• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery info/news thread

PhatSaqs

Banned
Schopenhauer said:
Gamestop sent me a code for free overnight shipping and $5 off for IU. I am starting to wonder if I was the only one since I haven't seen any other people mentioning it.
PM the code please :D

FrankT

Schopenhauer said:
Gamestop sent me a code for free overnight shipping and $5 off for IU. I am starting to wonder if I was the only one since I haven't seen any other people mentioning it.

Man I don't think I ever got that code.

Darkman M

Schopenhauer said:

Wow lucky you! as many times as i have paid overnight shipping to those bums i didn't get a code.

garath

I don't know how I just found out about this game today, but it immediately went onto the "buy immediately" list. Holy crap. Come on Sept!!

PhatSaqs said:
PM the code please :D

Sorry, it is an individual code and I already used it.

Darkman M said:
Wow lucky you! as many times as i have paid overnight shipping to those bums i didn't get a code.

I think they send them out based on specific past games purchases. I received similar codes for Romancing SaGa and DQ VIII and a few other games.

Rpgmonkey

Nice vids. :eek:

And Famitsu had some new characters, Veeka (?), Sorenstam, and Kiriya.

I thought Kiriya was a girl...

This old news?

sangreal

Darkman M said:
Im contemplating on canceling my order at amazon and ordering from ebgames if that is the correct date. Only thing is i got amazon prime so i get overnight delivery for $3.99 Vs $9.99 eb games overnight. If the dates are true i think im gonna jump ship with ebgames though.

edit: Hmm i can always keep both and cancel the amazon order before the 2nd if the ebgames order ships on the 29th!

if ebgames is shipping on the 29th you wouldn't get it until the second anyway? (and Amazon would also likely ship the 29th)

FedEx/UPS don't deliver on weekends (unless you pay extra) or Holidays (Sept 1)

Teknoman

SatelliteOfLove said:
I end up buying both in these situations and one sits for a year till it gets played. :lol

I might end up doing that :lol Did that when I found every SMT Nocturne, DDS1 and 2 in the same store awhile back. Too good to pass up.

Darkman M

sangreal said:
if ebgames is shipping on the 29th you wouldn't get it until the second anyway? (and Amazon would also likely ship the 29th)

FedEx/UPS don't deliver on weekends (unless you pay extra) or Holidays (Sept 1)

Good point, tales comes out on the 26th anyways might as well ride it out with Amazon.

batbeg

While the quality is shit and there's something funky going on with the voices in scenes, those videos are incredible looking. And it lays to rest that there's nothing to worry about with the in-battle voices so long as you don't spam the same special attack repeatedly, or don't suck. If it's so harsh on so many people, it can serve as incentive for you to get better :lol

I feel like a fool, but I'm so hyped for this game I'm pre-ordering it in the midst of me moving into a new home and having next to money. But damn it all if it won't be worth it.

FrankT

Captain N said:
I do believe outlets like Gamestop get next day airs on Saturday if shipped on Friday.

Yea, I guess the question really is for next week in general. As this was scheduled for a September release, but it seems like it may come a little earlier which would be nice.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
BestBuy seems to have a promotion for an exclusive case for pre-ordering this game. Whether it is a tincase or just a reflective insert is to be determined...but it's BB exclusive(or so they say).

batbeg

IGN has a small new feature up on a few of the characters. I'm very interested in learning that Leonid is the son of the Halgitian empress, as the American site says Touma, close friend of Sigmund and one of the few who knows Sigmund's past, has long served the Halgitian empress. Sounds to me like there's a small possibility of Sigmund and Leonid having already known eachother. I'm interested in it, anyway :D

Anyway, some real interesting tidbits about the games world are mentioned in the brief descriptions.

Kyoufu

I am on a media blackout. Watching videos and reading previews is just going to burn me out seeing as its two weeks away :)

batbeg

Honestly despite my obsession with finding every detail, I feel like I don't know anything about the game :lol But I only have internet until tomorrow I feel like finding everything that I can until the 5th :D

alanias

I'm debating whether to preorder at GS in the hopes of getting it Saturday and having it for labor day weekend, or just waiting for gamefly... I keep buying the games I should rent first :lol
Does anyone know if this is like Star Ocean/Radiata where you could miss characters, or do you run itno every character over the course of the story? I hate missing characters or having to read character recruiting FAQs.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I've been telling people this gives me a Radiata vibe except it's not as linear. This looks much better too. And it's obviously a lot nicer looking.

batbeg

alanias said:
I'm debating whether to preorder at GS in the hopes of getting it Saturday and having it for labor day weekend, or just waiting for gamefly... I keep buying the games I should rent first

Debate over: buy it! :D

I know most of it is old news, in concept anyway, but I finally read IGNs other feature about the battle system in-depth, and I thought this was really cool:

Players are not only encouraged to use their twitch-action reflexes, but also sight and sound to get an edge on the enemy. Dark rooms and corridors, for example, will not only prevent you from locking onto opponents, but also penalize your ranged accuracy when attempting to shoot. Brighter areas conversely make it easier for players to hit their target, and the mini-map in the upper right corner makes exploration less arduous. In addition to ranged penalties, darkness also allows you to sneak up to opponents and initiate surprise attacks--but beware, monsters can also hear footsteps, so tread lightly.

I love the way everything is integrated into this game to make a new feel. So many of these things are so brilliant but at the same time seem like such obvious implementations that the genre should have made by now.

Teknoman

LiquidMetal14 said:
I've been telling people this gives me a Radiata vibe except it's not as linear. This looks much better too. And it's obviously a lot nicer looking.

I said that the first time I saw the game, but got attacked for it :lol Makes it even more so since Jack's VA does Capell's voice as well.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Teknoman said:
I said that the first time I saw the game, but got attacked for it :lol Makes it even more so since Jack's VA does Capell's voice as well.
And this has a free roam like FF12. Not sure how open the environments are but they are not on a plane like Radiata was For the record, I enjoyed Radiata. Not great but entertaining. This looks to fill the gap that I have been missing in next gen RPG's

And this is gonna be on 2 DVD's eh? Sounds grreat!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
batbeg said:
IGN has a small new feature up on a few of the characters. I'm very interested in learning that Leonid is the son of the Halgitian empress, as the American site says Touma, close friend of Sigmund and one of the few who knows Sigmund's past, has long served the Halgitian empress. Sounds to me like there's a small possibility of Sigmund and Leonid having already known eachother. I'm interested in it, anyway :D

Anyway, some real interesting tidbits about the games world are mentioned in the brief descriptions.
damn those descriptions are actually interesting, could this be the first tri-Ace game since VP1 to have a good plot!?

icecream

Public Health Threat
Error said:
damn those descriptions are actually interesting, could this be the first tri-Ace game since VP1 to have a good plot!?
The signs have been pointing to yes for a while now. :D

soco

Error said:

on the BestBuy website this morning i noticed they kept pointing out the whole Ryo Mizuno/Record of Lodoss War thing in regards to the story. for some reason it just kinda surprised me because i'm not sure how many people would really get that anyway.

Blackjack

Error said:
I'm just a bit worried that Aya is going to end up being 'generic main female character' :(

icecream

Public Health Threat
soco said:
it just kinda surprised me because i'm not sure how many people would really get that anyway.
It's because it's the approach MS is taking on marketing it. I'm sure that was just what Best Buy was taking from their publicity/sales kit.

Blackjack said:
I'm just a bit worried that Aya is going to end up being 'generic main female character' :(
In what aspect? I hoping she's just like her blog-self.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't think she'll be a totally original character. Her character seems funny and has a cool personality, that's fine with me.

I hope her personality in the blog is the same as in the game.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Blackjack said:
Eh. The blog Aya isn't exactly unique, either.
Not that I claimed it was. But it doesn't exactly yell 'generic JRPG heroine' either.

But really, what would be 'generic' anyways?

alanias

Blackjack said:

As long as she is not the innocent idiot type from other JRPGs. Of all the stock character types that one annoys me the most.

Blackjack

icecream said:
Not that I claimed it was. But it doesn't exactly yell 'generic JRPG heroine' either.

But really, what would be 'generic' anyways?
Well, no, but her blog personality strikes me as a tsundere with the whole 'bakapell' thing which is number two behind 'weak and submissive' on the 'JRPG heroine' list. I dunno. I'm just worried she'll end up needing to be saved all the time.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Blackjack said:
Well, no, but her blog personality strikes me as a tsundere with the whole 'bakapell' thing which is number two behind 'weak and submissive' on the 'JRPG heroine' list.
Sir, that is a good thing.

Blackjack

icecream said:
Sir, that is a good thing.
Not always. At lot of times, the tsundere ends up all "I LOVE YOU NEVER LEAVE ME I WAS BEING MEAN TO HIDE MY TRUE FEELINGS I NEED YOU" which...is most certainly not a good thing.

Top Bottom