• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it just me that really likes how the original Xbox one looks?

ReBurn

Gold Member
I like the One X and One S better, but I also have one of those. It reminded me a lot of PS2 and how it looked like something a grownup would have in their media center.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
If you like how your Blu-ray player looks, you probably love what XBone looks like. It's just a generic black rectangle that goes next to a TV.

People like to shit on PS5's shape but at least it looks distinctive and you won't mistake it for an old VCR or DVD player

No, you'll mistake it for a router or a fan. 🤮
1-5ee363b4a0daf__700-640x955.jpg

Edit: Left this out - I did like the looks of the Xbox vcr. I actually preferred it to my Xbox 1X and PS4 slim.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
No, I liked Xbox classic more. And Xbox one got scratches so easily because of the piano coating.

Larivel

I prefer one s and one x, especially one x which has really high build quality, original model feels really cheap compared to it.

Certinty

If it were a lot smaller I would agree. Plus I still can’t believe it required a power brick but that’s another story.

The One X is more or less the best looking piece of console equipment I would say. Small, sleek and sexy.

cireza

It wasn't worse than any other modern console. As bland as it gets.

Only Xbox I really like in terms of design was the OG one.

Last edited:

Codes 208

It was mocked at the time for sure, especially when compared to the superior ps4 design.

But i would HAPPILY take that design over the heavily over-simplified xbox series s/x or playskool-looking ass ps5
It wasn't worse than any other modern console. As bland as it gets.

Only Xbox I really like in terms of design was the OG one.
The xbox 360 S is still the goat imo. Kept the general uniqueness of the xbox and 360 but with that semi-sharp sleakness of a modern design

MarkMe2525

You like what you like. I thought it was cool back in the day, like a big piece of audio visual equipment. The redesign was better for sure.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I have to say it is one of the worst looking modern consoles (Game Cube/PS2 onwards). Absolutely horrid design. Good news is they’ve done a great job since.

It's already been said but the one x is by far the best designed xbox such a small densely packed powerful device for its time, they could've changed the cpu and launched a whole new generation with that since it was such a leap

540c69dc-b4e6-4ad5-8442-2b8bb0c587cd.png

It was too big and on top of that, with that horrible external power supply brick, with the ONE s they did it much better.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Yup. While it was cubed shaped, there was gray on black, and don’t forget the mother fucking handle.

The handle was a good idea for a square brick console but I never looked at it.

When I had Series X I really didn't mind the form factor. It came off like a tiny tower PC and blended in as practically invisible amongst all the other black squares in my living room. It was near a Gamecube and theater speaker and it all seemed stylistically cohesive. Better than I can say for LOOK AT ME I'M NUMBER ONE Playstation 5.

Of course the GOAT is Sega Genesis 1

As long as it isn't covered with RGB shit I don't care what a console looks like. Some PCs look like they were dragged through a pride parade.

Last edited:

rapid32.5

The problem back then was $100 more than PS4, Kinect and Mattrick’s marketing that tarnished the console generation forever.

Power Pro

nhsbeu9cm6s71.jpg

I thought you meant this Xbox. I still love the look of it. It felt so substantial, and it was a gaming beast. It had the best graphics for it's time, and I was an early HDTV adopter, and I remember thinking games looked awesome on it on my mirror projection screen.

jayj

Banned
literally the only reason I played the One.
Yeah I mean I guess people can say what they want about the Xbox One, but there is no denying how much I enjoyed playing Forza Motorsport 5-7 and Forza Horizon 2-4 on it. Heck I still play Forza 6, 7, and the Horizons from time to time on my One X, they're just pretty timeless and appealing games. It was especially nice to have those games during that era considering how long it took Sony to release GT7, we went pretty much the entire generation with GT Sport as the only option.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Well most people don't know what they're talking about.
If we look at Forza Motorsport 5 or 7, I would say they're right.
Forza Horizon 2-4 are good games, though. But that's just three titles.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
It was especially nice to have those games during that era considering how long it took Sony to release GT7, we went pretty much the entire generation with GT Sport as the only option.
Driveclub?

Celcius

°Temp. member
That one's ugly.
THIS is the best looking xbox ever made:

s-l600.jpg

The xbox 360 also looks good but one step below it.
Then all the modern Xbox's look boring and bland.

jayj

Banned
If we look at Forza Motorsport 5 or 7, I would say they're right.
Forza Horizon 2-4 are good games, though. But that's just three titles.
Really gotta disagree with you there, Forza Motorsport 5 was a fantastic title looking back considering it was a launch title. How long did it take Sony to release GT7 that gen? I mean come on, there was nothing else really competing with it. As for Forza 7 I never liked it as much as 6 but looking back it was a lot better than the new Forza Motorsport and still among the best racing games.

Driveclub?
Overrated while being somewhat of a failure as well, which says a lot about it. I did actually enjoy that one though, for the most part. It definitely had it's flaws but it's pros as well. A real shame that killed the developer, because I always loved the Motorstorm games which is what they should have made. If it got a 60fps patch I could consider it a much better game today, but playing a racing game at 30fps is pretty rough.

Drew1440

It's large size and huge fan vents were a result of the RROD issue of the Xbox 360. Microsoft didn't not want a repeat of that fiasco and make cooling and thermal temperature the main point of the Xbox One design. Thankfully they nailed it with the One X design instead, I believe thag one was designed by the Surface hardware team instead.

Top Bottom