• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is 3,25% milk really that much worse for your health?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Science will have to snatch my gallon of Lactaid Whole Milk from my cold, dead hands.

That shit is magical, and is even thicker and creamier than normal whole milk with lactose.

all over me

Lactaid is a god-send for my fellow lactose-intolerant brothers and sisters. I will choose it every single time over regular milk.

It is strange. What's even stranger is that we drink milk from a completely different animal. What's even stranger than that is that we're OK with that but grossed out if someone were to continue drinking milk produced by humans.
What's even stranger is that we cook our food. What's the deal with that?

Dont you think its strange humans are the only
yes i am sure someone can find a few extreme situations but 99.999% true
adult mammal that drink milk?

I find it very strange that humans are the only adult mammals that:
  • Cook their food
  • Use plates
  • Have food processors
  • Drink orange juice
  • Store cereal in boxes
  • Turn barley and flowers into beer
  • Ferment grapes into wine
  • Turn rice and potatoes into vodka
  • Keep pets and then feed them food
  • Watch HBO
  • Play videogames
  • Skip school
  • Work for money
  • Smoke drugs
  • Take ibuprofen
  • Listen to the band "Train"
  • Read books
  • Wait in line
  • Ride roller coasters
  • Fly airplanes
  • Use snapchat filters to look like non-human mammals
  • Build telescopes
  • Watch Nascar
  • Wash their clothes
  • Use tissues
  • Wipe their butts for sanitation
  • Poop into mechanical water devices
  • Tinkle in toilets
  • Mow their lawns
  • and Ride the school bus

Gorger

I try to drink one of these every other day.

c4cb26a321c78ebca217ffbc4dde6b96

They are extra light with added D-vitamins. I really don't care for fat milk... too creamy and overwhelming.

Lombax

Banned
YOLO Full fat milk is fine, and the best way to go. I live in the free state of NH so we even have access to (gasp!) RAW MILK!!!

If you don't like milk then don't drink it.

I only drink 3%, Red Milk as we call it here in Swedenland.
Anything lower tastes like mildly milkflavored water and makes me wanna vomit.

And you can't use anything else for a White Russian or moonshine and milk.

bman94

I'm American and that is clearly an open-faced sandwich.

I'm American too, that's not a damn sandwich, that's depression.

Never knew Whole Milk was referred to as 3.25%. But I enjoy the taste of Whole Milk better than 2% but 2% fucks up my stomach a lot less than Whole Milk. If I drink whole milk in just prepared for a long fart filled day. 2% still anticipating a lot of farting but significantly less than Whole Milk.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Straight off the brain,
Mr milkman got you, straight to the vein,
I'm big Biff, put milk all on you, Jesus,
Cash, jewels, put milk all on you, God,
Fully fat, white silk, linens
Blast you with guns,
Milk out the double barrel when I laugh while eating cereal,
Milkman cometh,
I represent Queens, she was raised out in Brooklyn,
Life up.

Salvadora

Like others have said, everything is fine in moderation.

Go overboard with pretty much anything and there will be health repercussions.

Far too much people get caught up with what they are eating rather than how much of it they are eating.

Cromat

Isn't fat already completely discredited as horrible poison? The current consensus is that sugar is the actual problem. In any case the miniscule difference in fat content and calories make skim milk and low fat yogurt (yuck) horrible trade offs.

Isn't fat already completely discredited as horrible poison? The current consensus is that sugar is the actual problem. In any case the miniscule difference in fat content and calories make skim milk and low fat yogurt (yuck) horrible trade offs.
Indeed it is. That terrible shoddy study from the 80's has been discredited yet people still demonize fat whilst glugging down 'fat free' yoghurt full of sugar.

----

I raise you Jersey cow milk, gold top! The TRUE best milk!

But srsly I love this stuff...but I am trying to go vegan so will have to wean off of it.

005914.jpg

kharma45

Semi-skimmed is about 2.5% in the UK (may have changed). This is the stuff I use. As a kid I used whole milk (3.5-4%) exclusively, but then I tried semi-skimmed as was astonished how little difference in taste there was, so I switched permanently.

I only use milk on cereal and in recipes that require it. I never drink it by the glass.

It's usually 1.5-2% unless the milk we're getting in Nothern Ireland is somehow different, which I doubt.

Strangely enough theres also an orange top milk now too from Asda. 1% fat milk.
Sainsburys do it too. We've some smaller stores here too like Centra and Spar who carry it in purple lidded ones.

Sainsburys also has Arla milk which has the fat content of skimmed but tastes very close to semi skimmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom