• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

NeoGAF Summoner Wars Tournament 1

ROUND 8

Pray For Death getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of past SW tournament and then win percentage.
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4.
- 10 Rounds right now.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.
- Set it to 14 days to cover all random life events, but please dont take 14 days, I will bug people if it starts getting too long.
- Armies are hidden, and mirror matches are allowed, so either person can send the invite

SUPER IMPORTANT INFO
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in the spreadsheet above.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p
AUTOMATIC loss.... haha.

neogafboardgames-NeoGAFSummonerWarsTournament1.png

Brakara

Beware of updating Ascension since it then crashes when you try to load an existing game. They've already submitted a fix to Apple though.

Brakara

There's an option to turn off the ads though.

Edit: also, the ads are there because the base game is now free. And if you make a purchase (or have purchased the game or any expansions in the past) you can turn them off.

Heel

Not sure about soon, but these are probably coming this year:

7 Wonders
Catan multiplayer update
Galaxy Trucker
Through the Ages
Unsung Story's card game
Hearthstone
Dominion...? lol

/goes back to Carcassonne

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If I'm supposed to be in any kind of tournament games, please write me down for losses. Sorry guys, I'm trying to deal with personal stuff these days/weeks/months and can't. :(

Will keep checking this thread though. :)

7 Wonders
Catan multiplayer update
Galaxy Trucker
Through the Ages
Unsung Story's card game
Hearthstone
Dominion...? lol

I hope some of those turn out good! Hearthstone is pretty sweet already, and whatever playdek ends up making for Unsung Story will be great im sure. Not sure about how the rest will fair though.

and Dominion, ha.....hahaaa.

If I'm supposed to be in any kind of tournament games, please write me down for losses. Sorry guys, I'm trying to deal with personal stuff these days/weeks/months and can't. :(

Will keep checking this thread though. :)

Luongo leaving and your team crumbling hitting you hard 'eh?

Just jokes man, hope everything gets sorted out!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I hope some of those turn out good! Hearthstone is pretty sweet already, and whatever playdek ends up making for Unsung Story will be great im sure. Not sure about how the rest will fair though.

and Dominion, ha.....hahaaa.

Luongo leaving and your team crumbling hitting you hard 'eh?

Just jokes man, hope everything gets sorted out!

Wish it was that simple dude

7 Wonders
Catan multiplayer update
Galaxy Trucker
Through the Ages
Unsung Story's card game
Hearthstone
Dominion...? lol

Not forgetting the new Ascension which will replace the old Ascension.
That's going to be interesting.

Heel

...and on the upcoming front, Campfire Creations who did Stone Age, are doing something I think.
But we don't know what it is.

"I don't think Campfire's coming back. :(" - Owen at Pocket Tactics when I mentioned CC a few months back

Not a good sign.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ah bummer. Thought they did a solid job with Stone Age. But that game really gets a bit tired after 20 or so plays.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Trying to stay positive, at least it will have a campaign, online tournaments and cross-platform support. :)

I've mostly bailed on Solforge even though I feel like it had some good ideas and I really loved the art. Then again I bailed on Hearthstone for now as well also really cute art, and excellent execution, but the mechanics are just really boring to me. Feels like ages since I've played Ascension though. Partly because Legendary has been my deckbuilding kick since the holidays when my family got crazy into it.

Basically everything is getting obliterated by Netrunner right now so I need someone to finally make a digital version of that. Wish FFG would realize how much they could make off of it.

I would love a digital netrunner RIGHT NOW. Since I got the physical game and just havent sat down to learn the rules yet. Haha. A digital version would teach me really quick :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I would love a digital netrunner RIGHT NOW. Since I got the physical game and just havent sat down to learn the rules yet. Haha. A digital version would teach me really quick :p

I don't think FFG would have a hard time finding super-excited developers. I search Twitter for "netrunner" from time to time just to see what the general buzz is and I swear like 80% of the discussion is from game devs.

Brakara

I've mostly bailed on Solforge even though I feel like it had some good ideas and I really loved the art. Then again I bailed on Hearthstone for now as well also really cute art, and excellent execution, but the mechanics are just really boring to me. Feels like ages since I've played Ascension though. Partly because Legendary has been my deckbuilding kick since the holidays when my family got crazy into it.

For me it's the complete opposite as my gaming time these days consists probably 99% of SolForge, Hearthstone and Ascension. And with the new SolForge patch coming by the end of this month as well as the full release of Hearthstone, I don't expect this to change much.

But, yeah, I'm all for more card games. Personally, I'm looking forward to the beta of Star Realms (backed on Kickstarter) which is supposedly coming soon (not on iOS though). And while I haven't played Netrunner (looks interesting though), I'd like to see some other LCGs come to iOS as well, like Star Wars and Game of Thrones.

I don't think FFG would have a hard time finding super-excited developers. I search Twitter for "netrunner" from time to time just to see what the general buzz is and I swear like 80% of the discussion is from game devs.

Yeah. It seems like the its insanely popular. Even the idle thumbs guys have a separate podcast for just netrunner. Haha

I really need to learn the rules. I got the gist of it at pax, but I've got it at home and a buddy who also has a copy. So I will learn it soon. Hah.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah. It seems like the its insanely popular. Even the idle thumbs guys have a separate podcast for just netrunner. Haha

I really need to learn the rules. I got the gist of it at pax, but I've got it at home and a buddy who also has a copy. So I will learn it soon. Hah.

Yep, and Nels plays on OCTGN -- have played him quite a bit actually. :)

My LOW tourney game with besada has timed out for a second time (It gave me the win). I don't think it's worth risking another 3 weeks for this round as it might happen again.
I'm going to leave it up to the authorities to decide what to do.

My LOW tourney game with besada has timed out for a second time (It gave me the win). I don't think it's worth risking another 3 weeks for this round as it might happen again.
I'm going to leave it up to the authorities to decide what to do.

Well, it looks like we're still waiting on the AstroLad vs NorrenRadd match too. So at the very least you guys have till that game gets done. Haha.

I think with 2 attempts made already though, its time to give Besada the loss.

Dont ban me! haha :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well, it looks like we're still waiting on the AstroLad vs NorrenRadd match too. So at the very least you guys have till that game gets done. Haha.

I think with 2 attempts made already though, its time to give Besada the loss.

Dont ban me! haha :p

Ooh...damn...my bad I'm sure. I have a new baby! I'll send the invite.

What's octgn?

Also congratulations, I'm unbanned. Where is the SW tournament at?

A program on PC that you can use to play certain board/card games. Its a good way to play Android: Netrunner.

Congrats on the unban! What did you get banned for this time? Haha. You currently have a match with Slacker in the SW tourney.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah OCTGN is a little intimidating at first but now I live by it. I actually bought a cheapo Windows laptop just to be able to play it on the go. Unlike VASSAL, the Netrunner plugin at least on OCTGN automates a bunch of stuff so there's not that much more work you need to do if you know the rules. Would not recommend it as a place to learn Netrunner though.

Yeah OCTGN is a little intimidating at first but now I live by it. I actually bought a cheapo Windows laptop just to be able to play it on the go. Unlike VASSAL, the Netrunner plugin at least on OCTGN automates a bunch of stuff so there's not that much more work you need to do if you know the rules. Would not recommend it as a place to learn Netrunner though.

Thats pretty hilarious. Haha.

Yeah, OCTGN isnt a great place to learn how to play Netrunner, but its a great place to play it. I need to spend more time actually learning the game outside of OCTGN, but I will definitely play more games of Netrunner on there.

VASSAL is super interesting, and I'm glad it exists, but yeah it doesnt handle anything for you, so I uninstalled it pretty quick, haha.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah I think I started reading a VASSAL tutorial and just said "alright, fuck this." I think it's for hardcore wargamers mostly and people create modules for a ton more games just because it's relatively easy to do. With all the great online AND IRL options for games though, not my cup of tea.

Edit: Nowadays, when I have any spare time for digital games at all I'm taking iOS turns and playing OCTGN Netrunner. I own every console but just don't have time for them. :p

Heel

For people looking to try something new, it looks like Quarriors is going free later this week for the release of their expansion pack.

I'll have to give it a spin.

Yeah I think I started reading a VASSAL tutorial and just said "alright, fuck this." I think it's for hardcore wargamers mostly and people create modules for a ton more games just because it's relatively easy to do. With all the great online AND IRL options for games though, not my cup of tea.

Edit: Nowadays, when I have any spare time for digital games at all I'm taking iOS turns and playing OCTGN Netrunner. I own every console but just don't have time for them. :p

Yeah, VASSAL interested me, because you can play Twilight Imperium on it...then I tried it, and just deleted everything, haha.

Im basically the same with my PS4 and Xbox One, except instead of OCTGN Netrunner and iOS games all the time, Ive been playing fuckloads of 3DS for the past 4 months, haha. Ive put in over 70 hours into Bravely Default now, its getting kinda nuts.

For people looking to try something new, it looks like Quarriors is going free later this week for the release of their expansion pack.

I'll have to give it a spin.

Thanks for the heads up! I will check it out when it goes free. I forgot about this game, because I kept confusing it with that scrabble type game. haha

Edit: Quarrel, thats what it was called. I kept mixing up Quarriors with Quarrel, haha.

Good game Merc.

Me (jungle elves) beats Merc (vanguard)

Also, big thanks to CzarTim, since I used the deck he told me about months ago. Haha.

Top Bottom