• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it considered effeminate to use a straw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moff

there are several reasons why this could be considered effeminate

-first of all the obvious phallic reference. and you don't even suck a massive dick like a real man would, no you suck a tiny little plastic dick

-you use something that is completely not necessary, real men keep it as basic as possible

-you can only drink tiny dosages at a time and not a massive load at once like a real man would

personally, I don't like straws because I feel they restrict me too much.

Amalthea

Banned
What about bottles? Bottle necks are pretty phallic.

But real man just splash drinks at their faces and absorb the liquid trough their huge pores.

dejay

Banned
I think women are, by tradition, linked to straws because of lipstick, where they're beneficial in reducing the frequency of required lipstick reapplications in a bar.

Personally I think straws are a pain and I think, or at least assume, most guys don't like them except maybe to stir a mixed drink.

I think women are, by tradition, linked to straws because of lipstick, where they're beneficial in reducing the frequency of required lipstick reapplications in a bar.

Was going to post this. Can't believe it took 4 pages for someone to.

I don't personally consider it effeminate though. But then again I'm a European man who wears a messenger bag so what do I know.

Frodo

meMcASR.gif

Dont eat a banana, op.

This exercise was realised by a professional. DO NOT try this at home. The banana might break and you might die with a banana in your throat.

. That fork you just stabbed into the steak may have been in a guy's ass the day before for all you know,
One of the dumbest posts I have ever seen, quit making shit up just to scare the guy. I've worked in restaurants for years and I have never seen that happen.
I have seen shitloads of kitchen and waitstaff sticks straws up their asses and then serve them in drinks to customers minutes later though

Jobbs

Banned
you need to lean way back and spread your legs apart and take up as much space on your seat as possible, eat anything and everything with your bare hands, drool, and belch. If anyone challenges you, scream and attack. Most of all, no straws. Otherwise you're a pussy.

Honestly it's not worth caring about. If people consider you effeminate for using a straw, let them. You're not hurting anyone and if it's your preferred way to drink then do it. There are a lot of things in this world we should worry about, I wouldn't stress about drinking from a straw.

I love coca cola so I always use a straw when available to alleviate the damage to my teeth.

I keep some at work too for if I feel like getting one from the vending machine.

You are right. It is considered effeminate. People will think you are gay if you drink out of a straw and you might get dragged behind a truck.

I wouldn't do it if I were you. Stay safe.

Kathian

Banned
I use a straw with mixed drinks like vodka cokes; helps me controversy's how much I drink. If I drink from the glass will be gone pretty immediately.

Impulsor

Wtf is wrong with people, first they laugh at people who put milk in coffee and now using a straw is effeminate.

All drinks get served with straws at the cinema and fast food chains here. Some american food chains here serve drinks with straws too...

This never even crossed my mind till now.

-first of all the obvious phallic reference. and you don't even suck a massive dick like a real man would, no you suck a tiny little plastic dick

-you use something that is completely not necessary, real men keep it as basic as possible

-you can only drink tiny dosages at a time and not a massive load at once like a real man would

This seems reasonable.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Using a straw for any drink is effeminate in my opinion.

Unless it's because of a medical or disability reason.

Care to explain why you think it's effiminate? Because without a good reason(and I fail to think of one), that just makes you look like a fool.

edit: Just saw the reasons mentioned by Moff, but even that isn't good reasons enough.

You are restricting yourself by being a person who doesn't use straws.

Yep. Also, don't eat icecream in public. Never eat bananas in public.
Don't lick stuff, don't suck stuff.
Don't eat pussy. Men don't eat pussy. We just fuck.
Don't dance salsa. Don't dance at all.
You have three subjects to talk about: Cars, sports and women's bodies (other than your girlfriend's).
You can drink beer, not wine. You will sit in a way like you just don't give a fuck. Even when you drive a car. You will try and eat more unhealthy stuff than other guys.

Please give less of a fuck about what other people think.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yep. Also, don't eat icecream in public. Never eat bananas in public.
Don't lick stuff, don't suck stuff.
Don't eat pussy. Men don't eat pussy. We just fuck.
Don't dance salsa. Don't dance at all.
You have three subjects to talk about: Cars, sports and women's bodies (other than your girlfriend's).
You can drink beer, not wine. You will sit in a way like you just don't give a fuck. Even when you drive a car. You will try and eat more unhealthy stuff than other guys.

Please give less of a fuck about what other people think.

That's the first time I heard that doing this might not be "manly".

cajunator

Banned
the lengths that some people go to seem manly is pretty hilarious if you think about it.
Especially lifted trucks and chewing tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom