• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 (PS4/XB1) announced, has (microtransaction?) gameplay changing lootcrates

How excited are you about gameplay changing loot crates (maybe w/ microtransactions)?

Results are only viewable after voting.

vg260

Because they've outsourced all their fighting game PC ports to High Voltage and all 3 were absolute horse shit. HVS couldn't even complete the last gen ports of MKX and were eventually fired completely by WB.

I guess rather than find a replacement porting house... they've given up on NRS fighters on PC. I'll stand by that though... rather not play the game at all than have a terrible version of it on the platform that should have the best version.

I thought there was a slim chance they'd try a Windows 10 UWA version if they were going to do a PC version. I would have thought Microsoft would have been encouraging that to developers if their Xbox/W10 platform push made it easier and essentially the same code base, but I guess that was even too much effort.

If it's like Smash 4, the game probably will let you select a stock unarmoured character, and also give a bunch of slots for your customised characters. Armour and outfits will probably change various stats. They may do something bullshit like a complete armour set or outfit giving a character a new special move or two. And armour will be dropped in loot boxes piecemeal.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Given that Injustice and MKX provided so many multiplayer modes and even the ability to toggle off stage interactions, I'd be pretty shocked if this doesn't have a fixed competitive mode with vanilla characters.

The specter of badly designed microtransactions is always awful, but there's no reason fighting game mechanics can't be used for stuff like this in single player modes or non-competitive multiplayer playlists.

Phloxy

Seems silly to premiere a fighting game with cg trailer that has not much to do with the final form of the product. NR is known for their robotic animation so my expectations are low. This gear system smells like a bait of some sort.

Except for MK X which had fantastic animation and the cg trailer was pretty close to the game in terms of visual style and mechanics. Just like last year, cg trailer a few days before E3, gameplay reveal during a conference, live streams of extended gameplay throughout next week I'm sure.

Syntsui

The lack of armor was not an excuse for them to not fight between themselves on the last game. I just don't get it.

Hex

Banned
hrm1M.jpg

Can't wait, day one!

LewieP

Utterly hilarious that they're just dropping PC support. Is there anything else WB can do to demonstrate their contempt for PC gamers?

Where is that interview where someone from the developer said they were planning to do right by PC customers?

Effect

That sucks. No PC versions means I'll have no way to play this. I doubt the NX is getting a version but I hope I'm wrong. I really enjoy the Wii U version I picked up several months ago. Was willing to buy a sequel day one if it was available. Especailly with the new characters. I still want Power Girl but I'll take Supergirl instead.

Not big on the loot system. Sounds immediately like something the tournament scene will want to avoid. Can't wait to see if my main (Adam) is cut or not, but Grodd should be fun.

free the freakazoid

I didn't know how much I wanted this until now. They'd probably manage to fuck him up though, so maybe it's better left undone.

ZeroX03

Banned
"Each time I enter the pit, I emerge, reborn."

Cranston for Ra's? It sounds like it's talking about a fighting pit, but those are specific words for the DC Universe. He did then say "Devil" and not "Demon" though.

Santar

Just plesae don't make the game online only Ed please let it all be playable offline!!
I'm worried they might tie the loot drops to a server.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Please no more fucking guest characters this time. DC has a huge pool of interesting heroes and villains to choose from, so don't damage the Injustice brand like you did with MK

delSai

Please no more fucking guest characters this time. DC has a huge pool of interesting heroes and villains to choose from, so don't damage the Injustice brand like you did with MK

This. We dont need Mortal Kombat characters in Injustice.

Loot drops? Meh.

I enjoyed the 1 st game, but not enough to buy at full price. I'll buy it after a price drop. But please allow us to use our legacy sticks like in MKX.

Syntsui

They already did in the first game. It's a given it will happen again.

Nabs

Utterly hilarious that they're just dropping PC support. Is there anything else WB can do to demonstrate their contempt for PC gamers?

Where is that interview where someone from the developer said they were planning to do right by PC customers?

I think you're looking for that Ed Boon / Angry Joe interview about MKX.

Bad news: there's a 100% chance there will be microtransactions or some kind of bs monetization.

Good news: there's a 100% chance there will be an all DLC included/everything unlocked version later on like every other WB game.
Fucking christ. Every goddamn game doesn't need microtransactions. Building systems around microtransactions is fucking terrible.

I'm pissed if you couldn't tell. Injustice was the only fighting game I fell in love with.

There are places where microtransactions are okay, Uncharted multiplayer for example since it isn't the main focus. A fighting game is just as much about its multiplayer as it is its offline.

I just couldn't get into the gameplay of the first. It felt like I was merely entering a code for each move then watching it play out, there's no fluidity or organic feeling to the combat. Games like Street Fighter/Guilty Gear feel like I'm part of the moves, this really didn't.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
We really should put "Cgi trailer" in these thread titles so we don't waste our time watching them, expecting game play, from a game announcement.

Z3M0G

Complaining about CGI trailers adds nothing to the discussion and is getting really tiring.

CGI trailers add nothing to knowing what a game will be like.

Alll this trailer is tell me "There will be an Injustice 2". Telling people this in a tweet with a handful of text characters costs far less than producing a trailer like this...

Top Bottom