• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands |S2| Live Action Anime w/ Chi Warrior Megazord | Sundays on AMC

Bandit1

Loved the big fight with the Barons, got some nice wheelchair moves in there too. Widow stays winning. Digging the overhead shots during the fight and after Ryder took a blade to the chest. Wonder who is going to be Baron now that Ryder's dead. Quinn taking it back with his new team, or maybe Lydia or Jade?

SeanC

Last night's episode felt a little underwhelming, like filler or something.

Also not too keen on the fighting this year and how they're shooting it. As others have mentioned, lots of slow-motion combined with way too many cuts. Still great choreography but I'm still waiting for that one wow-factor of a fight scene, closest for me is the bridge and the stairwell but neither are on the same level as some from last season.

Coxy100

Banned
good episode - but where was Ryder's guards? This was his house that was attacked right .... on his lands... so it should have swarming with his guards?

Great episode really impressed with the pacing of this show. This episode in particular I really liked the costume design. I would rock that Ryder Barron outfit for a halloween party or NYCC for sure.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD Ratings

Season 1

Episode 1 - 6.4 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 4.8 million viewers and a 2.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 2.2 million viewers and a 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 2.2 million viewers and a 0.8 A18-49 rating

Season 2

Episode 1 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 3.1 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 A18-49 rating

Note: this week's episode did not have The Walking Dead as a lead in.

Parch

Not sure what I think about this show. It's got style. I'll give it that.

Gratuitous violence, arrogant barons, and a plodding plot. There's plenty of room for improvement but there's not a lot of shows on TV like it.

Geist-

It just amazes me that TWD is still so popular it buffs the viewership of other
better
shows. People must love zombies.
Not sure what I think about this show. It's got style. I'll give it that.

Gratuitous violence, arrogant barons, and a plodding plot. There's plenty of room for improvement but there's not a lot of shows on TV like it.
This is about where I'm at with it. If only there were more shows willing to invest so much in its action sequences.

Bandit1

L+SD Ratings

Season 1

Episode 1 - 6.4 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 4.8 million viewers and a 2.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 2.2 million viewers and a 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 2.2 million viewers and a 0.8 A18-49 rating

Season 2

Episode 1 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 3.1 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 A18-49 rating

Wow, took a hit without that Walking Dead lead in. I'm guessing they did the same thing last season with that drop from Episode 3 to Episode 4 which was even bigger. Not really worried right now though, Turn kept chugging with a lot less.

Decent episode, but was expecting more from the Barons fight. Too many fights to keep track of, too many quick cuts again. I don't know if they have a different fight choreographer this season or what, but they just don't feel as epic.

At least we got rid of Ryder.

WarRock

I feel like they upped the gore to compensate the worse editing this season. So many weird cuts. Feels like they don't know what to do with MK either, he is basically retreading his (unfinished) arc with Tilda now, expect he got his dark self to fight against instead of Sunny/clippers. On the other hand, the pacing is so much better and I actually feel instigated by what the hell is everybody planning.

Happy that Ryder died, not happy that Nathaniel isn't a recurrent character.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Monkey Leaps Through Mist

Sunny and Bajie get help from an unlikely source, but it comes with a price. Meanwhile, the Widow considers a risky gambit; and MK enacts a dangerous plan.

Oh god. Thought spoilers would be marked in here. I guess Ryder dies...lol.

I just finished episode 3 of season 2. God, M'kay or however you spell his name, is still the worst character. How to write for M'kay: #1 Anything anyone ever asks, tells, or suggests M'kay do, have him do the opposite, or at minimum heavily question what they have told him. #2 Always follow #1

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh god. Thought spoilers would be marked in here. I guess Ryder dies...lol.

Once an episode has aired, spoilers for that episode are fair game.

I just finished episode 3 of season 2. God, M'kay or however you spell his name, is still the worst character. How to write for M'kay: #1 Anything anyone ever asks, tells, or suggests M'kay do, have him do the opposite, or at minimum heavily question what they have told him. #2 Always follow #1

MK

"Hey! Wrong tent!" ROFL

"You might learn something" ROFL

LOL, guilt trip time, good luck Sonny, always caught in the middle of problems.

Top Bottom