• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iran PoliGAF: Presidential Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
FUCK YOU.. a little warning please.

WARNING: its a video of a bunch of people choking a man to death. its horrible.

that made me sick to my stomach.

Sorry...

(choking a man to death? they were trying to help him...)

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Chrono said:
Sorry...

(choking a man to death? they were trying to help him...)

well.. it looked like a man had his hand to his throat, squeezing.. either way. it shows a man dying and a little warning would have been nice.

:(

Atrus

Gold Member
quadriplegicjon said:
FUCK YOU.. a little warning please.

WARNING: its a video of a bunch of people choking a man to death. its horrible.

that made me sick to my stomach.

They appear to be helping him. There seems to be a particular emphasis on his neck that doesn't edge on the violent given the womans light touch over the guy with a firmer grip, or the other womans grief reaction.

Furthermore the guy previously with the hands over the face, recoils in disbelief with his hands touching his head.

In addition, attempts are being made to open his jaws which apparently were clenched shut.

Overall, the man is suffering from internal hemorrhaging and people are trying to brace his head but don't exactly seem to know what to do.

Chrono

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
well.. it looked like a man had his hand to his throat, squeezing.. either way. it shows a man dying and a little warning would have been nice.

I think he was trying to stop a wound or something.

Sorry again about the lack of a warning...

Chrono said:
It could take a decade or even two for Iran to become a democracy. I wouldn't be surprised to finally this regime go sometimes in the 2030s after celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2029.

Well, it took the US about 180 years from independence to democratize. The important thing is that Iranians be left to democratize themselves.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
quadriplegicjon said:

There were massive amount of blood coming out of the guy's mouth. I think the people there were trying to secure his neck and apply pressure to an obvious external wound somewhere around the neck area.

Banned
speculawyer said:
Ahmadinejad is such an ass. His country has failing economy and massive street protests, so he talks about how the USA is falling apart. Despite our economic woes, our economy is in MUCH better shape that Iran's.

And what political crisis? There is absolutely no political crisis in the USA at all. Certainly there are disagreements among the parties . . . but that is exactly what politics is! There is supposed to be disagreements! Perhaps you don't understand the nature of democracy . . . your actions certainly show this.
I don't know. The way you democrats talk about global warming, healthcare, gun ownership, car emissions, environmental protections, wage protections, union membership, etc etc you could fooled me about bad America is.

He sounds like a college liberal at any political rally in 2008.:lol . Also lol at political parties bit as well.

I hope this ends soon.

I don't know. The way you democrats talk about global warming, healthcare, gun ownership, car emissions, environmental protections, wage protections, union membership, etc etc you could fooled me about bad America is.

He sounds like a college liberal at any political rally in 2008.

Only you could derail and go off topic with such a stupid post...

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
Only you could derail and go off topic with such a stupid post...
Well it was a joke, so it was kinda supposed to be off-topic, but of course you would be offended by that.

Also i thought i was on your ignore list?

1) I'm not a Democrat.

2) You seem to be an authoritarian like Amedinijhad . . . if someone talks about trying to address an issue then they are just complainers and not patriotic people actually trying to improve their country.

Well it was a joke, so it was kinda supposed to be off-topic, but of course you would be offended by that.

Also i thought i was on your ignore list?

Your "joke" was as funny as An American Carol. Use better source material.

And as far as ignore I don't really remember ever "threatening" you with an ignore. I have one person on my ignore list because he is a nutbag. You're constantly foolish but not a nutbag.

Banned
speculawyer said:
1) I'm not a Democrat.

2) You seem to be an authoritarian like Amedinijhad . . . if someone talks about trying to address an issue then they are just complainers and not patriotic people actually trying to improve their country.
1.:lol
2.:lol :lol

i'm just saying you can't talk about how awful a country is and how bad things have gotten and how terrible the leadership is, etc etc for the past 8, 16 or 32 years, than get offended when someone else says it.

Also I like how complaining makes you patriotic. I never knew it was so easy.

Also I like how complaining makes you patriotic. I never knew it was so easy.

Complaining can indeed be a patriotic act. As can action. As always it depends on the situation, the context, and the actual complaints. The world isn't black and white.

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
Your "joke" was as funny as an American Carol. Use better source material.

And as far as ignore I don't really remember ever "threatening" you with an ignore. I have one person on my ignore list because he is a nutbag. You're constantly foolish but not a nutbag.
That came off the top of my head so it's nice to know that if what i'm doing today doesn't work, i can get a job as a screenwriter

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
Complaining can indeed be a patriotic act. As can action. As always it depends on the situation, the context, and the actual complaints. The world isn't black and white.
Wow, thanks Captain America. I'll leave you to go fight those nazi's.

By the way, this a joke. I'm hoping the Capt. America bit would make that obvious, but I never know how high I should throw before it goes over your head .

Wow, thanks Captain America. I'll leave you to go fight those nazi's.

By the way, this a joke. I'm hoping the Capt. America bit would make that obvious, but I never know how high I should throw before it goes over your head .

You need a joke writer book. Sigh...

Conservatives just aren't funny. It's their achilles heel.

Tarazet

BorkBork said:
You think if you go and rig an election, you would want to do it in a subtle way. All of these discrepancies are pretty freaking blatant.

He probably thinks nobody can stop him. Obama is taking a hands-off approach and everybody else is scared shitless.

Banned
Stoney Mason said:

My achilles heel is my weakness for asian women and refusal to follow bullshit traffic laws like not talking on a cellphone. I'll text whomever I want wherever i want, thank you very much.

Also I am a very funny guy. I am the green lantern of funny. Being called unfunny by a black atheist, a minuscule group that everyone knows is void of all feelings just confirms my humor ability.

Tarazet

Stoney Mason said:

Somebody go tell Dennis Mil..

I can't even say it with a straight face.

empty vessel said:
Well, it took the US about 180 years from independence to democratize. The important thing is that Iranians be left to democratize themselves.

This man is absolutely correct. All of 20-30 something relatives there are just too damn afraid to do much right now though. I told them every single person their age should just "storm the castle" so to speak. Easier said than done. It has to be done one day and should be done by them. My logic was, for every revolutionary guard, 5-6 students to take them down. Sounds cold, I know, but a few of them have wanted to do this but never actually say it out loud. I'm just not sure how outnumbered the younger generation is..

Chrono

Banned
^I think the regime will just die out honestly. It'll take a long time, but what can you do.

What's frightning is the prospect of technology enhancing the life spans of the mullahs. Really, this stuff is coming. Khamenie could still be ruling well into his nineties and the ones younger than him (the ahmadinejad generation) even higher - 100, 120, etc...It really could happen. :lol

Now it's not just people dying that changes a society, new generations come into the picture. However, this is also a problem in Iran. One of the only good policies pursued by the mullah regime is family planning and Iran's fertility rate I think is the record for fastest drop or something - it's now negative. And before anybody gets scared, know that it has dropped everywhere - including the rural and poor areas where people are most religious. Still, it's not like Iranians have stopped making babies. Also, many want to leave and most of those are liberal and educated ones, this helps the mullahs. To what degree this changes things though I don't know.

pgtl_10

empty vessel said:
I'm not so sure I'd put it like that. More like: It's hard to tell what goes on in the Middle East when looking at it through the lens of Western media.

Very True

I actually came to the forum to complain about CNN's coverage. They are risking their credibility showing amateur videos which they themselves said are confirmed. During the Gaza conflict CNN would show a couple pictures inside Gaza but then claim they can't confirm anything going on inside Gaza. Aljazeera was smack dab in the middle of Gaza. CNN could have borrowed a couple of videos from them. CNN chooses to put its credibility depending on who they rooting for.:(

During their piece they even said this what the Iranian government doesn't want you to see.
I never heard them say anything like about Israel's military censorship.

slide_1769_24040_large.jpg

Naghshe Jahan Square, Iran, June 16 2009.

GMB

Banned
2:01 AM ET -- Aslan: Rafsanjani calls "emergency" meeting of Assembly of Experts. If true, this is a bombshell. Appearing on CNN last night, Iran expert Reza Aslan reported this:

There are very interesting things that are taking place right now. Some of my sources in Iran have told me that Ayatollah Rafsanjani, who is the head of the Assembly of Experts -- the eighty-six member clerical body that decides who will be the next Supreme Leader, and is, by the way, the only group that is empowered to remove the Supreme Leader from power -- that they have issued an emergency meeting in Qom.

Now, Anderson, I have to tell you, there's only one reason for the Assembly of Experts to meet at this point, and that is to actually talk about what to do about Khamenei. So, this is what I'm saying, is that we're talking about the very legitimacy, the very foundation of the Islamic Republic is up in the air right now. It's hard to say what this is going to go.

source

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
What i think that is one of the most inspiring things about whats going on.. is the fact that its relatively peaceful on the part of the protesters. Most of the violence that ive read about has been from the people in power. Like others have said, its not impossible that Ahmadinejad could have won.. but thats why things like elections need to be as open and transparent as possible, to put to rest any doubt of deceit so it does not follow the next person to take office. Heavy handed tactics and violence betrays themselves even if they did win.

ill be honest, i do not know much about current Iranian politics. That being said the people taking place in these demonstrations have my support, for whatever thats worth.

exarkun

GMB said:

Holy fucking shit. I hope its true. Now Rafsanjani is not the best person (has made a huge motherfucking fortune since the revolution) but he knows what has to be done in order to keep power. He is very savvy. IF he is actually doing this, then it has to be a clear sign of how bad things have become for the current regime. And from what I have heard on persian television, he has always been in favor of a not too overly religious state (probably because he has no faith left). So we will see.

O please o please do something big Rafsanjani. Iran needs it!

I never thought I would say something like that *sigh*. Its crazy.

syllogism

Guardian's blog:
11am:
The man who leaked the real election results from the Interior Ministry - the ones showing Ahmadinejad coming third - was killed in a suspicious car accident, according to unconfirmed reports, writes Saeed Kamali Dehghan in Tehran.

Mohammad Asgari, who was responsible for the security of the IT network in Iran's interior ministry, was killed yesterday in Tehran.

Asgari had reportedly leaked results that showed the elections were rigged by government use of new software to alter the votes from the provinces.

Asgari was said to have leaked information that showed Mousavi had won almost 19 million votes, and should therefore be president.

Not that the results seemed plausible to me but this is a bit suspicious if true

Chrono said:
I actually paused and started to wonder where you're posting from. Oh wait, internet.

Really though you must go to some pretty fucked up sites to see things like that on a day to day basis. That video scared the hell out of me.

No. I do rounds at a hospital. So I see stab wounds, failed suicides, skull fractures all the time.

The man appeared to drown in his own blood. There wasn't sign of exterior wounds so I'd imagine internal bleeding altered the pressure in his lungs - essentially filling the lungs and windpipe with blood.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Solidarity. Via reader Dean, Iranian soccer players are wearing green wrist bands in their World Cup Qualifier match on Wednesday versus South Korea:

1245312818.jpg

Mysteriously, ordered to take them off during half time. Also interesting:
Keyhan-ehtics.jpg

Was the pro-Ahmadinejad rally Photosphopped to make it look larger?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
exarkun said:
Holy fucking shit. I hope its true. Now Rafsanjani is not the best person (has made a huge motherfucking fortune since the revolution) but he knows what has to be done in order to keep power. He is very savvy. IF he is actually doing this, then it has to be a clear sign of how bad things have become for the current regime. And from what I have heard on persian television, he has always been in favor of a not too overly religious state (probably because he has no faith left). So we will see.

O please o please do something big Rafsanjani. Iran needs it!

I never thought I would say something like that *sigh*. Its crazy.

I really hate Rafsanjani. He's not as moderate as he seems because he always flip flops on his views, basically he changes his views based on whatever it is that can make him the most money.

He's also the most corrupt person in Iranian politics, he's made his fortunes at the expense of the poor people of Iran, and he was a terrible president too with inflation reaching over 45% during his presidency.

So to see Rafsanjani do something like this makes me suspicious that he's doing it only for his own good, not the good of the nation.

GSG Flash said:
I really hate Rafsanjani. He's not as moderate as he seems because he always flip flops on his views, basically he changes his views based on whatever it is that can make him the most money.

He's also the most corrupt person in Iranian politics, he's made his fortunes at the expense of the poor people of Iran, and he was a terrible president too with inflation reaching over 45% during his presidency.

So to see Rafsanjani do something like this makes me suspicious that he's doing it only for his own good, not the good of the nation.
Well, if he is just part of the move to address the Mullahs, perhaps the other guys can keep on eye on him. Groups of people and transparency are the best thing to reduce corruption.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
My achilles heel is my weakness for asian women and refusal to follow bullshit traffic laws like not talking on a cellphone. I'll text whomever I want wherever i want, thank you very much.

Also I am a very funny guy. I am the green lantern of funny. Being called unfunny by a black atheist, a minuscule group that everyone knows is void of all feelings just confirms my humor ability.

Wow you're really bad at this.

Chrono

Banned
Wow I just read that Mousavi is calling for a mourning demonstration for the 'martyred.'

Heh, this is exactly what happened during the revolution. The Shah's police would kill one or two, and out came thousands mourning them. More were shot dead, more came out mourning them.

I don't think this is going to turn into another revolution, but things aren't dying down like I expected...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Chrono said:
Wow I just read that Mousavi is calling for a mourning demonstration for the 'martyred.'

Heh, this is exactly what happened during the revolution. The Shah's police would kill one or two, and out came thousands mourning them. More were shot dead, more came out mourning them.

I don't think this is going to turn into another revolution, but things aren't dying down like I expected...

was'nt Mousavi one of the "Patriots" if you will, of the Islamic Revolution?

Chrono

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
was'nt Mousavi one of the "Patriots" if you will, of the Islamic Revolution?

Yeah. Like I posted earlier, the guy presided over the mass executions of opponents, a 'purge' if you will, during his stint as PM.

You can bet a lot of those cheering for him want a secular democracy and are much more liberal than his platform, but how many of his supporters are like that we don't know.

That's why I thought that picture of the old Iranian man with a Che tattoo in the demonstrations was funny. The guy probably was out on the streets shouting death to the shah and then saw this comrades fall one by one as khomeini consolidated power, and now he's out again protesting for the man that was one of khomeini's favorites. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom