• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is 2007 officially the best year in gaming now? (Hell NO)

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Blader5489 said:
1998 > 2001 > 2007 >2004

I'm not all that big on '04, myself. I consider Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, and MGS3 to be the weakest of their trilogies.
Oh shit! Everybody run!!!

sonycowboy said:
No. I recognize that 2004 was sequel heavy, but they are all the absolute best iterations of those franchises and they are still excellent today. I don't know if the same will be said of 2007.

What? Burning Crusade, Halo, Galaxy, CoD4, and TF2 all destroy their predecessors. If you want to count em, it's certainly possible to argue the same for Creed, Bioshock, and Mass Effect too. Are you discounting this year solely because eventually something better might be released in each franchise?

CorwinB

Unless quite a few posters have a time machine, I'd say everyone trying to introduce 2008 into the discussion is trying to derail the thread into system wars bullshit.

That being said, I'd say that personally 2007 was my best (and most expensive) gaming year ever... But I'm much more into console gaming than I was back in 2001 or even 2004.

2007 would've been the best year in gaming if starcraft II had come out in december and GTA 4 and other expected 2007 releases had not slipped to next year

Ironballs

Fallout-NL said:
I seem to remember both Splinter Cell and Project Gotham Racing 2 (which was really fucking good). Apart from that, nothing comes to mind really.

Viewtiful Joe, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ironballs said:
Viewtiful Joe, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Beyond Good & Evil
Final Fantasy X-2
PoP: SoT
Viewtiful Joe
Splinter Cell
KotOR
PGR 2