• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it just me that really likes how the original Xbox one looks?

Z O N E

The faceplate of the Xbone was one of the worst designs ever.

I opened my console up frequently to clean it and that faceplate was absolutely annoying to put back. It had to be put back in a very SPECIFIC way and ONLY that way otherwise it won't fit.

Compare that to the other consoles where things can just pop out or pop in veryeasily.

calistan

The faceplate of the Xbone was one of the worst designs ever.

I opened my console up frequently to clean it and that faceplate was absolutely annoying to put back. It had to be put back in a very SPECIFIC way and ONLY that way otherwise it won't fit.

Compare that to the other consoles where things can just pop out or pop in veryeasily.
The faceplate comes off???

The thing I didn't like about the Xbone design is that it looks super solid but it feels flimsy - thin plastic and full of empty space.

cHaOs667

k4WK3qS.jpg

Does anyone else either like it or come to like it over time.

I’m not talking about the technical aspects, purely aesthetics.

I personally liked how big it was. Wasn’t massive but defiantly had the “centre of your entertainment devices“ vibes which I guess is what they were aiming for.

It in someways reminds me of a vhs player and I don’t know why but for some reason I like that?

Not usually a fan of shiny, scratch prone plastic, but I actually don’t mind the 2 different styles of plastic. Shiny with the Matt. Makes it stand out but not look too imposing.

The front is very clean looking with just the disk drive and power button so doesn’t draw too much attention to itself.

I can’t really explain it other than I find it’s design really interesting and appealing.

olYUULD.jpg
BMC88F7.jpg
I even liked the whole concept and used the HDMI-IN until I replaced it with the OneX...

Red5

Reminds me of my old Orion VCR player. I prefer more unique console designs, like the Sega Mega Drive.

RoboCain

I had one and honestly it looked and played great. However, it was a flawed design. It was too big, had an also massive external power brick, and the internal hard drive was not upgradeable.

It did had however an HDMI in port in which you could daisy chain a secondary device, which was great for a Chromecast.

Bond007

I never liked it and i hated the original controller.
I remember publications making fun of it for stamping the X everywhere, as if we didn't already know.

k4WK3qS.jpg

Does anyone else either like it or come to like it over time.

I’m not talking about the technical aspects, purely aesthetics.

I personally liked how big it was. Wasn’t massive but defiantly had the “centre of your entertainment devices“ vibes which I guess is what they were aiming for.

It in someways reminds me of a vhs player and I don’t know why but for some reason I like that?

Not usually a fan of shiny, scratch prone plastic, but I actually don’t mind the 2 different styles of plastic. Shiny with the Matt. Makes it stand out but not look too imposing.

The front is very clean looking with just the disk drive and power button so doesn’t draw too much attention to itself.

I can’t really explain it other than I find it’s design really interesting and appealing.

olYUULD.jpg
BMC88F7.jpg

It just looks very corporate...kind of like when McDonald's went from fun to boring...

F0Xrq9XWYAgR77y.png

DaGwaphics

The old VCR was big, but it did have a quality look to it. Like premium audio equipment from the 80s or early 90s.

Glad that they dropped the touch sensitive nonsense for the Series systems though, my VCR was almost sentient by the time I was done with it. Always turning itself on at random times.

Z O N E

The faceplate comes off???

The thing I didn't like about the Xbone design is that it looks super solid but it feels flimsy - thin plastic and full of empty space.

Yes, but you have to take off the main body first.

The issue is putting it back together. the body is quite simple, but to put the front facing plate back on, it has to be VERY, VERY specific or it just won't clip on. It's extremely annoying.

It's honestly, the worst design of ANY console.

Yeah, the glossy, flimsy design of it is terrible.

Top Bottom