• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel's new 8 core, 16 thread processor with DDR4 support

http://newsroom.intel.com/community...sor?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Announced at PAX.

PENNY ARCADE EXPO (PAX), Seattle, Aug. 29, 2014 – Intel Corporation unveiled its first eight-core desktop processor, the Intel® Core™ i7-5960X processor Extreme Edition, formerly code-named "Haswell-E," targeted at power users who demand the most from their PCs.

At PAX* Intel is showing what these new, high-performance powerhouses can do. Intel's booth features systems from several manufacturers using this new processor family running popular games such as Lucky's Tale*, Superhot* with the Oculus Rift*, Dark Souls 2* and Titan Fall*. Additionally, Intel will demonstrate gaming while streaming via Twitch* on a new Intel Core processor Extreme Edition-based system. Live game streamers will enjoy having high-quality high-definition streams with eight cores for lag-less gameplay.

Three new SKUs will be available next week ranging from six to eight cores and from $389 to $999.

Votron

cool? I guess? but common out of the game on earth for demonstration they had to pick one of the most less intensive PC games ? Really Intel, Really?!

Kayhan

Are there any PC games that can use all the 8 cores?

Any upcoming games?

Is 8 cores of any gaming value at all?

Anyone see Z97 vs X99 game benchmarks yet? Not that i'm planning on upgrading my 4770k but I'd just like to see. I seen some running at 640x480 and I get why they do that but its not a real world test to me.

Eusis

Are there any PC games that can use all the 8 cores?

Any upcoming games?

Is 8 cores of any gaming value at all?
It seems likely that it may be a good way to proof yourself against sloppy console ports.

8 core with 16 thread means it'll be a bloodbath... if games actually use that, which most probably won't so it wouldn't be a real advantage and may even be a mild disadvantage. Still, for streaming it definitely helps far as I can tell.

Top Bottom