• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Invincible - Season 2 Teaser

I hope that the point of this season isn't just that Mark will become stronger, but also that he'll learn how to solve problems without always resorting to using his fists. It's one of the lessons the strongest heroes have to learn, since Superman. It will also make him the anti-Omni Man that he is really wanting to be.

Watched the first episode of season 2 the other day and I have to say the moment they started focusing on multiverse crap my excitement for the rest of the season went down a cliff.
I felt similarly when watching episode 1, but I think the important question to ask yourself is: Do you truly think Invincible will do everything by the book like nearly everyone else is doing? Because as of episode 2 I'm thinking it won't.

I felt similarly when watching episode 1, but I think the important question to ask yourself is: Do you truly think Invincible will do everything by the book like nearly everyone else is doing? Because as of episode 2 I'm thinking it won't.
It's based on a comic that marketed a company wide crossover event that lasted ONE issue. Then just as soon as it ended and the setting was recovering from all the damage, it pulled one of the best villain introductions ever in comics. I can't wait to see that fight animated. I have high hopes for it especially with how good the Omni-man fight in S1 was.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Watched the first episode of season 2 the other day and I have to say the moment they started focusing on multiverse crap my excitement for the rest of the season went down a cliff.
I agree but I can only hope the portal dude getting Brundleflied is all the multiverse shit we gotta sit through.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I lost the thread somewhere in the start of season 2. He and his dad were killing then everything went back to normal.

Sgt.Asher

There's a moment in episode 3 that seems to try to make Amber look better. "You don't have to apologize to save people," after treating Mark like shit in the first season. Can't wait till she's cut out of the story.

Blade2.0

I agree but I can only hope the portal dude getting Brundleflied is all the multiverse shit we gotta sit through.
i mean, the comic and this story were made starting in 2003. It's not just doing multiverse things because marvel did it. Invincible is one of the best comics ever made. just have faith compadre.

There's a moment in episode 3 that seems to try to make Amber look better. "You don't have to apologize to save people," after treating Mark like shit in the first season. Can't wait till she's cut out of the story.
She has been saying all of the right things this season and has been highly supportive for Mark. Unless she randomly betrays him like Omni Man, I think she will be around for a bit longer. She has become kind of a nothing character though.

Seeing that latest episode, it's still so interesting to me seeing a more grounded depiction of what Saiyans from DBZ would be like. They're all basically Season 1 Vegeta/Nappa.

nappa-vegeta.gif

Thank goodness Viltrumites don't have beam powers.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
in terms of Saiyans he is like their Yamcha.
Sure, but he still easily stomps everyone in the start of the saiyan saga with little ease, remember that piccolo at that time is a casual moon destroyer, and those blasts didn't hurt raditz at all; it took goku sacrificing himself to beat raditz at all, he also suffered some damage from gohan's sudden burst of rage.

Even if the humans teamed up they would be completely useless, their powers don't add together, it would still be a bunch of ants trying to fight raditz. He would probably also just immediately kill them, raditz only took so much time with goku because he wanted him to join the other saiyans.

taizuke

I highly doubt she will be. I sort of compare it to Insomniac's doubling down of MJ missions in Spider-Man 2. Cutting these characters or diminishing their roles is just not an option for them. Not to mention that they're female characters and in today's modern climate, doing such thing would be seen as sexist. And, in Amber's case i think is worse cause she's black. If the writers all of a sudden cut Amber to make Mark and Eve a thing (which some people want), it could be seen as them making black female characters problematic.

Anyway, i expected more from this mid season finale. I think they're focusing on too many characters and wish things were moving a bit faster.

I highly doubt she will be. I sort of compare it to Insomniac's doubling down of MJ missions in Spider-Man 2. Cutting these characters or diminishing their roles is just not an option for them. Not to mention that they're female characters and in today's modern climate, doing such thing would be seen as sexist. And, in Amber's case i think is worse cause she's black. If the writers all of a sudden cut Amber to make Mark and Eve a thing (which some people want), it could be seen as them making black female characters problematic.
I don’t understand how you can say all of this about Amber this season and yet you’ve also watched this season so far. It is extremely clear in season 2, Amber and Mark’s other best friend/college roommate guy have both been 100% shoved into the background this season. I don’t care what happens to Amber either way, but let’s not pretend that she is getting significant screen time in season 2.

An easy way to tell is the simple fact that so far Amber has not appeared alone on screen at all in Season 2, compared to Season 1 where she did quite a bit. She is now only present either when Mark is present or when Eve is present on screen. Her speaking lines have been significantly cut as well since now that she’s just ‘the chill normal supportive girlfriend’ and there’s no drama. Thus she has been made boring and not relevant to the plot anymore.

So far this is not comparable to MJ at all. She is now exactly what everyone originally wanted her to be, in this season.

taizuke

I don’t understand how you can say all of this about Amber this season and yet you’ve also watched this season so far. It is extremely clear in season 2, Amber and Mark’s other best friend/college roommate guy have both been 100% shoved into the background this season. I don’t care what happens to Amber either way, but let’s not pretend that she is getting significant screen time in season 2.

An easy way to tell is the simple fact that so far Amber has not appeared alone on screen at all in Season 2, compared to Season 1 where she did quite a bit. She is now only present either when Mark is present or when Eve is present on screen. Her speaking lines have been significantly cut as well since now that she’s just ‘the chill normal supportive girlfriend’ and there’s no drama. Thus she has been made boring and not relevant to the plot anymore.

So far this is not comparable to MJ at all. She is now exactly what everyone originally wanted her to be, in this season.

The reason I compare it to Insomniac is that they both had a chance to do something about the fan backlash on these characters and chose not to. They could've dropped the MJ missions but didn't. They could've made Amber brake up with Mark and make Mark and Eve a thing but didn't. Now, Amber may not be getting more screen time, but they purposely have made her into the most understanding/perfect girlfriend ever, which you yourself said has made her into a nothing character.

I think addressing the way she treated Mark and them breaking up, would be a better way to handle Amber even if ultimately they get back together again. Amber realizing her mistake and making up for it could've been a way to get fans back on her side.

Top Bottom