• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Instacheck - Pokémon checking and shiny hatching for XY

NZerker12

You have deleted all the other possible connection settings from your 3DS? Can you do connection test with your 3DS? Did it connect successfully?

Yes and which is weird it won't connect now which is weird as it had no problems connecting on set up.

NZerker12

You have deleted all the other possible connection settings from your 3DS? Can you do connection test with your 3DS? Did it connect successfully?

Yes and which is weird it won't connect now which is weird as it had no problems connecting on set up.

Working with host on getting Nugget Bridge back up. Sorry for the inconvenience. I think all the traffic after Instacheck went public made our host think we were getting attacked.
Lots of 1 post accounts registered on 11/17 posting just their TSV the moment the site goes back up in 3... 2...

I'm at 14 boxes for SkullHydra. Trying to get a perfect Sableye with his tsv because he wants tobe OT. I still haven't checked the SVs of the eggs, and I got a lot of time to kill, which is why I have 14 boxes full of eggs.
Oh my gosh Tenck, you do not need to go through all of that! I really appreciate the effort, but I don't want you to suffer for it! How on earth are you going to get rid of all those eggs?! :O I feel terrible now...

Oh my gosh Tenck, you do not need to go through all of that. I really appreciate the effort, but I don't want you to suffer for it! How on earth are you going to get rid of all those eggs?! I feel terrible now...
Ideally the list of SVs for those eggs will be saved and he'll keep the eggs in a sensible order in the boxes and then we'll have the biggest Sableye egg giveaway in the history of Pokemon. ;P

Inotti

I'm wating responses from 3 people to hatch my perfect shiny Sableye (had 3 eggs that matched from nugget bridge list!). If more than one of them responded is anyone interested in the extra Shiny Sableye? It's in heal ball though which might be a deal breaker for some people. :p PM me if intrested.

Edit: Extra Sableyes are already taken.

Tenck

Ideally the list of SVs for those eggs will be saved and he'll keep the eggs in a sensible order in the boxes and then we'll have the biggest Sableye egg giveaway in the history of Pokemon. ;P

I plan on only keeping one shiny for myself. If I get more shiny Sableye I'm definitely doing a giveaway here on Gaf. Wish I had more boxes though. Had to stop at 14th box because all my other ones are filled with perfect bred pokemon and ditto.

I plan on only keeping one shiny for myself. If I get more shiny Sableye I'm definitely doing a giveaway here on Gaf. Wish I had more boxes though. Had to stop at 14th box because all my other ones are filled with perfect bred pokemon and ditto.
How on earth are you going to get rid of all those eggs?! And if you have Instacheck, I'll be your trade partner who sits there forever doing nothing. Lol.

L.O.R.D

i always get this message
"The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation"
i am using laptop
i am connecting to the modem using usb wireless
and i have the wireless on my laptop un used

Hedge

Yes, sort of. The TSV and PSV are derived from two things - the trainer ID and secret ID, and the Pokemon's personality value (PID). Shininess is determined when a Pokemon is caught (immediately), or when it is hatched (this is what allows for other people to hatch eggs as shiny)

What. This is amazing. :x

DaBoss

"The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation"
i am using laptop
Did you install WinPCap?

Tenck

How on earth are you going to get rid of all those eggs?! And if you have Instacheck, I'll be your trade partner who sits there forever doing nothing. Lol.

Through the divine power of O–Hatching Power, Coin Trick, and mashing 'A' when I see "Oh?" :p

bjork

The methods people are having for finding shinies are pretty amazing, between this and that auto-finder the guy made.

I've only ever found one shiny, a zigzagoon in ruby. Red Gyarados doesn't count, heh.

Wichu

i am using laptop

When that happened to me it was because I forgot to turn the Wi-Fi on; in W8 you need to turn it on in PC Settings.

I don't know if that's your problem, but it doesn't hurt to check.

EDIT: Also, the Smogon link in the OP is outdated. This is the new one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak2hDRJIzJHbdG1FRVl6eW94OTdVbmRYb2NFQ0FGS1E

Tenck

what is that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtnJSrIshU

Says "Leveling" but I use it mostly for hatching eggs.

I'd recommend using paper instead. I feel like it might kill my circle pad if I keep shoving a dime under there. Here's what I do
hKfDnCJ.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtnJSrIshU

Says "Leveling" but I use it mostly for hatching eggs.

I'd recommend using paper instead. I feel like it might kill my circle pad if I keep shoving a dime under there. Here's what I do

lol, I'm assuming you do this in Lumiose? (didn't click link)

I've been doing this since I got to Lumiose City. Except I use a stapler and a little bottle of white-out and kind of balance the stapler on the bottle and the other side just on the edge of my D-pad

coin trick is prolly easier

How are you guys going about this? Is the instachecker the only way to check trainer and egg SV? I know my SV 287, so I have to hope someone has a egg with 287, and till then horde eggs till I find some people who match those eggs?

Is there a way of checking eggs without trading?

Tenck

lol, I'm assuming you do this in Lumiose? (didn't click link)

I've been doing this since I got to Lumiose City. Except I use a stapler and a little bottle of white-out and kind of balance the stapler on the bottle and the other side just on the edge of my D-pad

coin trick is prolly easier

Yeah.

And you're better off just using some sort of paper to make it easier on you lol.

How are you guys going about this? Is the instachecker the only way to check trainer and egg SV? I know my SV 287, so I have to hope someone has a egg with 287, and till then horde eggs till I find some people who match those eggs?

Is there a way of checking eggs without trading?

Yes it's the only way.

And someone who breeds an egg with the SV of 287 will contact you and ask you if you can hatch their egg. So what you do is hatch it, get the shiny Pokemon, then return their egg. Meanwhile, you breed a bunch of eggs, check the SVs with Instachecker, and find people who's TSV matches your batch of eggs SVs. You ask them if they can hatch your egg, and if they accept, they'll hatch it then return it to you.

I think that the doc should be sorted by number and not by timestamp

my little brother discovered this last night and set up an Instacheck setup at home. Thought I'd have to do some finagling when I got home but nope :p And as an added bonus dude even found out my shiny ID for me (Called home and asked him to set it up, he responds few min later with '2529 is your number, have a good day'). So it's in the doc.

Hinchy

Hey, I accidentally derped and put in the wrong shiny ID for myself at first. Now there's two of me on the list. Could you delete the earlier one (SV 576)? The correct one has SV 466. Thanks; love you forever for making this list.

As someone mentioned, you won't be the OT when doing this, perhaps you're better of giving others eggs they want and can make shiny in their copy.

Like right now, I'd LOVE a Shiny Scyther with as many 31 IVs as possible with Adamant nature. :)

So I can try to provide my IV and Secret IV which I guess would help the person who has perfect Scythers brewing to provide me with one I guess?

Slermy

As someone mentioned, you won't be the OT when doing this, perhaps you're better of giving others eggs they want and can make shiny in their copy.

Like right now, I'd LOVE a Shiny Scyther with as many 31 IVs as possible with Adamant nature. :)

So I can try to provide my IV and Secret IV which I guess would help the person who has perfect Scythers brewing to provide me with one I guess?

I'm all for more Scythers in the world, but a Shiny Scyther is very similar to a regular Scyther isn't it?

Top Bottom