• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Internet Confirms: Twitter babble is 50% more irrelevant than reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Ok now I'm confused - should I put the old image back....?
I think the current image is better as it's the full conversation. The reply by Albert Penello is still chronologically in the place that Mystic_Wanderer argues for.

I think full disclosure is better. People can form their own opinion based on that. I just feel the omission is not warranted. This isn't Pride and Prejudice.

again just because he responded to the second doesn't mean he doesn't know who pcf are, that second post tried to clarify who Adrian and friends are, so it would make sense that even after that clarification he still didnt know Adrian and pcf.
It would make sense he didn't know the studio for GOW: J? Okay.

Flayer

again just because he responded to the second doesn't mean he doesn't know who pcf are, that second post tried to clarify who Adrian and friends are, so it would make sense that even after that clarification he still didnt know Adrian and pcf.
This is rubbish. He pressed reply on the tweet about PCF so however you try to spin it he saw the tweet about PCF and replied saying he didn't know them. That's it.

Majmun

Shit about to hit the fan?

F2aeWo9.png

This could get interesting *.*

Penello has some explaining to do

KAL2006

Banned
Well obviously we'll still see some small differences but i don't expect one version to be 60fps and the other 30fps for example.
Adrian Chmielarz confirmed that multiplatform devs goal is not to push the strongest platform to it limits but instead meat a common target that will make both versions look more or less the same.

I really doubt it, especially when there are superior PC version out there. Perhaps PS4 won't be pushed in its first year or 2, but I don't doubt devs will push PS4 to its limits.

nib95

Banned
Adrian Chmielarz confirmed that multiplatform devs goal is not to push the strongest platform to it limits but instead meat a common target that will make both versions look more or less the same.

Well that's disappointing. First party efforts will just continue to steam role them then. If the discrepancy is wide enough consumers will take note.

Amir0x

Banned
Well obviously we'll still see some small differences but i don't expect one version to be 60fps and the other 30fps for example.

Well that big of a framerate difference wouldn't happen even if the dev WAS trying, I can't imagine. The PS4 isn't THAT significantly more powerful than the Xbox One

But we are talking easily that if a game is struggling to hit 30fps on XBO, it'll easily be rock solid on PS4.

And, people had that same goal last gen, sublimit, and multiplatform games across PS3 and 360 were frequently quite superior on the 360. The differences were often fairly large, even so far as to be different resolutions on the various platforms.

Minions

Adrian Chmielarz confirmed that multiplatform devs goal is not to push the strongest platform to it limits but instead meat a common target that will make both versions look more or less the same.MS's PR will use that to their advantage of course.

Glad to see he can speak for every dev out there.... and knows everyone. How do people get away with blanket statements....?

As I said he responded DIRECTLY to the PCF Tweet. Directly.

which was the most recent tweet in the conversation.

Just read both tweets as one sentence.

"Adrian Chmielarz and his "friends". Former People Can Fly dev."

"Don't know em"

He doesn't know Adrian is what he's saying. Not that he doesn't know PCF. The guy could have said former Epic dev and he probably would have answered the same way.

FeiRR

Banned
As I said he responded DIRECTLY to the PCF Tweet. Directly.

He could have waited a bit and googled the guy's name. I tend to do that when talking about trivial stuff, not to mention serious professional matters, especially if their result would be everybody calling you a liar.

It also amuses me people still don't get who Adrian Chmielarz's "friends" may be. Come on, GAF, that's detective stuff level "very easy".

nbraun80

This is rubbish. He pressed reply on the tweet about PCF so however you try to spin it he saw the tweet about PCF and replied saying he didn't know them. That's it.
come on people, the second one tries to clarify who Adrian and friends are, even with the info of them being former pcf workers he still didn't know 'em. I don't know how more simple it can be.

To be honest its getting way out of hand. Currently, evidence are favoring PS4 being more powerful. Yet MS insisting that it's not the case. What I don't understand is why are they shying to reveal the actual specs? Why are they waiting for the end of September. Is there any kind of embargo or am I missing something here? Because by that time, IMO, MS could have enough damaged done to themselves if developers keeps revealing and favoring PS4 in terms of power difference.

These are the same guys that were unimpressed by Sony's February unveiling, then came out with the worst console unveiling ever at their own. The same guys that said they would kill Sony at E3. Pretty sure they're just arrogant and delusional.

Flayer

which was the most recent tweet in the conversation.

Just read both tweets as one sentence.

"Adrian Chmielarz and his "friends". Former People Can Fly dev."

"Don't know em"

He doesn't know Adrian is what he's saying. Not that he doesn't know PCF
He is saying he doesn't know PCF, that's exactly what he's saying clear as day. Why are you trying to spin it?

JaggedSac

I don't even know everyone that works at my own company, you expect Albert to know everyone at every company MS works with in games. Come the fuck on guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom