• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Internet Confirms: Twitter babble is 50% more irrelevant than reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power is not going to win this generation, PS4 might be powerful but only exclusives take true advantage of such power, third party games will look more or less the same. If Microsoft has better exclusives in the first year then it will lead (which I honestly think is hard),

Sony did one thing right last gen they built up good franchises in alot of gaming genres

95% of a the consoles library will be multiplats available on both systems, and the PS4 is 100$ cheaper. I think the One will do fine, but its really got an uphill battle.

Skeff

I don't think it was, I don't actually expect AP to really know everyone who works for every studio, I don't think it's ignorant or arrogant to say he's never heard of him..

He didn't say him, he said 'em which is a shortening of them which in this context refers to the studio, which made GOW:J

Durante

This gen has shown that system specs absolutely do matter when it comes to multiplatform games. Look at how broken Bayonetta was on PS3 compared to Xbox 360.
This gen was not a situation where -- outside of some memory subsystem differences, which actually make PS4 easier to program -- one system was basically the other system +40%.

TheOddOne

That the MS guy doesn't know who People Can Fly are or is refusing to acknowledge their existence because one of them dissed the XBone.
That sure is one way to look at the response. However, he said 'Ex-dev of PCF' and didn't really specify who or what company they are working now. It would be anybody's guess.

Seems people implied a lot, but reasonably it's basically nothing.

Zemm

"Don't know them" is probably the worst reply he could have come up with. Talk about being salty as fuck.

Durante

Seriously, not expecting PS4 to have a graphics advantage is like not expecting a Radeon 7850 to perform better than a 7770.

Caronte

Power is not going to win this generation, PS4 might be powerful but only exclusives take true advantage of such power, third party games will look more or less the same. If Microsoft has better exclusives in the first year then it will lead (which I honestly think is hard),

Sony did one thing right last gen they built up good franchises in alot of gaming genres

That's assuming all you play is EA/Ubisoft/Activision games. There has been plenty of games in this generation from smaller developers (hell, even Rockstar) where the differences between versions were pretty obvious.

Damian.

Banned
I've been trying to tell you all. There will be at least a Dreamcast->OG Xbox level of power difference here.

i-Lo

Seriously, not expecting PS4 to have a graphics advantage is like not expecting a Radeon 7850 to perform better than a 7770.

If you've been on this forum long enough you would know that impossible expectations can be par for the course.

I just hope the games on the PS4 utilize that extra power. Yes, the first party games will shine. But it becomes less meaningful if most 3rd party games are gimped to achieve parity.

All in all... It looks like MS is mimicking the Republican Party on election night in 2012. A whole lot of magic math to stir hope and save face.

Although the difference in power can not be disputed, I very much doubt that it will manifest itself in the vast majority of multiplatform games. Publishers want parity in order to avoid angering platform fanatics.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Is he referring to the actual speed of development time. Tool maturity etc... and not console power?
You have access to the same information as I do.

I don't read it that way, as he keeps referencing his twitter post where he said "PS4 is more powerful" and in the last paragraph says "PS4 is 50% faster TODAY"

Why he gets to 50% I don't know. Maybe the Xbone devkits haven't received the upclock updates yet. (GPU and CPU)
Or he is taking the 40% number that we arrive by arithmetic and then subtracting the reserved gflops for the snap-in functionality. Your guess is as good as mine.

I probably won't on either of these for an extremely long time, but can't wait for this console war to kick off. It's been a while since the industry has had a proper competitive home console launch, so want to see both MS and Sony go in all guns blazing. Definitely interested to see if software prices are heavily reduced soon after release date like many games were this generation, here in the UK at least. I don't think the market will be able to sustain £50-60 software prices.

I just hope the games on the PS4 utilize that extra power. Yes, the first party games will shine. But it becomes less meaningful if most 3rd party games are gimped to achieve parity.

All in all... It looks like MS is mimicking the Republican Party on election night in 2012. A whole lot of magic math to stir hope and save face.

Fantastic analogy.

Its clear to me that Albert was saying he doesn't know Adrian.

'em is short for them, so it doesn't make any sense if he's just referring to Adrian.

images

That's assuming all you play is EA/Ubisoft/Activision games. There has been plenty of games in this generation from smaller developers (hell, even Rockstar) where the differences between versions were pretty obvious.

Even then those 3 companies had differences in there games just look at COD .
Devs going to try and get games to look the same but something always going to give one system a edge.
Be it AA, res, frame rate etc etc etc

Chobel

AH... Yeah something Phishy here.

I actually may be wrong there, some tweet was removed that can explain his answer.
@Datownkidd What devs?

@albertpenello Adrian Chmielarz and his "friends".

@albertpenello Former People Can Fly dev.

@Datownkidd don't know 'em.

maybe 'em = Adrian Chmielarz and his "friends".

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
claim that there's 50% speed difference WHEN DEVELOPING in cross-gen/next-gen PS4/XO games. So there we are, I said it and I stand by it. Notice: WHEN DEVELOPING

This is to do with development time. Not console power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom