• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

If it's the only way you can do it. Ending it at Rd 9 won't affect me much. Are you going to run playoffs for the top 4.

Yeah top 4 will still have playoffs. The big reason I want to run another round, is both gatekeeper and Merc have a really good chance of getting into the top 4, so I don't want to cut it short and lock them out. Both of them have a WAY higher tie break score than me too, so I really just want to give them a fair chance to get in.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm working on the new thread. Does anyone have any PC or Android titles they'd recommend? Here's what I currently have:

Android
1. Small World 2
2. Neuroshima Hex
3. Ticket to Ride
4. Carcassonne
5. Alhambra
Honorable Mentions: Abalone, Kingdom Builder

PC
Yucata.de
boardgamearena
OCTGN
TTR
M44
Catan: Creator's Edition?

Blood Bowl
Space Hulk

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm working on the new thread. Does anyone have any PC or Android titles they'd recommend? Here's what I currently have:

Android
1. Small World 2
2. Neuroshima Hex
3. Ticket to Ride
4. Carcassonne
5. Alhambra

PC
Yucata.de
boardgamearena
OCTGN
TTR
M44

Blood Bowl
Space Hulk

By M44 you mean the one on steam, right? that one's surprisingly solid.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah. I haven't played a ton of the Steam board games (PC play mostly on BGA and yucata when I do) but M44 iirc is quite decent. I'll probably remove Blood Bowl because it looks like they're coming out with Blood Bowl 2 (hope this one has a decent tutorial).

Android
1. Small World 2
2. Neuroshima Hex
3. Ticket to Ride
4. Carcassonne
5. Alhambra

PC
Yucata.de
boardgamearena
OCTGN
TTR
M44

Blood Bowl
Space Hulk
I'd add boiteaujeux too for PC.
They've got some decent async games on there (I've played a fair bit of Trajan on there).

...and no Goko? ;)

Ok, thanks guys, lets finish this up!

NeoGAF Summoner Wars Tournament 1 Finals

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Army Tracker

Top 4:
1 - CzarTim | CzarTim
2 - tm24 | tm24
3 - Roodiculous | Roodiculous
4 - RaySpencer | RaySpencer

Rules:
- Single match
- Either person can invite
- Armies are reset
- All armies are fair game
- Dont reuse armies during the finals

neogafboardgames-SummonerWarsT1Finals.png

Hell yeah! Summoner Wars is out on Android. It looks like you need to purchase the armies again (I did), but it has cross platform matches!

I will buy everything all over again!

galvatron

Quick Hearthstone plug: Can anyone who plays from this thread add me to their Friends? AstroLad

I actually started playing this again recently...still just slumming it with the free packs, but got some a legendary yesterday 2 packs in a row.

I'll add everyone when I get back to my ipad.

Tim's Guild Dwarves beat my Benders.

I had control of the game since it started! And then he rushed in a Grungor and killed me. Haha.

Good game man.

BGG have some info on Fairy Tale
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/30642/app-news-the-phantom-of-carcassonne-is-here-scound

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/yao-jing-qi-tan-fairy-tale/id705048627?mt=8
It's a card drafting game which had a decent reputation.

It's free, allegedly also in English. There's IAP for advanced rules.
Not sure on async either. I'll download it later and give it a try.

I've been playing Dream Quest which is a rogue-like dungeon crawl crossed with a deck builder. It's really good. The artwork is like something a 6 yo would come up with and the buttons are a bit fiddly on an iPhone.
Other than that it's an excellent time waster.
Single player only though.

I've got Phantom too.

I've given Fairy Tale a try.
Multiplayer seems to force you to playing with 4, but you can sub CPU players in also.
I tried to play with my brother who volunteered to play online but it looks like he needed to be playing at the same time so that looks like it won't be much use.
However the game looks interesting and is free with IAP (£3.99) to unlock 'expert cards'.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Scoundrels of Skullport for Lords of Waterdeep is out -- please please please get it and invite me (preferably 3+ players if playing with both expansions). Fantastic expansion.

Haven't purchased the Phantom expansion yet. Could someone give me a quick rundown on what it's all about? Astro invited me to a game and I'm trying not to be his personal punching bag the first time out (jk!)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Haven't purchased the Phantom expansion yet. Could someone give me a quick rundown on what it's all about? Astro invited me to a game and I'm trying not to be his personal punching bag the first time out (jk!)

It's really simple - just basically a guy you can use to double-place on a tile. So for example city+road on the same tile. And he comes home upon completion and can be reused like any other meep.

you can place 2 meeples in a single turn is what it boils down to, i think

this expansion kinda came out of left field

there's no news within the game app about it :p

Scoundrels of Skullport for Lords of Waterdeep is out -- please please please get it and invite me (preferably 3+ players if playing with both expansions). Fantastic expansion.
Downloading the update seems to take forever. It must be all the new artwork.
My home connection is rubbish. I'll have to pause until I'm at work later.
Looks like fun though.

Heel

Catan HD online multiplayer update is live for iPad. Anyone want to give it a try, preferably beginners? I've never played it.

Got it. Looking to play as well as LoW is now my most played game on iOS.
Is anyone having issues with notifications on the icons disappearing, especially if you also have Ascension games on the go. If I go into play Ascension the existing LOW notifications turn off.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Is anyone having issues with notifications on the icons disappearing, especially if you also have Ascension games on the go. If I go into play Ascension the existing LOW notifications turn off.
Yes this has happened to me with playdek games for a while. Must have been an iOS update or something.

Slacker

Looks like Hive is free in the app store at the moment (have to search iPhone only if you're on the iPad).

I may check out Catan HD later on tonight. Never did buy that one. :)

Top Bottom