast to me.

Akai

I personally have no qualms with the character faces...

Well, no qualms with any of the characters outside Luka and Roka, but I can live with that...

grandjedi6 said:
There is just something about the ingame faces that looks off
That they look like little china dolls that you will wake up to in the middle of the night with them holding bloody knifes over your head?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Error said:
So, since there's plenty of info around about the game now... Me and duckroll thought it was a good idea to make a thread with all the info known about the game. Plenty of people are confused by what this game is, some even call it GENERIC. We are here to educate those people...

0610iud10story.jpg

Can't unsee her elbow as boobie :lol

Also looking forward to the game.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
it's a JRPG not named FF/DQ. I expect 8-7 with the occasional 9 (an 83% overall score in gamerankings). "IU tries to move forward JRPGs with intriguing and unique ideas. Sadly the technical issues holds the game back a bit." that will probably be the general consensus regarding the game.

Akai

Ah crap, I ordered Vesperia with super-slow shipping and Undiscovery by standard...Looks like I might be playing Undiscovery first!

Somnia

Don't get too excited on the date. Gamestop.com messes up sometimes and lists the day most stores will get it in, but I did not check the date at the store today to see our in store date. I will do that tomorrow.

phez

Banned
Error said:
it's a JRPG not named FF/DQ. I expect 8-7 with the occasional 9 (an 83% overall score in gamerankings). "IU tries to move forward JRPGs with intriguing and unique ideas. Sadly the technical issues holds the game back a bit." that will probably be the general consensus regarding the game.

From what I've seen of Tales, I think Vesperia is going to be the better of the two.

Error

phez said:
From what I've seen of Tales, I think Vesperia is going to be the better of the two.
I really doubt that.

Even with IU's technical issues, IU just has much more going for it than Vesperia. There's nothing about Vesperia that makes me go, "whoa awesome". It looks like yet another Tales.

FrankT

phez said:

Get the exact opposite feeling. Of course, I also believe they both could be pretty decent.

Kyoufu

I think Vesperia is going to be decent, nothing more. IU however has the potential to be absolutely AMAZING.

Too much ambition behind the game for it not to be.

alanias

phez said:

It's hard to say. I guess Vesperia is just going to deliver a more traditional experience with a next-gen coat of paint. IU is hopefully going to deliver something a bit new and different from other RPGs. It really depends on what you're craving more and what art style you prefer.

Rpgmonkey

How much I enjoy IU pretty much entirely depends how all of their ideas for this come together.

If they all work out, pretty sure this is going to be one of my favorite games this year.

Error

mannnnn. watching the vids in HD makes such a big difference. My old ass PC can't run HD vids, so I figured I'd use the laptop to watch them. Looks so good.

Just a couple of weeks. I really like the detail in the characters clothing. for instance Capell's belt in the shoulder wiggles around whenever he moves, also Roka and Rucha's hats have these things hanging in the sides that move whenever they run and stuff. I don't really get the 'looks last-gen' comments, there's no way a PS2 could've pull off this stuff.

Llyranor

I'm fairly positive I'll enjoy Vesperia more, simply in virtue of awesome co-op (I bought a 3rd controller mainly for that game). Though I'll probably pick up IU as well for singleplayer JRPGing.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Somnia said:
Don't get too excited on the date. Gamestop.com messes up sometimes and lists the day most stores will get it in, but I did not check the date at the store today to see our in store date. I will do that tomorrow.

Release date at the store is the same, at least it was today when I was there. Very odd date though since 29th is the ship date meaning in store on Saturday?

Egg Shen

The Tales fan in me wants Vesperia, but I'm currently on a tri-Ace kick right now with Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and Valkyrie Profile 2 so it looks like Infinite Undiscovery is going to get the nod first. The new footage looks great, but I still wish they had kept the Japanese voice track.

KTallguy

Banned
These vids look much better.
Mainly because of the framerate and showing people who actually know how to play.

All of the voices are cut completely out of most of the vids though :lol

FrankT

Ninja Kn1ght said:
I just went and ordered this. It looks fantastic. Tri-Ace <3

It really does look great and no telling how much gameplay we'll get out of this. Looking forward to this hopefully next week if that date is correct.

Darkman M

Jtyettis said:
It really does look great and no telling how much gameplay we'll get out of this. Looking forward to this hopefully next week if that date is correct.

Im contemplating on canceling my order at amazon and ordering from ebgames if that is the correct date. Only thing is i got amazon prime so i get overnight delivery for $3.99 Vs $9.99 eb games overnight. If the dates are true i think im gonna jump ship with ebgames though.

edit: Hmm i can always keep both and cancel the amazon order before the 2nd if the ebgames order ships on the 29th!

Darkman M said:
Im contemplating on canceling my order at amazon and ordering from ebgames if that is the correct date. Only thing is i got amazon prime so i get overnight delivery for $3.99 Vs $9.99 eb games overnight. If the dates are true i think im gonna jump ship with ebgames though.

edit: Hmm i can always keep both and cancel the amazon order before the 2nd if the ebgames order ships on the 29th!

Gamestop sent me a code for free overnight shipping and $5 off for IU. I am starting to wonder if I was the only one since I haven't seen any other people mentioning it.

Top Bottom