• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 (PS4/XB1) announced, has (microtransaction?) gameplay changing lootcrates

How excited are you about gameplay changing loot crates (maybe w/ microtransactions)?

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZeroX03

Banned
Loot drops? I swear to god if there are microtransactions I won't be buying this.

Bad news: there's a 100% chance there will be microtransactions or some kind of bs monetization.

Good news: there's a 100% chance there will be an all DLC included/everything unlocked version later on like every other WB game.

Ashtar

GORILLA GRODD CONFIRMED

grodd-the-flash-1447813756.gif

who's an atroticus?
Eh not feeling to good about gear and loot, but I'll probably rent it to play through the campaign

deim0s

Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd.

Bleez plz.

I dont care at all for fighting games but what is the reason there's no PC version? If I was a pc gamer and I loved fighting games I would be pissed off. What good reason is there to just skip pc? Still Warez or just no profit?

Because they've outsourced all their fighting game PC ports to High Voltage and all 3 were absolute horse shit. HVS couldn't even complete the last gen ports of MKX and were eventually fired completely by WB.

I guess rather than find a replacement porting house... they've given up on NRS fighters on PC. I'll stand by that though... rather not play the game at all than have a terrible version of it on the platform that should have the best version.

Illucio

Banned
The gear thing is interesting. But I thought they were using that to even the playing field against superman....

I'm disappointed everyone has it now. :/

Allforce

The Gear System uses RPG-like mechanics to reward you with loot drops every time you play the game. With each loot drop, you will earn character-specific gear to outfit and power up your roster – changing not only the look of each character, but your fight strategy and your personal approach to every match. As you gear up your characters, you’re building a roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains that reflects your choices, and your preferences, which can be vastly different than your opponents. A few play sessions in, you can expect your Aquaman to look and play different than anyone else’s Aquaman you may come across.

This reads less of "Play a lot and get the suit tha tlets you do unlimited X-Factor/Critical Art/X-Ray/etc" and more like a way to have multiple styles for each character like MKX. Only now you're unlocking it. So "Dawn of Justice Batman" or "New 52 Aquaman".

The first game had those skins but no gameplay changes. With MKX and all their different stances and styles for each character I think they're just going to try to implement that here with a progression system, which is ok.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there's a persistent online "faction war" thing just like MKX where you can play solo or even have a team of shadow players out there battling based on your play style ala Killer Instinct.

Nuszka

Seems silly to premiere a fighting game with cg trailer that has not much to do with the final form of the product. NR is known for their robotic animation so my expectations are low. This gear system smells like a bait of some sort.

Tabby

I feel like the gear thing will just be something like MKX's form switch or something along those lines, just changes skills and not actually upgrading your stats.

Garlador

We all Iron Man now.

You know, I'm fine with it. It'll probably be unbalanced, but at this point I don't even care. I'm thinking of it like Smash Bros with the sticker system. Should be fun.

Now watch as Zack Snyder gets confused again and thinks Injustice 2 is the main DC universe. Again.

Krammy

Every battle defines you in a game where players personalize iconic DC characters with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. For the first time gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.

This sounds like trouble just waiting to happen. After Injustice forcing you to unlock costumes by playing their mobile game, and Mortal Kombat X having those atrocious microtransactions, I fully expect this to be more of the same.

Coupled with the CGI trailer instead of gameplay, this is one hell of a disappointing announcement.

Man I don't care about any of these scrubs. Blue Beetle when?

Boring, eh?

Why is it still allowed to make a game reveal with a pure CG trailer?

Because it's 2D fighting game? You know how it plays. I know how it plays. Everybody knows how it plays. The specifics we can figure out later.

This reads less of "Play a lot and get the suit tha tlets you do unlimited X-Factor/Critical Art/X-Ray/etc" and more like a way to have multiple styles for each character like MKX. Only now you're unlocking it. So "Dawn of Justice Batman" or "New 52 Aquaman".

The first game had those skins but no gameplay changes. With MKX and all their different stances and styles for each character I think they're just going to try to implement that here with a progression system, which is ok.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there's a persistent online "faction war" thing just like MKX where you can play solo or even have a team of shadow players out there battling based on your play style ala Killer Instinct.

It reads like "Boot up the game every day to open your daily Gear Container or pay $5 to buy one".

It's warner bros.

delSai

I feel like the gear thing will just be something like MKX's form switch or something along those lines, just changes skills and not actually upgrading your stats.

Yeah, like a "Create your Variation" or somethin' like this.
I understand people have their doubts, especially with WB doing all this but maybe we should wait till we get more info on that system.

Top Bottom