• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 (PS4/XB1) announced, has (microtransaction?) gameplay changing lootcrates

How excited are you about gameplay changing loot crates (maybe w/ microtransactions)?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted Blue Beetle but on second thought he's too similar to Cyborg. So I say switch out Cyborg for him and make Captain Cold the extra character.

Blue Beetle is like Cyborg but much more interesting. Could probably do something with their movesets to differentiate them, something about Jaime being able to put the scarab in the driver's seat for a short period.

Jetman

And this post is uninformed.

They've not mentioned anything about microtransactions and the thread title insinuating it is really causing a shitstorm thats unwarranted at the moment. NRS does a pretty good job of listening to its FGC crowd on stuff in terms of balance and what doesn't work and since they haven't said ANYTHING about modes, how this effects them or what modes its in or how gear even works its...

Fuck its a broken record in here. I keep pointing this out over and over. Folks are front page reading, outrage culture rage dumping without any real facts to base things on and leaving aren't they?

Sigh...threads a cess pool. I quit trying to point out the same thing every page.

We got a CG trailer and generalized info that gear is involved in the game. No clue what areas. No clue if we got a for glory mode without em. No nothing. We know NOTHING so stop acting like you know everything people. We have no idea whats good or bad about this yet because we know nothing about how it actually is used.

Thank you. Quoted just to get it on another page.

And Swamp Thing gets my vote. Too many interesting ,original things that could be done with him. Hoping for Constantine option on the next vote.

Was that Aquaman or Hawkman (sans his mask) in the trailer?

Wait nevermind I just paused and saw no Hawk emblem on the strap intersection area.

Pining for Big Barda, Vixen and Black Canary.

I voted Blue Beetle but on second thought he's too similar to Cyborg. So I say switch out Cyborg for him and make Captain Cold the extra character.

They could make a lot of different Blue Beetle (Jamie) play styles. He has various weapons aside from ranged moves. The scarab has a crap ton of potential when it comes to weapons.

Khezu

Supergirl and Atroctius were literally my two most wanted characters for Injustice 1 DLC, so them being in the starting roster is just perfect.

As for the gear thing, I think from a competitive standpoint, they will either try and screw with them for a month, or just play "classic vs" which the game will 95% chance have.

But personally, I fucking hate gear, especially tied with leveling.
I hate it for the same damn reason I hated it in SC4, in order to have the best stats, you had to mismatch gear and look like a fucking clown.

Also, Warner Brothers has a history..
They haven't said anything, but I fear the worst.
Like some WB head looked at what they were doing with the mobile games, and asked why the consoles games weren't making as much money as the phone versions.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Who do you think is going to be introduced in the sequel and who won't return?

Raven, Killer Frost, Ares, Grundy, Doomsday, Lobo, Zod, Zatanna are all question marks to return I think.

Killer Croc, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Darkseid, Cheetah, Robin (Damian), Ra's Al Ghul, Black Canary, Enchantress, Constantine, Black Manta are logical choices for the sequel.

mfaex

Atrocitus in is awesome. Need Larfleeze and Booster Gold. Voted Blue Beetle from Boon's poll.

Hope the armor stuff isn't total garbage but I've got a 2 year wait minimum for the possible busted ass pc port.

Raven, Killer Frost, Ares, Grundy, Doomsday, Lobo, Zod, Zatanna are all question marks to return I think.

Killer Croc, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Darkseid, Cheetah, Robin (Damian), Ra's Al Ghul, Black Canary, Enchantress, Constantine, Black Manta are logical choices for the sequel.

I agree with these. These characters don't have the most interesting or varied powers and could stand to be replaced. Zatanna, however, is likely to return as there is no other magic-based character on the roster.

wamberz1

but ares was so damn cool in the first game... loved his weapon throwing ability.

.la1n

I need Swamp Thing in my life, Ed teased so much during development of the first game, he can't leave him out this time :(

Spman2099

Unfortunately, Netherealm is more ambitious than they are competent. The gears idea is a cool one, but there is no way they execute it well. This game is going to be a mess unless NRS suddenly punches WAY above their weight.

Also, if you can buy stat upgrading gear with micro transactions then I am just not interested in the game at all. That would be such a bad move on their part; I have a hard time believing they would actually do that.

Ryce

The press release is interesting. A large roster is teased on two separate occasions -- that's not something NRS advertised for MK9, Injustice 1, or MKX.

The newest game in development from the award-winning NetherRealm Studios features a massive roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains
Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd.

The first game had 29 DC characters, so there's going to be at least 30 playable characters.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Comic guys, explain this to me: why has DC been pushing Cyborg so hard for the last several years? It is just a straight-up "we want more marquee non-white superheroes and don't have a lot to choose from" thing or does he have a secret fanbase I know nothing about? He seems completely unremarkable to me and it's weird to see him appearing in so much DC crap nowadays.

Yeah, I would prefer simple, cohesive default designs across the cast and interesting alts from movies and comics, not stuff like those old horrible Batman figure variants:
1441988952530190733.png

1441988952639883917.png

1441988952132151181.png

Used to drive me crazy when I was younger and just wanted a basic, nice looking Batman figure, and just these were littering the shelves.

Amen.

Khezu

Comic guys, explain this to me: why has DC been pushing Cyborg so hard for the last several years? It is just a straight-up "we want more marquee non-white superheroes and don't have a lot to choose from" thing or does he have a secret fanbase I know nothing about? He seems completely unremarkable to me and it's weird to see him appearing in so much DC crap nowadays.

It's pretty much we need a non white guy.

Don't know why Cyborg though, maybe just trying to bank on the boost he got from the Teen Titans cartoon?

They have plenty of more interesting non-white characters to push, like Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle, Static, Black Lightning, Mr.Terrific, John Stewart, etc. Geoff Johns just chose Cyborg out of a grab bag when they needed a token for the New52 Justice League.

It's pretty much we need a non white guy.

Don't know why Cyborg though, maybe just trying to bank on the boost he got from the Teen Titans cartoon?

Cyborg was likely chosen because people would already be familiar with the character, through exposure to the Teen Titans cartoon and/or the comics. His powers are also unique amongst the Justice League and his younger age brings a different dynamic to the team. It's a shame more has not been done with Cyborg since he joined "the big leagues", but he has potential.

Gleethor

but ares was so damn cool in the first game... loved his weapon throwing ability.

If Ares isn't in the base game, I'm fairly confident that he'll be released as DLC to promote the WW movie releasing a month after Injustice 2 comes out (assuming he's in the film) similar to how Zod was released to promote MoS.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So assuming we see an equal split between heroes and villains again this time around, how do you think the roster is going to change? The article says this is going to feature the biggest roster of DC characters in a fighting game. That suggests we'll at least see as many characters as the Ultimate Edition. The count for the UE stands at 29.

So far, we have seven confirmed characters.

Confirmed Heroes:
Aquaman
Batman
Supergirl
Superman
The Flash

Confirmed Villains:
Atrocitus
Gorilla Grodd

Who do you think is going to be introduced in the sequel and who won't return?

Green Lantern and Wonder Woman are safe bets. Hopefully Green Lantern has skins for each of the Earth Lanterns; Guy Gardner, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner. Then everyone can play as their favourite.

Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Wonder Woman are safe bets for sure, but I really hope to see most of the casts coming back from Injustice, such as Black Adams, Shazam, Harley Quinn, Ares, Cyborg, Lobo, Batgirl, Hawkgirl, etc.

Also I would like to welcome good amount of newcomers tho, like Blue Beetle, Captain Cold, Static, Black Canary, Power Girl, Cheetah, etc. They made excellent choices with Gorilla Grodd and Atrocitus. A confirmation of Gorrila Grodd being playable character is really good surprise for me.

I feel like most will return, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Captain Cold replace Killer Frost.

Blue Beetle is one of my most wanted, so that's great to see he's likely. Dr. Fate and The Question would both be amazing, though I'm not expecting either.

I'm unsure about Killer Frost being gone or not since she's still relevant in Arrowverse so who knows but I hope to see both of them in the game tho.

The press release is interesting. A large roster is teased on two separate occasions -- that's not something NRS advertised for MK9, Injustice 1, or MKX.

The first game had 29 DC characters, so there's going to be at least 30 playable characters.

That's quite an excellent news. I can't wait to see what surprises they have in sleeves for us. :D

Permanently A

And this post is uninformed.

They've not mentioned anything about microtransactions and the thread title insinuating it is really causing a shitstorm thats unwarranted at the moment. NRS does a pretty good job of listening to its FGC crowd on stuff in terms of balance and what doesn't work and since they haven't said ANYTHING about modes, how this effects them or what modes its in or how gear even works its...

Fuck its a broken record in here. I keep pointing this out over and over. Folks are front page reading, outrage culture rage dumping without any real facts to base things on and leaving aren't they?

Sigh...threads a cess pool. I quit trying to point out the same thing every page.

We got a CG trailer and generalized info that gear is involved in the game. No clue what areas. No clue if we got a for glory mode without em. No nothing. We know NOTHING so stop acting like you know everything people. We have no idea whats good or bad about this yet because we know nothing about how it actually is used.

WB doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to this. There's a chance they get it right, but it's far more likely they won't considering their track record and attitude towards nickle and diming gamers.

s_mirage

Where's the "fuck that noise" option? Not a fan of anything in fighting games that could turn out to be pay to win. Not that it matters much to me anyway; after the MKX PC debacle, I'm not giving WB/NetherRealm another penny.

Khezu

Another thing about competitive play.

They are going to push this shit as an Esport just like MKX.

Injustice 2 first gameplay is likely going to be this Sat during the MKX season 3 ESL finally.
And a lot of the ESL people that promote and work with MK have been wearing Injustice avatars on twitter for the last week.

And just a few months ago WB/NRS put up 500,000 cash prize for season 3.

They seem to be in it for awhile.

Character designs look better than the first, but still absolute shit. We'll see what the real game looks like, but my wallet is feeling pretty safe right now.

Stiler

I'm excited at the prospect of being able to have rpg elements and gear that changes the characters and how they fight or what they can do.

However if it's completely RNG and loot boxes drop "duplicates' like Overwatch I will be disappointed.

Needs to feel like you can actually get he loot through a NORMAL means of playing and not like overwatch where it feels virtually impossible to get what you want unless you shell out actual more money (which then is a gamble since it's RNG with no way of buying what you want).

Feel like Doomsday, Bane, Ares, Nightwing, Raven and Killer Frost are most likely chopping block characters.

If they were to remove any of the base cast that is. Maybe Grundy but I feel like he shows up enough in the various multimedia of DC to be a lock.... Though that did not stop anyone from complaining about Killer Frost's inclusion in the first game.

Or they could just keep the entire first cast and only expand on it -shrug-

Sounds like they would use the "armor" system in a similar way as variations in MKX. Least that was my initial impression. Who knows, can't wait to see more. Hopefully loot boxes won't be the new season pass

Drayco21

Voted for Cold because he's the best, and The Flash has the best rogue's gallery in DC- it deserves more love.

Blue Beetle and Swamp-Thing would be rad too though; but I would rather see Ted Kord than Jamie, which I know would never happen.

shaowebb

You could give Captain Atom a Manhattan alt if he gets in.

Pfft...Captain Adam is so lightweight. Bring in The Ray for a real energy user.
Yeah, I know. Dude is obscure but The Ray is my boy and way better at what Captain Adam does plus like a dozen extra powers.

He's my longshot wish for videogames. Him and Iron Fist always have been and with Marvel doing various Iron Fist inclusions these days all I have left is The Ray to play as in a game to clear my nerd bucket list of items.

Not sure about the armours lol Heh, Supergirl's probably in because of the TV show. Since now they have 2 Super characters with the same powers this most likely rules out Zod (and that's cool).
And they better add Blue Beetle! :p

Top Bottom