• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
What's the verdict on Suburbia? On sale for $2.99 later tonight.

Worth it for the well-done single-player campaign alone. The async was OK but very barebones and with unreliable notifications (sadly this seems to be the case for almost every game nowadays though except -- twist! -- original Carcassonne).

Worth it for the well-done single-player campaign alone. The async was OK but very barebones and with unreliable notifications (sadly this seems to be the case for almost every game nowadays though except -- twist! -- original Carcassonne).

Cool, I'll be picking that up then.

Free, however, is still to much of a price to pay to play Quarriors.

Heel

Grabbing Quarriors. Send your invites!

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
How are the tournament games going? It seems like we havent had too many updates lately.

I invited Norren to be a GC friend but don't think he's responded. Norren can you accept the invite and send me a Waterdeep invite when you do? Or if it's not there just send me a GC invite and I will send the Waterdeep.

Just sent Smiley a SW invite.

I invited Norren to be a GC friend but don't think he's responded. Norren can you accept the invite and send me a Waterdeep invite when you do? Or if it's not there just send me a GC invite and I will send the Waterdeep.

Just sent Smiley a SW invite.

Hmmmmm.

Well I dunno! Where is Tim? Superrobot v Besada has timed out twice, and NorrenRadd hasnt even added you as a friend. Bleh!

Smiley says hes preoccupied with real life right now anyway, so if you guys dont get your SW game done by the time everyone else has, we can just give him the loss like he said, but I will at least wait until its the last game that needs to be finished, no point in doing it now.

I STILL dont think it should take everyone like a month or more to finish one round, haha. Not much point in running simple little tournaments that take a year to play :p

We're in round 17 of our SW match (yes I really have survived that long).
I suspect a result will come shortly.
zIAbnnO.jpg

It would be nice if it was like netrunner, it might just be like elder signs though, which is still cool, but a little less interesting to me.

Could be really cool though, cyberpunk 2077 looked interesting at least! For how little we saw and know about it anyway. Haha.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't seem to be able to get a hold of Norrenradd. My invite hasn't been accepted and I haven't gotten one. No biggie but fyi.

I don't seem to be able to get a hold of Norrenradd. My invite hasn't been accepted and I haven't gotten one. No biggie but fyi.

That sucks.

So nothing going on there, and superrobot v besada has timed out 2 times.

Time to move on I think! Wins for the people who actually post in the thread? haha :p

lords of Waterdeep update is out, new expansion is there for 3 bucks, and the base game is on sale for 5.

It's a cool game, I recommend the base game at least. I know nothing about the expansion.

Brakara

Personally, I'm looking forward to the beta of Star Realms (backed on Kickstarter) which is supposedly coming soon (not on iOS though).

I stand corrected as this is actually coming to iOS after all. Got the PC beta yesterday and looks like a fun game. It's basically Ascension in Space, but instead of collecting most honor points, your goal is to get your opponents' life points down to 0 by attacking directly (with power gained from your played ships and bases). Power can also be used to destroy opponents' bases (these are similar to constructs in Ascension).

I've not got to play much with the Princess and Dragon expansion for Carcassonne but there's another mini expansion coming soon.

BGG:
Carcassonne: The Phantom consists of 6 transparent phantoms in 6 colors. The purple phantom is for the gray player.

Rules
Each player gets a phantom of his player color. When placing a follower on a tile, the player may also place his phantom as an additional follower on the same tile. When both the follower and the phantom occupy the same tile, they must be placed on two different features. When the player gets his phantom back from scoring, he may keep it to use in a later turn. The phantom can also be placed by itself, and always counts as a regular follower.

Sounds more tactical than the last one :p

Slacker

Why on earth doesn't carcassonne automatically move the dragon when it can only go in one direction?

They want to make sure the electronic version of P&D is as terrible as the real life version. :)

Looking forward to the Phantom though - I like that one.

Well, here we go! Slacker cant get ahold of eznark, because eznark is banned, so I'm giving Slacker the win. Smiley says hes busy, so Astro gets the win. So here comes round 9.

NeoGAF Summoner Wars Tournament 1

ROUND 9

eznark getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of past SW tournament and then win percentage.
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4.
- 10 Rounds right now.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.
- Set it to 14 days to cover all random life events, but please dont take 14 days, I will bug people if it starts getting too long. You guys dont listen anyway :p
- Armies are hidden, and mirror matches are allowed, so either person can send the invite

SUPER IMPORTANT INFO
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in the spreadsheet above.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p
AUTOMATIC loss.... haha.

Heel

Anyone playing Hearthstone? I broke down and made a New Zealand account to get it early on iPad. Won my first non-CPU match with 1 life left. So good.

Slade#1166 if you want to add me.

Anyone playing Hearthstone? I broke down and made a New Zealand account to get it early on iPad. Won my first non-CPU match with 1 life left. So good.

Yeah. I've been playing it. I don't like the matchmaking system though, since it seems like I'm getting matched up against people have played a lot more than me and have a lot of fancy cards.

Good game though.

Slacker

Yep! It's excellent. The iPad implementation is rock solid too.

Top Bottom